• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.

shira

268x268.resizedimage

Nice they are slowly adding all the Nexon contest submissions in workshop

A stun to keep him in place and two heroes on him seem to do the trick.

Of course it's relative to which heroes but generally speaking, it works.

A stun doesn't stop the health regen.

Yesterday I had a natures profit sprout me while in my ult form and try and right click me. I just stood there and later walked away with full health.

I was against Warlock and Weaver dual lane. Weaver could just walk through my spiders and kill them without even knowing they were there, so it wasn't worth it.

That... doesn't seem accurate. Shukuchi does 90/110/130/150 damage and Spiderites have 175 HP (Spiderlings have 450). Unless you're keeping damaged Spiders in lane or Warlock is blowing Fatal Bonds just to kill spiders, you should have been fine.

Jak's orb is kinda dumb i never seem to use it.

Jak's orb has 600 cast range as opposed to his 400 attack range (unless one of these recent 20mb patches fixed it). Not a game changer, but it's handy for harass.

shira

AXE – collectible
Orders received for our US warehouse by 1 Oct will ship in Nov.
Orders received for our NZ warehouse by 22 Aug will ship in Nov.
Orders received for our UK warehouse by 1 Oct will ship in Nov.
All subsequent orders will ship from our US, NZ and UK warehouses in late Jan / Feb 2014
Butterfly Sword - collectible
Orders received for our US warehouse by 10 Aug will ship in Nov.
Orders received for our NZ warehouse by 31 Jan will ship in Nov.
All subsequent orders will ship from our US, NZ and UK warehouses in late Jan / Feb 2014
Vanguard Shield - collectible
Orders received for our US warehouse by 26 Aug will ship in Nov.
Orders received for our NZ warehouse by 31 Dec 2012 will ship in Nov.
Demon Edge - collectable
Orders received for our US warehouse by 12 Aug will ship in Nov.
Orders received for our NZ warehouse by 31 Jan will ship in Nov.

We will announce the in-game items very shortly!

Reason for Delay:
Unfortunately we need to delay the shipments of the first production run from October to November, in order to get the in-game item key cards printed and packed. Our apologies for this delay.
Butterfly, Demon Edge and Vanguard are sold out, however: You can still get a place on the waiting list by emailing us at info@wetanz.co.nz stating the product name, your name and your shipping country and we'll let you know if any spare pieces become available
Warehouse distribution determined by Proximity from your location.

Asian Scumbag traders, start your engines.

Yup and Matt was the perpetrator. Chat was 95% ༼ ᕤºل͟º ༽ᕤ PUNCH HIM for hours afterwards, so much that even BTS had to stop embracing the Kappa and put it on r9k mode for a while.
༼ ᕤºل͟º ༽ᕤ YOU WOT M8

dorkimoe

oh hai matt is here. i should have tried to trade him my hearthstone beta for shagbark :p

SO broodmother was a pain in my ass last night. Throwing her stupid webs over trees or up cliffs and walking up them and being able to just crawl off the map. Her + natures prophet on the same team would be towers going down in seconds and you would never be able to push back

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Why does everybody always seem to think Doom should jungle? I've played a fair bit of him and think he's a horrendous jungler. He's way too vulnerable early.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
People are bad.

Doom is bad, you shouldn't be playing him ever.

That... doesn't seem accurate. Shukuchi does 90/110/130/150 damage and Spiderites have 175 HP (Spiderlings have 450). Unless you're keeping damaged Spiders in lane or Warlock is blowing Fatal Bonds just to kill spiders, you should have been fine.
Over multiple Shukuchis it would add up (and he was using it often to harass me).

And Warlock would use Bond every time it was off cooldown and I was visible.

And I hate micro so any excuse to not use spiders I'll take. It ended up working out really well this time, I'll try and get another game in using it soon.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
what are your starting items and approach to the jungle?

I haven't really experimented with it since whenever I've tried it it's gone horribly and I'd rather just lane. But the standard shield, tangos, and quelling blade. Then do the easy camp and mediums alternating. Not sure what else you'd do really.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
if caught off guard, yea. Depending on mana pool and cooldowns, 3 or 4 of them are food.

If by "caught off guard" you mean ganked by 2-3 slows/stuns then yeah, sure. But otherwise these guys are usually at high HP, or have escapes/stuns/snares.

Axe and Doom will die to a passing CM.

So I went ahead and tried out that Jakiro build I was theorizing earlier, where I maxed his new Liquid Fire orb first. The idea was that it would be great for harassing my opponents during the laning phase. The result was... underwhelming. It didn't help that I was laning against a Warlock/Sven, so Warlock could easily outheal most of the damage I dealt. It also occurred to me that Liquid Fire does shit damage anyway, and it's only real merit is the slow effect. So yeah, probably best to stay with the traditional build where you max Ice Path and Dual Breath first.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/355391117

As an aside, that was the most baffling bot match I have ever played. It was against easy bots, and we almost fucking lost at one point. Our Lifestealer literally jungled from start to finish, never said a word, and died to neutrals 13 times. The other death was from a gank. Huskar built a Dagon 5, Riki bought 2 boots, Viper was beyond godlike... it was madness I tell you. Madness.

Hylian7

I haven't really experimented with it since whenever I've tried it it's gone horribly and I'd rather just lane. But the standard shield, tangos, and quelling blade. Then do the easy camp and mediums alternating. Not sure what else you'd do really.
Eat the little guy with the mana aura and 5 mana heal. Don't eat anything else that has abilities. Get a Basilius and you can Scorched Earth to keep your health up for days.

By the way, stacking and killing the hard camp with a tornado with Doom isn't very efficient. Did it in a game once with a 3 or 4 stack and I'm pretty sure I would have been faster to just clear it every time it was up. Tornado costs too much mana on Doom for one.

Chen/Enchantress (if you can) it's still fine though.

Dahbomb

People are panicking with the lack of updated starting guides.

/trench
LMAO!

Yesterday I actually did end up in a situation where I was like "oh damn I messed up my count". I bought two slippers of agility, two branches and only had cash for one tango when before I could also buy a Salve. Thankfully because it's 4 tangoes that was enough to survive the lane.

I bet all the bottle first pubbers are freaking out now. And holy shit is the Gem expensive now. People thought Shadowblade was nerfed but when the Gem is that expensive and your team is rolling them making sure they don't get money, it's hard to farm up that gem especially for a support. I bet in 6.85 or some patch it's going to be over 1000 gold... that's 1/3rd the price of a god damn Shadowblade!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom