• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.

GorillaJu

I have a 100% win rate solo queue in low priority. 660 gpm long lane krob against Russia's best Drow/BS/Omni tri-lane. One game was all I needed to prove I'm the best.

Shadow Fiend: "wow death prophet intereseting play press r win doto"

I highly doubt any of you can beat that.

Boken

Banned
I have a 100% win rate solo queue in low priority. 660 gpm long lane krob against Russia's best Drow/BS/Omni tri-lane. One game was all I needed to prove I'm the best.

Shadow Fiend: "wow death prophet intereseting play press r win doto"

I highly doubt any of you can beat that.

look at all the skill in this game

The new creep equilibrium and inability to control it as well as before is really frustrating when playing as a safe lane farmer. Perhaps too much of a nerf. I guess it encourages just killing fools since straight farming really isn't nearly as safe or effective until the tower is down at least. Probably hurts Dire more in this case since you're much more open to flanking and the pull isn't nearly as good. Will have to see how it ends up shaking out, but turtle/farm/split-push strats don't feel nearly as viable and heroes that take a long time to ramp up (e.g. Spectre, Anti-Mage) are punished. Especially with the increase to passive gold scaling supports quicker. Aggressive, more mid-game focused carries like Juggernaut and Luna will probably become the standard. Particularly Luna - she wasn't bad before, but got some good buffs and the state of the game should favor her, particularly with a flash farm ability that doesn't require you to sink gold into an item.

Just some current thoughts.

shira

Being second to EternaLEnVy is being second to God Himself.

iRCNllmh57FYd.gif

20/20 With Sam(bulbsa)
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=432577#two

New and improved Venomancer is a BEAST.

All his skills are so good now it was actually hard to choose what to level as I balled out of control.

I'd fully expect to see this guy show up in competitive games, because the wards having the slow/dot from sting makes them borderline impossible to attack into in the midgame, and they function as an even better way to zone out blinking initiators since getting hit by a ward once now disables your blink for years.

New and improved Venomancer is a BEAST.

All his skills are so good now it was actually hard to choose what to level as I balled out of control.

I'd fully expect to see this guy show up in competitive games, because the wards having the slow/dot from sting makes them borderline impossible to attack into in the midgame, and they function as an even better way to zone out blinking initiators since getting hit by a ward once now disables your blink for years.

Yeah, he's been showing up in 6.79 competitive games.

He's also been getting stomped into the dirt.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Well Brood certainly is fucking busted now isn't she... Jesus. I can see the whole moving thru trees and over cliffs and stuff but being able to just go hide off the edges of the map? That might be a little too far.

Dahbomb

Nah even at 1/1/1 he is a major annoyance. After that you max wards, then gale and he becomes even more of an annoyance. Or you can go 144 for maximum ward harass.

Venos two problems still remain in that he is squishy and he is useless late game when people start getting tankier with Regen, mek, pipes and BKBs. But in early game he is beastly especially with those new Tranquil boots.

And yea safe lane tri lane farm is really bad now. Supports have to share among that small camp which means lower levels and more vulnerable farmer. Other teams on the other are better off with creeps closer to their tower and they can leech some exp. I pretty much dominated games where I was the solo offlane, things are so good for those types of heroes.

Basically at low level pub games I can't even recommend safe lane tri, much better to pick aggressive tri lane. At high level though people can use other camps to stack and pull while also roam more which is really what Icefrog wants you to do, be aggressive.

bounchfx

KvH plays about half of his games solo from what ive seen (up until very recently), 67% win in 2400 games.
Back in early beta rycho solo queued almost exclusively and sat at around 62% win.

Interesting. And yet, the fact that we have to rack our brains to come up with a couple of names really speaks to the larger reality, I think.

It's very, very, very hard to win more than your fair share solo pubbing. Language barriers, play skill levels, people experimenting with new heroes (or trying to get good with heroes they've never been good with), people fighting over roles, people trolling, etc. etc. etc.

so many factors.

shira

bounchfx

Well worth it. Those animations are top-notch.

Thanks a ton dude. They're actually improved since that video too. We updated the flying run to have more life, and I updated the texture on the stein to be less flat. I'm just so excited to have it done.

@ Pureauthor - raccoon, aha! .. almost! :) More sets will be coming, for sure. Lots of stuff planned!

oh damn that showed up here mad fast haha! Thanks Shira! I actually finished this back in APRIL. Animations had to go on stand by for a bit unfortunately but I'm stoked it's finally done. Just got the 'real' marketing image uploaded, here it is:

637x358.resizedimage

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=188245962
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TZVFZYcCiI

hope you guys dig it, it's been a loooooong time comin

Link didn't work for me. This one does.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=188245962

JustinBB7

What is the hard cap with everything and full buff on BS? I got up to I think 768 at one point in a match.

There isn't any cap. People went 6 movement speed items on him and spawn meepo's on the other team all on low health and I've seen him having at least 1100 movespeed, if not more. Maybe even forgot a 0 there.. that was with just testing him out in test client though, in a real match it would be rare unless meepo is on the other team with all 5 of them low health.

Yeah after playing it, safe lane tri with a farmer and two supports is in the gutter. If you're gonna trilane now, you either go aggressive and chase kills or have a jungler that can roam in and help. Enigma in particular is very good, and Naga was only wrist-slapped so if you got those two you're golden. If you don't go aggressive or have a jungler, 2-1-2 is probably the option you want to take unless you're doing ES fissure pull shenanigans or Lich.

Still not sure who the best mid heroes are this patch. Traditionally strong mids are still good, but the changes open it up a bit more.

Right now my dream team lineup would be something like Luna + Naga (maybe VS, CM or Veno here instead) safe, Enigma jungle, TA mid (refract mitigates need for regen some + traps for Rosh) and pretty much anything for offlane. Elder Titan should still be good there, Bounty Hunter, Clock, etc. ET probably better there than before since if they pull, it's much easier to snipe the easy camp creeps with your spirit.

Also, kind if rethinking initial ward placements. You still want one on a rune position, but blocking the easy pull camp probably isn't worth it. Best is probably a defensive ward for your safe lane or a hill ward for mid. Hill ward probably better since mid can snowball much harder now if you crush someone early.

Hylian7

Interesting. And yet, the fact that we have to rack our brains to come up with a couple of names really speaks to the larger reality, I think.

It's very, very, very hard to win more than your fair share solo pubbing. Language barriers, play skill levels, people experimenting with new heroes (or trying to get good with heroes they've never been good with), people fighting over roles, people trolling, etc. etc. etc.

so many factors.

This.

Another thing people forget is that this is a team game, so it makes your overall winrate mean a little less because you are only in charge of you. It's a little incorrect to assume that someone with a winrate below 50% is automatically a bad player. I see people do this in a lot of places (not here necessarily).

I'm sitting at 49.67% winrate right now according to Dotabuff. Some people will sit there and tell me I'm a bad player and I know that is bullshit, as I'm not a bad player. I consider myself to be pretty good. I'm not Dendi or some shit, but definitely not a bad player.

ViviOggi

oh damn that showed up here mad fast haha! Thanks Shira! I actually finished this back in APRIL. Animations had to go on stand by for a bit unfortunately but I'm stoked it's finally done. Just got the 'real' marketing image uploaded, here it is:

637x358.resizedimage

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=188245962&searchtext=snaggletooth

edit: edited, thanks dreams!

It's too kawaii
chansub-global-emoticon-f6c13c7fc0a5c93d-36x30.png

Aselith

There isn't any cap. People went 6 movement speed items on him and spawn meepo's on the other team all on low health and I've seen him having at least 1100 movespeed, if not more. Maybe even forgot a 0 there.. that was with just testing him out in test client though, in a real match it would be rare unless meepo is on the other team with all 5 of them low health.

There is a cap in terms of how much of a buff you can get. There's only a certain number of heroes possible and 6 item slots. It may not be artificially capped but a cap exists simply by virtue of limited slots.

Vaporak

Played a couple matches now( one during the recent GAF IH, and one pub game) with the new Tranquils on Meepo and I really like the change from a gameplay perspective. It encourages roaming and fighting instead of farming so it's pretty fun to play and requires more attention and concentration. Dono if he's weaker or stronger.

Daedalux

Neo Member

637x358.resizedimage

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=188245962&searchtext=snaggletooth

edit: edited, thanks dreams!

Insta-buy!

Great work bounchfx! Kudos!

Hylian7

Played a couple matches now( one during the recent GAF IH, and one pub game) with the new Tranquils on Meepo and I really like the change from a gameplay perspective. It encourages roaming and fighting instead of farming so it's pretty fun to play and requires more attention and concentration. Dono if he's weaker or stronger.

How quickly could you get your Aghanim's Scepter up in though? I feel like you really need it by at least 20 minutes.

Nymerio

Played a game yesterday where our dire top lane was cut by an Axe and Bane. Me and my friend where playing Troll Warlord and Leshrac. How do you deal with this? We couldn't really do a lot. Axe had two stout shields so our right clicks weren't really cutting it. We did manage to drive them back once and get to our tower but they just came back and cut the lane again.

Lotto

RIP DK. Looks like they're having trouble adapting to 6.79. Just lost their first WPC-Ace match against TongFu
Pugna, NP, Disruptor, Luna, ES push strat no less

shira

Played a game yesterday where our dire top lane was cut by an Axe and Bane. Me and my friend where playing Troll Warlord and Leshrac. How do you deal with this? We couldn't really do a lot. Axe had two stout shields so our right clicks weren't really cutting it. We did manage to drive them back once and get to our tower but they just came back and cut the lane again.

decide quickly to form a trilane top
- last hit under the tower or draw to dire camps
- pick either bane or axe and land your nukes

abandon T1 tower
- form trilane bottom/2nd mid or jungle

F!ReW!Re

So seeing as we saw S4 going quas/wex invoker yesterday and destroying NS mid. Has anyone given invoker a try yet? Is the secondary spell at the first invoke level that big of a difference?
Does the Mana transfer on EMP make quas/wex viable now? Early game damage is still really horrible, you still kind of really need the blades of attack as a starting item when going quas/wex and you'll still have problems last hitting.

I used to build tranqs on him then rush midas (copied that from duesy), but I don't think tranqs is still viable on him(on a quas/exort build). I'll give the old phase boots a try tonight.

Nymerio

decide quickly to form a trilane top
- last hit under the tower or draw to dire camps
- pick either bane or axe and land your nukes

abandon T1 tower
- form trilane bottom/2nd mid or jungle

Sounds good, but the only thing we got from our medusa on bot lane was: "wtf top tower", "noobs". They took 2 towers before someone came up top to help. We managed to turn it around from that though.

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
Hey guys, I haven't been keeping up with the pro scene this month. How has this new DK team been holding up? Wins/loss numbers?

yarden24

Hi dota gaf!

Ive got a question about tiny first thing, was craggy exterior changed to give armour? Or was that always the case?

Anyway, whenever I play him I feel I'm way to squishy and mana starved until mid game, and get ganked really easily. So last game I bought a soul ring before boots, and a plain chainmail after upgrading the boots, followed by scepter, is this a good build? Or are there better options?

Maybe skill build wise I can give up some burst magic damage for an earlier craggy exterior?

SamVimes

So seeing as we saw S4 going quas/wex invoker yesterday and destroying NS mid. Has anyone given invoker a try yet? Is the secondary spell at the first invoke level that big of a difference?
Does the Mana transfer on EMP make quas/wex viable now? Early game damage is still really horrible, you still kind of really need the blades of attack as a starting item when going quas/wex and you'll still have problems last hitting.

I used to build tranqs on him then rush midas (copied that from duesy), but I don't think tranqs is still viable on him(on a quas/exort build). I'll give the old phase boots a try tonight.
I still don't like going quas wex unless i'm against a really weak laner but i found that cold snap icewall with two points in quas and exort is really fucking strong, especially if you add on top of that a sunstrike or a forge spirit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom