• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kreunt

Banned
All I know is the boots heal you crazy fast. I wonder it may actually be viable to buy a pair on top of anther set of boots for any hero who is spending a large amount of time roaming. Its twice as good as ring of Heath when active, and only 100 gold more, but they break oh so easily.

Yeah I was thinking about doing this aswell.

Sibylus

Banned
2-4-23, xiao8 played a masterful Slardar, gave his team all the time and setup they needed.

Random Roshan spawn after 8 minutes seems like a real winner of this patch so far. Constant tension as the teams dance around the pit.

G.ZZZ

Just to show something, winrates in pubs change:

Notable ones:

Huskar 51.5%--> 45.93%

Omni 52.66%->54.61%

Death Prophet 52.41%->58.41%

Lich 54.59% -> 57.04%

Spirit Breaker 56.09% -> 48.44%

ET 56.06% -> 51.48%

WL 58.52% -> 55.55%

Abaddon is unchanged

Treant 55.89% -> 53.58%

Nyx 53.15% -> 45.23% LOL

Omni 52.21% -> 54.61%

Veno 51.75% -> 56.40%

BS 50.89% -> 52.21%

Leoric 50.68% -> 55.80%

Lycan 50.66% -> 54.87%

Naix 49.93% -> 47.76%

Slar 49.92% -> 52.37%

WD 49.83% -> 51.32%

Ogre 49.72% ->52.40%

Disr 49.59% -> 52.10%

SS 48.83%-> 53.31%

Bala 48.48% ->50.80%

Troll 48.35%-> 45.35%

BB 47.96%-> 52.30%

Naga 47.56%->45.49%

Bat 45.74% -> 43.41%

Meepo 43.43% -> 46.58%

Invoker 42.80% -> 45.05%

Clinkz 42.51-> 45.09%

AM 41.07%-> 40.28%

Morph 40.63% -> 41.09%

Brood 40.04% -> 43.06%

Wisp 43.32% -> 38.98% worst winrate in pubs

G.ZZZ

Holy shit that counter gank on PA.

PA is so ugly now holy

EDIT: every portrait in this game is facing right with only veno looking at the left, i can't stop laughing now that i've noticed it ahahah

Dahbomb

Surprised at how much nyx fell, wonder how much of a rebound he shook get.
People in pubs are losing games because of misses Impale. Even pros are missing the stun. I love it.

Huskar got owned hard in the patch and Wisp is pretty shit in pubs (he kinda always was now moreso).

Surprised to see Skeleton King so high, he's still a bottom 5 hero.

has milk found new broken heroes yet? i need to know who to play.
Broodmother is obviously broke, I don't care what anyone says. Thankfully she isn't in CM.

I think Blink on Pudge is a bit OP now. Mostly because 5 seconds pathing isn't enough, you can like Dismember someone then Euls or Rod of Atos them which would cause them to be stuck in terrain. This will be fixed in the future.

Toss up on Slark. Lich is legit as an offlaner now actually pretty much every offlaner got a big buff. Brewmaster is sick. Veno, Lion and Disruptor are good. Elder Titan and Troll still top heroes. Heroes who used to make Armlet and Shadow Blade got nerfed (the Regen instead of instant health on Armlet is a substantial nerf, I died twice trying to toggle using old timing but that will not work the same).

I told everyone that new Tranquils will be godly on supports especially roaming ones and they are. Not broke but still insanely good. IMO the speed of broken Tranqs should be slightly lower but other than that they are fine.

Dahbomb

I think new meta might switch to aggressive tri lanes versus safe lane solo or dual lanes with a legitimate jungler plus offlane. Trying to stack small camps for two supports is shit and even then the offlaner can just stand there and leech experience. Teams need their supports to be roaming and participating in kills rather than just getting EXP from pulls, they will fall back too much if they use old strats.

I am really curious to see what teams do now. I feel like today's matches were not indicative of what the patch had to offer so we will see some good shit in the following days.

Dahbomb

I'm inclined to believe that Venomancer is completely imbalanced now. The poison sting wards are just absurd. Slows for days, there's no escaping.
Veno is really good now. Not only just his ward but his Gale at 4th level does a crap ton of damage. If he goes mid and goes for a max Gale build he can wreck the mid easily and secure some kills. Then he can max wards to push towers very effectively. His jungling is really good now too.

Too bad no one would use him mid. He's not imbalanced though because late game is still shit and is countered hard by BKB but his early game is really good now.

Also this new patch is probably the final nail in the coffin for the old school Chinese DOTA playstyle.

Lotto

Even though they seem to be losing right now, Disruptor and Windrunner are really fun to watch.

Edit: damn this is great.

G.ZZZ

People in pubs are losing games because of misses Impale. Even pros are missing the stun. I love it.

Huskar got owned hard in the patch and Wisp is pretty shit in pubs (he kinda always was now moreso).

Broodmother is obviously broke, I don't care what anyone says. Thankfully she isn't in CM.

I think Blink on Pudge is a bit OP now. Mostly because 5 seconds pathing isn't enough, you can like Dismember someone then Euls or Rod of Atos them which would cause them to be stuck in terrain. This will be fixed in the future.

Toss up on Slark. Lich is legit as an offlaner now actually pretty much every offlaner got a big buff. Brewmaster is sick. Veno, Lion and Disruptor are good. Elder Titan and Troll still top heroes. Heroes who used to make Armlet and Shadow Blade got nerfed (the Regen instead of instant health on Armlet is a substantial nerf, I died twice trying to toggle using old timing but that will not work the same).

I told everyone that new Tranquils will be godly on supports especially roaming ones and they are. Not broke but still insanely good. IMO the speed of broken Tranqs should be slightly lower but other than that they are fine.

Titan's more of a support role now, mid ET was nerfed a lot. Lich is broken, veno is decent but need a lot of levels still and i'm not sure where you'd get those. Disruptor is a legit support now. Troll still good yeah, Bat still good, Armlet was hugely nerfed (mostly Naix). Brood could be good now, but i don't see her as anywhere near broken, she's more obnoxious in lane, but outside of laning, it's still a 4vs5 hero.

Tranquils are so good now man. My CM 100% win rate with them

One hero pick completely hard countering two of the most commonly picked heroes in the current metagame.

And it's due to shit he always had in 6.78 not 6.79.

Hahaha

Pkaz01

i think it was a bad draft in general for DK their heroes did not sync well. On top of that they had bad positioning and made silly mistakes. (Mushi was 0-3 in like 10 minutes) They came back from the hole they dug themselves in but Luna > Weaver imo.

Dahbomb

Titan's more of a support role now, mid ET was nerfed a lot. Lich is broken, veno is decent but need a lot of levels still and i'm not sure where you'd get those. Disruptor is a legit support now. Troll still good yeah, Bat still good, Armlet was hugely nerfed (mostly Naix). Brood could be good now, but i don't see her as anywhere near broken, she's more obnoxious in lane, but outside of laning, it's still a 4vs5 hero.

The problem with BM is that she is now insanely hard to kill and a hero who you can't consistently kill is bound to be a problem. Even if you have vision she can escape. I am almost certain she will be getting additional changes in the future.

Without going into it too much, I'm not sure Jugg's buff (mainly the ult) was warranted. At least not by so much. Already one of the best ults in the game. Maybe needed to see pro play again, but IDK. Would feel better if the CD was 90 seconds rather than 70. Having it up for every fight is really strong.

Pkaz01

mushi shadow shaman mid? i like this patch already

I think veno has lost every game i've seen it in, should have went with kotl for the anti push.

n0b

I haven't had a chance to mess with him as a support. The removal of mortal strike right after making him more viable as a support made no sense though, it was a great support spell. He still has the shortest cooldown reliable stun in the game, and 30% lifesteal is huge for carries. His ult is maybe a bit stupid with how big the cooldown is, but dying in the middle of a fight causes a huge hit to as/ms and refreshes his mana to spam stuns again.

Sniper, Tusk, and Bristle are the weakest in my mind. Sniper and Bristle need too many items to get going, even though they can start getting scary once they do, and Tusk scales really badly.

One hero pick completely hard countering two of the most commonly picked heroes in the current metagame.

And it's due to shit he always had in 6.78 not 6.79.

Hahaha

It was also obvious that the uncapped movement was rarely a factor, but buffs are nice to make people pay attention to heroes they would usually ignore.

Shengar

Meepo 43.43% -> 46.58%

dfCo3pR.png

How is this even possible?!

Hylian7

I'm not so sure about ET. That seems more like a slap on the wrist nerf to me. That hero can still pretty much go anywhere, as Natural Order is ridiculous! He lost 40 damage on his Ancestral Spirit. Boo hoo, he can still wreck lanes. It was a necessary nerf though.

I said this before, but the new Tranquils are amazing Lone Druid boots. You just get those up on Sylla early game and keeping your health up is easy. Make the bear do all the work for you. Since they are a constant regen and not an active ability that falls off late game, you can even keep them until you eventually replace them with BoTs. I've played two Lone Druid games with the new Tranqs and loved them!

Also holy shit at the buyback nerf. I read about it and knew it would be big, but it just hit me in a match earlier how huge it really was. The enemy Bloodseeker and Troll Warlord both bought back really late game, and died shortly after. Their respawn times were 120 seconds!

Uriah

I like the changes even though I lost most of my matches today. I'm glad that pushing and buyback got nerfed. Games a lot more fun when your fighting. Unfortunately I played with people who would rather farm for 30 minutes and it cost us some games.

Shengar

Also holy shit at the buyback nerf. I read about it and knew it would be big, but it just hit me in a match earlier how huge it really was. The enemy Bloodseeker and Troll Warlord both bought back really late game, and died shortly after. Their respawn times were 120 seconds!

The game pretty much punish anyone who recklessly used buyback. Good changes really, as now everyone who have spare money (LOL Prophet) must think twice before they buyback.

Well the thing is you can't buyback to farm. So there's no point in using it anymore unless you're going right into a fight (or gaining/retaining some key objective if your BB prevents a fight). Prophet and AM are the high profile heroes it punishes, but it also hurts any other heroes would make up a lot of the gold lost from sheer flash farm speed if they got picked off. Not to mention the extended timer on your next death.

Nymerio

I've been practising Meepo with bots lately and found out that I really like playing him. I can beat normal and hard bots and I've been trying to play with normal bots against hard bots. The biggest problem I have is that I can't properly farm in lane when playing with bots. The bots usually try to steal every last hit from me so it's a chore to get to level 6 and to get proper items up. After I get to jungle it goes pretty well though. Hitting nets is actually harder than I thought it would be. I can poof the other meepos in relatively fast but I'm having trouble getting multiple nets out in way that does not completely suck.

Couldn't play yesterday but I'm looking forward to try again today, getting the second Meepo at 4 should help I think.

I'd welcome any hints on how to properly play meepo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom