• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.D

I've been practising Meepo with bots lately and found out that I really like playing him. I can beat normal and hard bots and I've been trying to play with normal bots against hard bots. The biggest problem I have is that I can't properly farm in lane when playing with bots. The bots usually try to steal every last hit from me so it's a chore to get to level 6 and to get proper items up. After I get to jungle it goes pretty well though. Hitting nets is actually harder than I thought it would be. I can poof the other meepos in relatively fast but I'm having trouble getting multiple nets out in way that does not completely suck.

Couldn't play yesterday but I'm looking forward to try again today, getting the second Meepo at 4 should help I think.

I'd welcome any hints on how to properly play meepo.

Doing the same, but I'm setting up a lobby without bots and just practice last hitting, microing the other Meepo('s?) in the jungle and lanes and blink-poof

I'm trying to figure out if its better to have every Meepo under your control as well as having them in control groups together.

Nymerio

Doing the same, but I'm setting up a lobby without bots and just practice last hitting, microing the other Meepo('s?) in the jungle and lanes and blink-poof

I'm trying to figure out if its better to have every Meepo under your control as well as having them in control groups together.

I should try to micro one meepo to stack camps. I'm lazy though, so once I get to level 6 I use both meepos to just poof away all the camps and only stack if I get to a camp just in time to stack.

M.D

I should try to micro one meepo to stack camps. I'm lazy though, so once I get to level 6 I use both meepos to just poof away all the camps and only stack if I get to a camp just in time to stack.

Its easy and will give you more exp, you should really try it.
Just kill (or stack if you get to level 4 in the right time) the easy camp with you your second Meepo, then use him to stack how many times you like the other camps and poof there with your other Meepo, since the other Meepo can't solo them.

Its really not that hard, just set your second Meepo near the camps you want to stack, put your main Meepo in a safe spot when its time, and stack.

It saves time and gives you more exp and gold, which is exactly what you need

G.ZZZ

Sry Rael dragged you down two games :(

If we'll make a team together for the noob tournament i'll carry our flag to victory

New Tranquils are kind of silly. Move speed should be slower when broken. It's really hard to chase down and kill fleeing supports when they're FASTER THAN YOU.

New Tranquils are kind of silly. Move speed should be slower when broken. It's really hard to chase down and kill fleeing supports when they're FASTER THAN YOU.

The boots are just the icing on the Lich Buff Bonanza Cake.

He's the best support. Out levels everyone, his nuke is fantastic, he always has mana, his movespeed is fantastic, he gets more passive hold now, etc, etc.

This was the update for supports, and Lich made out like a bandit with buffs. He was already a decent hero, this just shot him up to best tier

Boken

Banned
G.ZZZ is a false noob dont let him join tourney

he is intentionally throwing games with gaffers so dissuade you of this fact

dont beleive his lies

Anteo

I've played like 350 hours, am I considered a "noob"?
(Serious question)

Short Answer: Yes.

Long Answer: Yes sir.

It does depend on your performance on games and how much you can exploit the little things.

Edit:

Just to show something, winrates in pubs change:

Notable ones:

Nyx 53.15% -> 45.23% LOL

My fault. I need to practice a little to go back to regular levels. I totally failed at Nyx last night

NBtoaster

I really like the change to Ogre in the patch. Ignite was close to the worst spell in the game in 6.77, they buffed it a bit in 6.78, and with 6.79 you can cover an entire battlefield in it, thats 400 total damage and 26% slow to everyone.

I don't know if it's just adjustment period or what but it feels like there's a lot more bullshit to deal with in 6.79 than there were in 6.78. 20% winrate on new patch so far :/

Some heroes that were okay feel woefully underpowered compared to the new buffed ones and suffer from the mechanics changes as well.

Boken

Banned
I want a Hearthstone key just so I can say I have one and then not do anything with it.

Are Phase core on new Brood?

why wouldnt you just sell it

apparently tranq's are op, why wouldnt you buy those

hey WAIT a minute!
these boots are basically mobility boots from league of legends

ICE FROG you
you scallywag

just another thing dota has stolen from league of legends

Haunted

I'm a pretty bad player, but even I can see that some of these Nexon Sponsorship League games are closer to Purge casts a pub than Navi vs Alliance. >_>

G.ZZZ

Brood is still bretty bad guys, don't think she's OP. Bloodseeker idem. DP seems really OP however, in the sense that she's really easy to use and can be extremely effective, Eul and Bloodstone were buffed too. Bristle still amazing as ever.

Got carried by a russian today's reverse day.

TomPUH

Having a ultimate range buff on Witch Doctor with this patch is most welcome. No one usually expects a lonely support witch doctor to go around with a shadow blade and channel Death Ward while invisible. Now it's even more effective.

Morzak

Nobody super OP so far honestly. We'll see how things turn out but balance wise, this patch's looking good. Batrider is probably still very viable but that remains to be seen.

I'd assume that even with the lasso range nerf, he will still be a viable Pick on the offlane/jungle, I'm not so sure if he still will be a good mid pick, the Base damage really got the hammer, Sticky Napalm will still be annoying for most opponents but I think he wont be as dominating. It's a good nerf in my opinion, he was to versatile when it comes to laning, for his contribution after the laning stage.

Oh and I'm just smiling about the Huskar changes :) .

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Brood is still bretty bad guys, don't think she's OP. Bloodseeker idem. DP seems really OP however, in the sense that she's really easy to use and can be extremely effective, Eul and Bloodstone were buffed too. Bristle still amazing as ever.

Got carried by a russian today's reverse day.

I need to play against her more and as her a bit, but the main problem with Brood based on our game yesterday with moderately skilled players was that even more then before she completely shuts down whatever lane she dedicates to. I mean, thats always kind of been her thing but in the past you could grab some dust or some sentries, head up there as a team, kill her and take the next tower while she was down. In our game last night she was nigh-unkillable because all she has to do is manage to make it like 400 units to the treeline before you manage to kill her and unless you've got AoE tree destruction there's literally no way to see her.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

Seem balanced to me, just because they are supports doesn't mean they should simply be food after 15 minutes.

I really like the change to Ogre in the patch. Ignite was close to the worst spell in the game in 6.77, they buffed it a bit in 6.78, and with 6.79 you can cover an entire battlefield in it, thats 400 total damage and 26% slow to everyone.

Yeah, nice to see it buffed, it was usually the last spell to max since the slow was still pretty good at level 1.

hey WAIT a minute!
these boots are basically mobility boots from league of legends

ICE FROG you
you scallywag

just another thing dota has stolen from league of legends
But these are good.

While it was like over two years ago since I really played, people used to get mocked for picking Boots of Mobility, and I don't recall seeing them picked up whenever I pop my head back in

Seem balanced to me, just because they are supports doesn't mean they should simply be food after 15 minutes.

I disagree. The broken boots should at least be on par with the other boots, if not slower. That they're 10 MS faster even when broken and 35 MS faster when unbroken is kind of crazy. If their base MS is at all faster than you, you'll never catch someone with Tranquils unless you have BoTs. Even Phase can't keep up for long.

Might regard it differently later when I've played with/against it more. Still a bit rattled after losing most games the new patch.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Axe should get a spookie halloween set. New axe is fun, dunking in a whole team feels good.

Please post match ID where you dunked whole team please. I tried Axe and the damage threshold was so low I was whiffing the ult nonstop. By the time I got them down low enough to ult on them I might as well have just taken another swing at them instead and saved the mana. :(

G.ZZZ

I disagree. The broken boots should at least be on par with the other boots, if not slower. That they're 10 MS faster even when broken and 35 MS faster when unbroken is kind of crazy. If their base MS is at all faster than you, you'll never catch someone with Tranquils unless you have BoTs. Even Phase can't keep up for long.

Might regard it differently later when I've played with/against it more. Still a bit rattled after losing most games the new patch.

You need to get carried more! Tranquils are fine, you're trading all your aggressiveness for it, and not many heroes can get them. Mid game most carries and gankers will get insane movement speed anyway compared to most supports.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom