• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay so I tested out some jungling stuff. Everybody is slowed down of course, but some interesting things to note.

Didn't like Axe so much - you can't clear the medium camp in time to stack the hard camp unless you get lucky with spins, and the inability to be fully pooled a salve (or whatever) unless the support comes to back you up definitely hurts. Probably in a worse place.

Nature's Prophet isn't too bad, but you're definitely slower and can't go for a greedy Midas rush anymore (glove + 2 clarity). You definitely need to go Basilius + 2 clarity first or similar, maybe pooled some of the new tangoes. Still got a Midas by about 7:30 or 8:00 this way - definitely slower than before, but not horrible. Better spawns/micro will get it to you faster, and a strategic suicide might help as well.

Lycan - I think he's actually legit now as a jungler again. Not nearly as good as his TI2 incarnation, but I was leveling faster than Prophet, though that may have been due to spawns. He definitely will want to intentionally suicide at some point, but aside from that it's pretty good.

Not sure how other junglers stack up. Doom would be highly dependent on spawns. Enigma was already fast, but I think he comes out of the change pretty good. Chen and Enchantress probably not affected too much. Everyone else (Dark Seer, Bat, etc.) probably slowed down like Prophet or worse.

The XP change was especially noticeable when trying to glove + 2 clarity Midas rush on Prophet. Without good spawns it's simply won't work out.

The other thing about the jungle is that routes may change. More of an issue for Dire jungle, but I'm not sure if it might be better to just do the medium camps early, rather than alternate medium and hard like you would easy -> hard.

Okay so I tested out some jungling stuff. Everybody is slowed down of course, but some interesting things to note.

Didn't like Axe so much - you can't clear the medium camp in time to stack the hard camp unless you get lucky with spins, and the inability to be fully pooled a salve (or whatever) unless the support comes to back you up definitely hurts. Probably in a worse place.

Nature's Prophet isn't too bad, but you're definitely slower and can't go for a greedy Midas rush anymore (glove + 2 clarity). You definitely need to go Basilius + 2 clarity first or similar, maybe pooled some of the new tangoes. Still got a Midas by about 7:30 or 8:00 this way - definitely slower than before, but not horrible. Better spawns/micro will get it to you faster, and a strategic suicide might help as well.

Lycan - I think he's actually legit now as a jungler again. Not nearly as good as his TI2 incarnation, but I was leveling faster than Prophet, though that may have been due to spawns. He definitely will want to intentionally suicide at some point, but aside from that it's pretty good.

Not sure how other junglers stack up. Doom would be highly dependent on spawns. Enigma was already fast, but I think he comes out of the change pretty good. Chen and Enchantress probably not affected too much. Everyone else (Dark Seer, Bat, etc.) probably slowed down like Prophet or worse.

The XP change was especially noticeable when trying to glove + 2 clarity Midas rush on Prophet. Without good spawns it's simply won't work out.

The other thing about the jungle is that routes may change. More of an issue for Dire jungle, but I'm not sure if it might be better to just do the medium camps early, rather than alternate medium and hard like you would easy -> hard.

I had none of these problems. Maybe it's because of where you started.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Did you guys do it only on Radiant, or try it on both sides?

Also, I just realized something, Rubick casting Darkness actually does something not bad, it will lower the enemies sight, and it now doesn't suck as much to random it in the OMG modes.

G.ZZZ

Mmh didn't think about it, but Bat jungle is probably to unreliable now, as the camp you want to chain can all spawn a golem camp.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Most of the heroes I like got nice buffs or, at least in Naga's case, didn't get nerfed as badly as I thought she would. Night Stalker looks pretty good now, damn. Earlier first night and Darkness diminishing enemy vision makes me very happy. Offlane stuff is great too.

e: How do you guys think QoP will fare with the mana change on dagger and everything else going on with this patch?

Dahbomb

e: How do you guys think QoP will fare with the mana change on dagger and everything else going on with this patch?
Sort of hurts her early level SS spam against melee mid heroes and such but overall not a big change at all.

I had none of these problems. Maybe it's because of where you started.

It might just be finding a better route. I was practicing mostly on Dire.

And yeah Kirby, regarding tangos - they might not be able to pool you a full one anymore, but mids/offlaners will definitely be given 1-2 charges depending on their build.

The changes to regen are really going to shake things up mid. Invoker probably back, Disruptor could be extremely strong, etc.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
What does this mean exactly?:

PA with Butterfly.

Blur: 40% dodge or 60% chance to hit modifier
Butterfly: 35% dodge or 65% chance to hit modifier

First the game checks Blur: 100% * 60% = 60% chance to hit
If there isn't a dodge, then the game checks Butterfly: 60% * 65% = 39% chance to hit

Or simplified: 100% (chance to hit) * 60% (100% - Blur) * 65% (100% - Butterfly) = 39% chance to hit

G.ZZZ

What does this mean exactly?:

2 butters now give 35+ 35*0,65=57,5% evasion

Butter on Mortred now give you a fucking absurd 40% + 35*0,6=61% evasion (256% EHP against physical, compared to "just" 167%).
That mean that Butterfly actually give you MORE than the usual 52,5% EHP bonus against physical damage on heroes with evasion (on Mortred it's a 90% EHP bonus, pretty absurd). Unless the formula is different, Stacking butters is pretty much encouraged as:

1 butter = +54% EHP
2 butters = +136% EHP (58% evasion)
3 butters = +254% EHP (72% evasion)
4 butters = +449% EHP (82% evasion)

Hylian7

I just realized, is it even possible to implement the thing where if someone gets hooked/swapped on the cliff they can just walk down in Dota 1?

G.ZZZ

I just realized, is it even possible to implement the thing where if someone gets hooked/swapped on the cliff they can just walk down in Dota 1?

Easily, just give them flying movement for 5 seconds if they get hooked and pudge is in zone X-Y etc...

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Looks like Lion's Stone Infusion got a new texture, and they also added a particle effect to it.

Old:
256px-Cosmetic_icon_Stone_Infusion.png

New:
stone_hand.png

Hand of Hell's Ambassador (For Comparison, since its basically 'Stone Hand 2.0')
256px-Cosmetic_icon_Hand_of_Hell%27s_Ambassador.png

Taunts have new icons, makes the look like they are on a piece of film:
taunt.jpg

For some reason, every reference to the Nexon Sponsorship League and the Baekho courier was removed, not sure if this is just for the Test Client, or something happened to the tournament.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
nerfed pooling. Lol.

Nerfed bottle crowing. Lol.

Enigma Aghs is actually huge if you guys would read it. It basically makes blackhole the best spell in the game if it lands, cuz its gonna be that 4 second stun along with like 20% of their hp gone.
Good luck getting blink, bkb, mek plus aghs

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Most of the heroes I like got nice buffs or, at least in Naga's case, didn't get nerfed as badly as I thought she would. Night Stalker looks pretty good now, damn. Earlier first night and Darkness diminishing enemy vision makes me very happy. Offlane stuff is great too.

In normal games she will be fine but I don't think she has been doing well competitively so this will hurt her more

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
- Base attack time nerfed from 1.7 to 1.9
- Greater Bash no longer works while doomed
- Nether Strike now uses 1.2 Cast Time instead of a 1 sec magic immune delay (can be interrupted as a result)

I heard dota 2 balanced around competitive.
Valve casuals influencing icefrog

2 butters now give 35+ 35*0,65=57,5% evasion

Butter on Mortred now give you a fucking absurd 40% + 35*0,6=61% evasion (256% EHP against physical, compared to "just" 167%).
That mean that Butterfly actually give you MORE than the usual 52,5% EHP bonus against physical damage on heroes with evasion (on Mortred it's a 90% EHP bonus, pretty absurd). Unless the formula is different, Stacking butters is pretty much encouraged as:

1 butter = +54% EHP
2 butters = +136% EHP (58% evasion)
3 butters = +254% EHP (72% evasion)
4 butters = +449% EHP (82% evasion)

Hot damn! Thanks for the explanation. I hope alliance will pick PA more often now.

Anteo

Pretty sure it is, I remember when they implemented so you could not force staff people to certain cliffs, so the areas where you are "not" allowed to be are already mapped.

Triggers can check for a "a unit enters the area" or just check a radius every 0.125 secs

I need to get in a Gnarls Barkley Huskar game before this patch hits the main client.

I'm still torn on some of the main mechanic changes. Roshan - I know I won't like this when playing myself, but when watching games? I think it's interesting. It's definitely an indirect minor buff to HotD and heroes with summons/creep control since you can always have a treant or whatever scouting it out in that time period. Personally I think the Aegis being 6 minutes instead of 10 was enough, but I don't think this is necessarily bad. It's another comeback mechanic.

Overall I think the changes encourage more early aggression from supports and passivity from mids which is an interesting dynamic. Just one example being that if you get first blood on a support before the 3 minute mark, you can't upgrade the courier with that so you'll probably get boots. Early boots on support = more aggression. I definitely expect to see a lot more CM, especially with the Tranquil changes.

I have a theory dat icefraud doesn't have the final say now

Well, just a few days ago I read on GAF that he has to pull mind tricks on his lazy Valve coworkers to get some bugs fixed. This is just the first step. I have no doubt Valve is forcing him to gradually casualize the game in preparation for a Steambox exclusive rerelease of the game tailored to the new Steam Controller.

Well, just a few days ago I read on GAF that he has to pull mind tricks on his lazy Valve coworkers to get some bugs fixed. This is just the first step. I have no doubt Valve is forcing him to gradually casualize the game in preparation for a Steambox exclusive rerelease of the game tailored to the new Steam Controller.

i think later patches will be steam os exclusive

Seance

Banned
Butterfly is viable on PA now. I tested this on my stream earlier. It works like having multiple crits

So by my calculation you achieve 61% evasion on PA with Butterfly? Hmmm, not sure how big of a deal that is when the other team will always get an MKB or sheep against her anyway.

RS4-

So the Lich thing with sacrifice, HE gets xp (but it's shared if enemy is within xp range right?)

Is that how it works with the patch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom