• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.

eznark

Banned
Anyone else basically losing mouse control when alt+tabbing away from Dota? My mouse gets super, super slow when on the desktop if alt+tabbed with Dota open. Just started happening last night.

Boken

Banned
I dunno, man. I've never had the patience for breeding stuff. I always liked sims more even dating back to NetBattle.
destiny knot makes it pretty ez - u can get your own perfect IV after 3 generations using it

perfect frog + shitty frog/ditto -> find baby with 2/3 perfect IVs
perfect frog + 3 perfect IV frog -> find baby with 4/5 perfect IVs
etc
They did try to sell hero, in a way that was the last compendium objective.
Only 600.000$ and you can select the next hero we ship ! ( sometime.. when we feel like it )

totally worked.
valve should sell heroes too

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
You need to be in the lobby before the game starts and select a spectator slot.
You can also just spectate a player playing, Normally the games are set to a 10 second delay.

Now, someone explain magnetic fields to me. What is this right hand rule thing, how do I do vector cross product multiplication again?

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
So uhm

the problem with new Brood is not that she can cliffwalk funnily enough

Its that her webs no longer destroy trees, which are much more common

meaning that she's essentially untouchable because she just walks into the trees and you can't follow

even vision doesn't help because the trees are filled with permanent fog even if you have a ward right next to them

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
So uhm

the problem with new Brood is not that she can cliffwalk funnily enough

Its that her webs no longer destroy trees, which are much more common

meaning that she's essentially untouchable because she just walks into the trees and you can't follow

even vision doesn't help because the trees are filled with permanent fog even if you have a ward right next to them
clearly the solution is to pick timber saw. But yeah, sounds like you will need tree destroying spells to get her.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
clearly the solution is to pick timber saw.

I think you need to. Timber, Bat, Prophet, someone with tree destruction.

See, thinking about it the problem isn't even the free movement, its the lack of vision. Not only can't we follow but we can't send in nukes or attacks either because there's literally no way to see in. It just naturally dodges every form of vision because you can't even see in the first place

I think you need to. Timber, Bat, Prophet, someone with tree destruction.

See, thinking about it the problem isn't even the free movement, its the lack of vision. Not only can't we follow but we can't send in nukes or attacks either because there's literally no way to see in. It just naturally dodges every form of vision because you can't even see in the first place

Console yourself by feasting on the vast bounty her children provide.

I'm tempted to yell DRIVE BY whenever E-Blade/Dagon Riki kills someone.

I was gonna yell WORLD STAR but that seems more like a manfight between two supports

Hylian7

Good god the Tranquils nerf really hurts Meepo. I think it may be worth bring Mek or Vlads into the picture now. I'd have to experiment with this in a test game or something.

Well I was playing Spectre on the same team as Brood that game, but Spectre would be pretty decent vs. her since you can just dagger and chase wherever. No stun or anything to cancel TPs though.

Razzer

Milk really has no shame lol. Broodmother pick right off the bat.

Edit: I've played a game vs BM already and my lina worked alright. Two spells that destroy her spiders, and if I just pop all of my combo and have one other stun I could burst her down the minute she showed her face. We still lost because our riki didn't know how to farm but oh well.

Randdalf

Part of me wonders if the reason the patch isn't out on the original game yet is because it has a new hero, and Valve are releasing that new hero as part of Diretide with Legion Commander. The other part of me says that's baseless speculation.

Boken

Banned
Milk really has no shame lol. Broodmother pick right off the bat.

Edit: I've played a game vs BM already and my lina worked alright. Two spells that destroy her spiders, and if I just pop all of my combo and have one other stun I could burst her down the minute she showed her face. We still lost because our riki didn't know how to farm but oh well.

milk just reppin da boken waifu

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
You know what really bugs me? Magnus' ult. He's a big melee rhino guy, why does he have one ability where he magically controls the "properties of matter"?
Here is my physics book's insight into this

legend ascribes the name magnetite to the shepherd Magnus, the nails of whose shoes and the tip of whose staff stuck fast to chunks of magnetite while he pastured his flocks.

What I get from this is he has magic shoes.

Sibylus

Banned
Two games after the new patch, first as Troll Warlord. The nerfs are definitely sizable, but with a good start you're going to smoke people 99.99% as hard as you tended to before the patch.

Second game was on Lion. Put my first point into Hex (now a lovely 2.5 seconds on level one), then maxed Earth Spike and Mana Drain. For the first time that build works without feeling like I'm cutting my kneecaps off, it's really potent and I could see the hero seeing a ton of play in time.

The support feedback loop feels really solid. One early game kill in my pocket, and I bought continual obs wards, courier wings, counter-wards for the pull (successfully lured and killed enemy heroes to it), boots... and I didn't feel the slightest bit poor. The return on investment on support shit has never been as high as it is now.

Spiders hide in trees, I see nothing wrong with this.
Also doesn't hurt that she was one of the worst heroes in the game before the rework #whatcouldpossiblygowrong

sixghost

Good god the Tranquils nerf really hurts Meepo. I think it may be worth bring Mek or Vlads into the picture now. I'd have to experiment with this in a test game or something.

I think the 0% stat sharing and 5th meepo at 18 mean he needs Scepter even faster now. If it wasn't a requirement to go scepter after boots/poor mans before, it is now. Powertreads are useless before scepter now.

Hylian7

I think the 0% stat sharing and 5th meepo at 18 mean he needs Scepter even faster now. If it wasn't a requirement to go scepter after boots/poor mans before, it is now. Powertreads are useless before scepter now.

I was under the impression that there was 100% stat sharing without Agha now. I swear I read that somewhere, but I guess the "removed 30%" means that it's 0%.

Still though, I'm not sure what to do about the Tranqs nerf. This really hurts the hero.

sephi22

You know what really bugs me? Magnus' ult. He's a big melee rhino guy, why does he have one ability where he magically controls the "properties of matter"?
Speaking of which, someone needs to mod Magneto skin for Magnus.
You can give him a long cape so that his hitbox is as big as Magnus'. Make him float in the air like Lina. Don't even have to change the name of the hero.

Shockwave = Magneto slams his fist into the ground.
Skewer = Magneto puts his arm forward and charges at the enemy, dragging him away
Empower = Whatever.
Reverse Polarity = Gravity Squeeze. Give him a cast animation similar to Marvel 3

That's it. Change his lines to Magnus's MvC3 lines. Done. Greatest mod.

Karakand

The magnoceri are a proud and noble people with more than enough intelligence to unlock the secrets of geomancy, how dare you sir.

Dahbomb

Speaking of which, someone needs to mod Magneto skin for Magnus.
You can give him a long cape so that his hitbox is as big as Magnus'. Make him float in the air like Lina. Don't even have to change the name of the hero.

Shockwave = Magneto slams his fist into the ground.
Skewer = Magneto puts his arm forward and charges at the enemy, dragging him away
Empower = Whatever.
Reverse Polarity = Gravity Squeeze. Give him a cast animation similar to Marvel 3

That's it. Change his lines to Magnus's MvC3 lines. Done. Greatest mod.

Get outta ma head Charles!!!!

snack

Do y'all think Slark will be used more in pro matches after his changes in 6.79? I understand that he is taken out of CM for the time being though.

Sibylus

Banned
Do y'all think Slark will be used more in pro matches after his changes in 6.79? I understand that he is taken out of CM for the time being though.
Absolutely. The competitive scene is completely on top of sentry warding to begin with, but that didn't stop them from playing Slark before the buff.

ElyrionX

Any views on using the new Tranquils on Puck? Seems like he does enough roaming and ganking to make it worth it. Plus his health pool is so low late into the game that the regen would probably be relevant throughout.

Dahbomb

Slark is a toss up. Its basically a 4 second semi invulnerability but after that you are vulnerable as hell. People won't bother trying to get detection against him but instead save up for that Ghost Scepter. The CD is really long on it which is what makes him really vulnerable.

This new change makes Slark worse in pubs (where people don't get gems/sentries) but better in high level games where they have detection and then immediately disable you. At least now for 4 seconds you are god.

Hylian7

Any views on using the new Tranquils on Puck? Seems like he does enough roaming and ganking to make it worth it. Plus his health pool is so low late into the game that the regen would probably be relevant throughout.

I would say no. You can get along just fine without them and if you have the treads you have more AS leading to more successful kills.

Vaporak

I was under the impression that there was 100% stat sharing without Agha now. I swear I read that somewhere, but I guess the "removed 30%" means that it's 0%.

Still though, I'm not sure what to do about the Tranqs nerf. This really hurts the hero.

I think the way to go now is to get your second meepo to roam with the supports now, and stack a big camp in between jumps.

Razzer

Slark is a toss up. Its basically a 4 second semi invulnerability but after that you are vulnerable as hell. People won't bother trying to get detection against him but instead save up for that Ghost Scepter. The CD is really long on it which is what makes him really vulnerable.

This new change makes Slark worse in pubs (where people don't get gems/sentries) but better in high level games where they have detection and then immediately disable you. At least now for 4 seconds you are god.

Luckily he is already a god tier pub hero. And now you can tower dive like a crazy man when you hit six. I also thing his teamfight potential is raised late game now as the ult can act like a mini satanic from the guaranteed regen. Pop it after the fight has been going a while rather than straight away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom