• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.
eclipse scepter upgrade got buffed but probably not enough to make it worthwhile

glaive bounce damage nerfed but it can bounce back to units it's already hit

looks like a wash for her

It's actually a pretty large buff. The glaive damage reduction was only 5%, so negligible. The bounce back is actually pretty huge and will actually increase your dps in most situations, even taking into account the damage reduction.

The scepter change makes going a magic damage-focused build a more viable option rather than right click if you so desire, but you're kind of forced to choose one or the other since scepter does nothing for your right click. It's alright.

eclipse scepter upgrade got buffed but probably not enough to make it worthwhile

glaive bounce damage nerfed but it can bounce back to units it's already hit

looks like a wash for her

Yeah, she broke even.

Meanwhile, Death Prohet got buffed AGAIN. I need to start playing her again.

M.D

I thnk I'll start getting Radiance on Lone Druid.
I realize what I've been doing till now is pretty stupid, and the results show.

I've been getting boots, phase and orb as first items, then go into Maelstorm to speed up my farm, but I think that choice is stupid.

If I go Radiance, it not only gives me big physical and burn damage, but it also speeds up my farm like the Maelstorm (which doesn't do much more)

I just wish they reduced the cooldown on Lunas ultimate a bit. Shes a char with so few active spells and her ulti takes like 17 hours to be cast again... and its not thaaaat strong.

shira

ARE YOU PANICKING? YOU SHOULD BE.

I'm doing an analysis of the patch on stream. I will be showing the new stuff added. Come on in!

http://www.twitch.tv/hylian7

Going head-to-head with Icefrog, Icefrog, and Pflax, not a good idea

Who can throw harder?

I wonder if there is an effect the enemy team can see if linkens has been cast on a hero. Or what it looks like for your own team. Some blue glow or something.

RdGySHN.png

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
lol now riki is really fucked by dust and has to diffuse himself. Also he cant stack camps if he wants too.

I can't figure out if Nightstalker got buffed or nerfed.

Edit: Fucking autocorrect.

Hugely buffed.

I wonder how that new Linken's effect looks with Aphotic Shield/Medusa shield. Cause it looks ridiculous with just those two now.

The interesting thing is that Linken's got the sort of effect people were looking for on Vanguard while Vanguard is still pretty much left in the dust.

Hmm so I have been thinking, since Darkseer Surge gives allies "Max Movement Speed" will it give BloodSeeker infinite movespeed or will it just not do anything after 550 (I think that's the max move speed value)

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
A stupid change. Really punishes heroes with long cooldown single target abilities. They are forced to fish on any target just in case.

If you have Linkens, chances are you'll need it. If you dump it on someone else, welp, you just lost your main defense.

It's just to make Linkens a more valuable and proactive item.

Anteo

Hmm so I have been thinking, since Darkseer Surge gives allies "Max Movement Speed" will it give BloodSeeker infinite movespeed or will it just not do anything after 550 (I think that's the max move speed value)

Only the extra speed from thirst can go over 522. The % extra speed is calculated using the flat speed increases and not the % increases
So:

(base speed + boots speed)*(100 + bonus % speed 1)*(100 + bonus % speed 2) etc

Level 1 ancients seem done. You can't risk stacking them because you might get the dragons, which can't be kited through the trees.

Nope, level 1 ancients is still fine on heroes who would normally do it.

Beastmaster
Tinker

I just got my 7-minute Soul and Travels with Tinker no problem in the Test Client ancient stacking. 3 or 4 dragon camps along the way.

Heroes that were not common ancient stackers but who could do it (and now can't):

Windrunner
Medusa
Invoker

Not a real issue for them because either it had become uncommon or was just a niche approach for a lane that couldn't be farmed.

Also, regular jungling (Enig, Lycan, NP, etc.) is easier than ever before. The armor and HP nerfs to neutrals are noticeable. Whereas in the past you might have to do the small camps a couple of times because the neutrals would be hitting a bit too hard and take a little too long to kill, the armor and HP nerfs mean that after you hit level 2, you really never need to revisit the small camp again.

I did 2 runs. One with NP and one with Lycan. With NP, I had boots and midas up about 30seconds - 1 minute faster than in the past. With Lycan, I had the Vlads, Treads, and Medallion up in 12 minutes and it was the easiest 12 minutes of my life. In the past with Lycan in particular it's been a game of managing very low HP and hoping nobody notices. Now...never a problem.

Dahbomb

I can't figure out if Nightstalker got buffed or nerfed.

Edit: Fucking autocorrect.
He's buffed because your first night comes faster but not only that your ultimate limits their vision which is really nice... it actually gives your ultimate a benefit over regular night.

I guess the shorter night cycles mean you won't have perma night at LVL3 ulti but day cycles are shorter too so that balances it out. Because day cycle is shorter you can actually cast your ultimate at day more often because day isn't as long.

You just have to play him a bit differently than before.

Frankly I am more concerned about Linken Sphere. I mean if there are 2-3 of them on a team that could really fuck over the other team if they try to initiate on one guy and he gets triple stacked by Linkens.

Dahbomb

Um doesn't the jungle changes actually encourage offensive trilanes? Since you now have less ways to deal with it.
Well it discourages defensive trilanes so its a buff to both solo offlaners and offensive trilanes. The spot where the creeps meet in the offlane is also very good for offlaners/offensive trilanes.

It's a game changer for sure. Curious to see how this will impact the game at high level.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
If you have Linkens, chances are you'll need it. If you dump it on someone else, welp, you just lost your main defense.

It's just to make Linkens a more valuable and proactive item.

Its gonna really fuck with chain disables from what I can see.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Um doesn't the jungle changes actually encourage offensive trilanes? Since you now have less ways to deal with it.

Yes but I think this plus the split xp for jungle creeps is mainly being done cause there are so few usable offlaners

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
He's buffed because your first night comes faster but not only that your ultimate limits their vision which is really nice... it actually gives your ultimate a benefit over regular night.

I guess the shorter night cycles mean you won't have perma night at LVL3 ulti but day cycles are shorter too so that balances it out. Because day cycle is shorter you can actually cast your ultimate at day more often because day isn't as long.

You just have to play him a bit differently than before.

Frankly I am more concerned about Linken Sphere. I mean if there are 2-3 of them on a team that could really fuck over the other team if they try to initiate on one guy and he gets triple stacked by Linkens.

They also took away most heroes bonus night time visions. I really dont like that they took it from Meepo and Drow. They are already vulnerable enough.

Anteo

Whoa. This seriously fucks with the way my friends and I play. We tend to run defensive tri's with one guy pulling consistently all the time.

No biggie, he needs to stack the second pull camp and pull it when the first dies. The problem dude is the shared exp of neutrals with all heroes, allied or enemies. Anyone can come and steal exp by standing close. Also the reduced exp

On Bruno's stream where they are testing stuff out they just had Broodmother use her webs to go up the outer cliffs like Bat when he uses firefly. Since the webs last longer though it seems like you would just be able to retreat up there? Wonder if you could tp out from up there also?

Demoli

I can't tell if Meepo got buffed or destroyed. His 1800 night vision is gone, which completely sucks. Being able to avoid ganks or gank people with blink at night was awesome. Getting a clone at level 4 sounds good, but with the small camp swapped to the pull camp, and the clones not even getting 30% stat sharing it makes me wonder if it's even worth sending the second clone to the jungle anymore. The early second clone and the net cast time buff should make him a bit better at getting a 1v1 kill in lane, but getting the 5th Meepo at 18 instead of 16 sucks and the random rosh timer really sucks.

It just makes it even more of a requirement to rush Scepter on him. I guess it will be standard to keep the second Meepo in lane now, right? Other than sending it to go stack the hard camp, it seems more useful to keep it in lane and help with last hits.

You got the stat part wrong, you will have clones at a 100% stat share without Aghs.

sixghost

Nope, level 1 ancients is still fine on heroes who would normally do it.

Beastmaster
Tinker

I just got my 7-minute Soul and Travels with Tinker no problem in the Test Client ancient stacking. 3 or 4 dragon camps along the way.

Heroes that were not common ancient stackers but who could do it (and now can't):

Windrunner
Medusa
Invoker

Not a real issue for them because either it had become uncommon or was just a niche approach for a lane that couldn't be farmed.

Also, regular jungling (Enig, Lycan, NP, etc.) is easier than ever before. The armor and HP nerfs to neutrals are noticeable. Whereas in the past you might have to do the small camps a couple of times because the neutrals would be hitting a bit too hard and take a little too long to kill, the armor and HP nerfs mean that after you hit level 2, you really never need to revisit the small camp again.

I did 2 runs. One with NP and one with Lycan. With NP, I had boots and midas up about 30seconds - 1 minute faster than in the past. With Lycan, I had the Vlads, Treads, and Medallion up in 12 minutes and it was the easiest 12 minutes of my life. In the past with Lycan in particular it's been a game of managing very low HP and hoping nobody notices. Now...never a problem.

Which method were you using with tinker? The one I usually do is where you carve out the little alley in the trees so you can safely auto attack the entire time. The dragons seem like they would make that impossible since they would just fly over the trees. I don't see how Tinker can tank all that damage.
You got the stat part wrong, you will have clones at a 100% stat share without Aghs.

Wait, is that true? I figured it meant 0% stat sharing without aghs and the same 100% sharing with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom