• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.

BraXzy

Thanks a ton dude. They're actually improved since that video too. We updated the flying run to have more life, and I updated the texture on the stein to be less flat. I'm just so excited to have it done.

@ Pureauthor - raccoon, aha! .. almost! :) More sets will be coming, for sure. Lots of stuff planned!

I'm going to start trying to make Dota 2 items soon, your work is nice inspiration for it, so good! I use your Lich and PL sets :)

F!ReW!Re

I still don't like going quas wex unless i'm against a really weak laner but i found that cold snap icewall with two points in quas and exort is really fucking strong, especially if you add on top of that a sunstrike or a forge spirit.

Yeah I do think the quas/exort still is the go-to build, I just wonder if quas/wex is actually viable now. I'm hanging towards a negative on this, since your last hitting will still be horrible early on. I still think he needs a small buff on his base damage to make him more viable.

kvk1

I've been seeing this a lot. Can anyone tell me where it originated from?

LD and Godz were having a "heated" argument over the impact of the new patch.

It went on for a while and Twitch chat blew up trying to egg it on with the punch him stuff.

Boken

Banned
I've been seeing this a lot. Can anyone tell me where it originated from?

if youre talking about the ascii man

it originated from the handsome "imaqtpie", a pro player from league of legends. donger is his nickname for the most OP champion in lol - "heimerdinger". dongsquad was the password for his subscribers. one day "imaqtpie" tweeted to the world,

"ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ"

and the rest was history

this is actually a true story.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I think he means the trend of going ༼ ᕤºل͟º ༽ᕤ PUNCH HIM specifically.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Seems EG dropped out of the Fragbite masters since they were salty the games mostly played on European Servers.

https://twitter.com/FearDotA/status/392779175733362688
Yes, we dropped out of the Fragbite Masters. We were not aware that is was a European tournament that favored European hosting.

Server rules: 2.1 Server Location
If two european teams face each other all games will be played on the Luxemburg server.
If one european and one american team square off the first and last game will be played on the Luxemburg server. The second game in the match series will be played on US East.
If two american teams face each other the default server is US East. Exceptions can however be made and this is up to an admin to decide.

I think they are just mad TTD Beat them, but they could have likely avoided that if they just read the rules.

ViviOggi

LD and Godz were having a "heated" argument over the impact of the new patch.

It went on for a while and Twitch chat blew up trying to egg it on with the punch him stuff.

Yup and Matt was the perpetrator. Chat was 95% ༼ ᕤºل͟º ༽ᕤ PUNCH HIM for hours afterwards, so much that even BTS had to stop embracing the Kappa and put it on r9k mode for a while.

So yea, last night I tried a game of brood (offlane solo).

To me, her biggest weaknesses was that her spiders fed gold to literally anyone who could auto attack them, and that she needs decent farm to really do anything.

I realized very quickly Brood has enough of a mana pool to constantly keep webs up and use her ult for ganking, unless you use Spiderlings, than you have mana problems. Ergo, with Spiderlings feeding gold and saving money on a Soul Ring (I actually bought one for this game and never used it), it seems best to hold off on them until you're ready to push. Or never, that's fine too.

Another interesting aspect of Brood, is that you can jungle once you reach level 6 with basically no issue at all if you have at least 3 levels bite. She gets nice regen from her webs, plus lifesteal using her ult and camps fall quickly. This, plus not needing soul ring or even upgraded boots if you don't think you need them, gives you ample gold to build Orchid and whatever else you need. And given your webs, you don't have to even use your own jungle, the enemy's is ripe for the taking since ganking you is incredibly hard and requires serious lock down and vision.

I didn't take spiders until level 10. What I found was that the best route was using the nuke as a nuke to finish people off and then sending the spiders to the jungle to continue farming or hiding them away from where they could feed.

With smart web placement, you can effectively cover a fourth of the map in webs. This means you have a better Riki ult with the best of Batrider on 1/4 of the map. Basically, early game, plan your routes. Your enemies assume you're right around them at all times, so use this to your advantage and leave when web is off cooldown to web their entire jungle. By 6 have an advanced network of escapes and routes to quickly and effectively farm the jungle. Try to keep vision all around if you can, anyone (squishy enough) walking alone in the jungle should be easy food for you.

But yea, don't get spiderlings until you're serious about pushing. Failed pushes are free gold for the enemy. Play Brood like Bounty Hunter early game. Build a network of webs early. Flash farm the jungle at 6 or 7. Don't be directly in team fights, stand off to the side, shoot a web into the fight and wait to pick off stragglers. Don't be seen as often as you can handle. Carry sentries.

This is a different Brood. One that doesn't need to be a mother.

Even managed to make an Abaddon rage quit :)

Rename to Brood Abortion?
Seriously though? No spiderlings until mid game?
Will check that out tonight!

I imagine in games where you're really serious about early pushing, it might be better to pick up some levels of spiders instead of webs. Her webs are so large now, you can afford to not max it if need be. Bite is a really good. 60% miss and 40% slow is nothing to laugh at.

I'm also terrible at microing, so I really preferred to play her more like Bountry Hunter, and less like Nature's Prophet.

I have to try a few more games with that build though. It may have just been a poor game in general (Troll DC'd for a few minutes and Abaddon quit a bit before the game ended). But I'm actually kind of afraid to try it again because of people who will harass me about it. Even my 5 stack of friends were a little worried about it.

When did they change jak's turn speed? Always though he moved like a tank, played with him and he's like a fucking sports car zipping around corners. Jak's orb is kinda dumb i never seem to use it.

F!ReW!Re

I imagine in games where you're really serious about early pushing, it might be better to pick up some levels of spiders instead of webs. Her webs are so large now, you can afford to not max it if need be. Bite is a really good. 60% miss and 40% slow is nothing to laugh at.

I'm also terrible at microing, so I really preferred to play her more like Bountry Hunter, and less like Nature's Prophet.

I have to try a few more games with that build though. It may have just been a poor game in general (Troll DC'd for a few minutes and Abaddon rage quit a bit before the game ended). But I'm actually kind of afraid to try it again because of people who will harass me about it. Even my 5 stack of friends were a little worried about it.

Come to think of it, played a game yesterday where a no-spiderling brood fucked up our bottom lane (Kotl and alch) pretty badly, I think he got like 3-4 solo kills on them within 10-15 minutes.
I need to watch the replay to find out if the brood was any good or that the 2 players on bot just sucked (or both).

Haunted

Yup and Matt was the perpetrator. Chat was 95% ༼ ᕤºل͟º ༽ᕤ PUNCH HIM for hours afterwards, so much that even BTS had to stop embracing the Kappa and put it on r9k mode for a while.
Is there a vod of the LD/Godz discussion?

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
But yea, don't get spiderlings until you're serious about pushing. Failed pushes are free gold for the enemy. Play Brood like Bounty Hunter early game. Build a network of webs early. Flash farm the jungle at 6 or 7. Don't be directly in team fights, stand off to the side, shoot a web into the fight and wait to pick off stragglers. Don't be seen as often as you can handle. Carry sentries.

I've genuinely never understood why everybody brings up the spider farm as the main problem with Brood. Like you say, how about not spamming spiders? The spiders should be used exclusively for pushing and occasionally jungling. If you're spamming them during the laning phase to harass and so forth then you are certainly gonna feed.

In my view the way Brood should be played is offlane, completely taking over the lane and jungle with her webs and making the entire area terrifying to be in. In many cases the opponents, having lost their safelane farm, just abandon the lane entirely. Leaving you to spider-push down at least through tier 2.

A team that knows to destroy trees, buy dust/wards/etc. will make it harder, but currently it's still so easy to disappear that I don't see her as weak at all.

I've genuinely never understood why everybody brings up the spider farm as the main problem with Brood. Like you say, how about not spamming spiders? The spiders should be used exclusively for pushing and occasionally jungling. If you're spamming them during the laning phase to harass and so forth then you are certainly gonna feed.

In my view the way Brood should be played is offlane, completely taking over the lane and jungle with her webs and making the entire area terrifying to be in. In many cases the opponents, having lost their safelane farm, just abandon the lane entirely. Leaving you to spider-push down at least through tier 2.

A team that knows to destroy trees, buy dust/wards/etc. will make it harder, but currently it's still so easy to disappear that I don't see her as weak at all.

I was against Warlock and Weaver dual lane. Weaver could just walk through my spiders and kill them without even knowing they were there, so it wasn't worth it.

I played a bit more passively. Early game I set up webs, got last hits when I could, and basically leveled up enough to pick off heroes who were alone (in this game, mostly Jakiro while he was warding or something).

My mindset is more of Bounty Hunter. Stand around unseen, getting experience. When it seems okay to do so, grab a last hit and disappear again instantly. And then kind of transition in Nature's Prophet, split pushing like crazy. Brood isn't very good in team fights, so her main contribution to team fights is split pushing during fights. However, these sorts of fights don't happen until mid-game anyway, so she doesn't necessarily need pushing power until then.

yarden24

i posted it before but no one answered me, so ill try again if thats ok:

Hi dota gaf!

Ive got a question about tiny first thing, was craggy exterior changed to give armour? Or was that always the case?

Anyway, whenever I play him I feel I'm way to squishy and mana starved until mid game, and get ganked really easily. So last game I bought a soul ring before boots, and a plain chainmail after upgrading the boots, followed by scepter, is this a good build? Or are there better options?

Maybe skill build wise I can give up some burst magic damage for an earlier craggy exterior?

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
I was against Warlock and Weaver dual lane. Weaver could just walk through my spiders and kill them without even knowing they were there, so it wasn't worth it.

I played a bit more passively. Early game I set up webs, got last hits when I could, and basically leveled up enough to pick off heroes who were alone (in this game, mostly Jakiro while he was warding or something).

My mindset is more of Bounty Hunter. Stand around unseen, getting experience. When it seems okay to do so, grab a last hit and disappear again instantly. And then kind of transition in Nature's Prophet, split pushing like crazy. Brood isn't very good in team fights, so her main contribution to team fights is split pushing during fights. However, these sorts of fights don't happen until mid-game anyway, so she doesn't necessarily need pushing power until then.

Yeah, that's exactly how I play it as well. Just picking off weak heroes early, and later on if you've played well, any hero who comes in to your webs alone.

The way I think about it when it comes to picking Brood is that you're essentially committing to a 4v5 strategy. Her job should be to pick a lane, absolutely dominate it early game, hopefully switch lanes and do the same mid-game, and split-push late game.

That kind of strategy is certainly situational but I don't think it's an inherently bad one at all.

G.ZZZ

i posted it before but no one answered me, so ill try again if thats ok:

Hi dota gaf!

Ive got a question about tiny first thing, was craggy exterior changed to give armour? Or was that always the case?

Anyway, whenever I play him I feel I'm way to squishy and mana starved until mid game, and get ganked really easily. So last game I bought a soul ring before boots, and a plain chainmail after upgrading the boots, followed by scepter, is this a good build? Or are there better options?

Maybe skill build wise I can give up some burst magic damage for an earlier craggy exterior?

As far as i remember, craggy always gave armor. The best item for mana on tiny is learning to manage your mana optimally. Obviously this isn't something that you can teach, you'll just to learn it with experience.
In terms of real items Tiny has 2 builds mainly:

Caster tiny, more of a ganker:
Arcane-> this and wand are your mana item
Wand
Blink
transition into whatever

Carry tiny:
Treads or Phase (use treads swap for spells/farm, use Phase to initiate and get absurd ms with yasha)
Aghanim-> this and tread swap give mostly of your mana (put treads on int when you want to cast a spell, keep them on str most of the time)
Yasha
Cuirass

Razzer

That Alch regen is actually terrifying. If you can't burst him down you essentially do nothing to him. The amount of hp it can heal is really big.

SamVimes

Can anyone tell me what are your bindings for aghs brewmaster? I just played a game and when i finally bought aghs i noticed the thunderclap on earth panda and drunken haze on storm are unbinded so i had to click them.

aeolist

Banned
That Alch regen is actually terrifying. If you can't burst him down you essentially do nothing to him. The amount of hp it can heal is really big.

yeah i guess we'll see how teams deal with him but it seems more of a sideways rebalancing than a nerf

yarden24

As far as i remember, craggy always gave armor. The best item for mana on tiny is learning to manage your mana optimally. Obviously this isn't something that you can teach, you'll just to learn it with experience.
In terms of real items Tiny has 2 builds mainly:

Caster tiny, more of a ganker:
Arcane-> this and wand are your mana item
Wand
Blink
transition into whatever

Carry tiny:
Treads or Phase (use treads swap for spells/farm, use Phase to initiate and get absurd ms with yasha)
Aghanim-> this and tread swap give mostly of your mana (put treads on int when you want to cast a spell, keep them on str most of the time)
Yasha
Cuirass

well i generally go carry tiny, its just that when i don't take craggy exterior he is always super squishy until lvl 12, having roughly 0 Armour, and while he has nice hp, he dies so fast... guess the carry tiny shouldn't leave the lane until he has cuirass?

also, if anyone is up for some dota, send me a message!

well i generally go carry tiny, its just that when i don't take craggy exterior he is always super squishy until lvl 12, having roughly 0 Armour, and while he has nice hp, he dies so fast... guess the carry tiny shouldn't leave the lane until he has cuirass?

You're supposed to kill them before they can kill you. You could have 100 hp and it wouldn't matter because your stun throw does so much burst. By taking an early point in craggy you're taking away from your damage.

The new spectator timer for Roshan is illegible. How the fuck are you supposed to read that and figure out exactly what it means?
There are three pie slices one for each minute. The end of the normal part is when he spawns. You can ignore the red part, or look at it like he spawns at the beginning of the red. You could stream snipe the rosh timing if its on a 2 minute delay and he happens to spawn in the last possible minute.

G.ZZZ

Why level 12? You get craggy at 10 (4-4-1-1). And yeah, carry tiny shouldn't really teamfight until he has some major items, before that most of your damage come from your nukes, so you get into fight, burst someone and go back waiting for your spell to come back up. Obviously what you'll actually do will depend a lot.

eznark

Banned
What's going on with Dota 2 lounge? Bots can't connect to server? I want to throw my rares away on Speeed!

Buffed Dazzle is so sick by the way.

SamVimes

Can anyone tell me what are your bindings for aghs brewmaster? I just played a game and when i finally bought aghs i noticed the thunderclap on earth panda and drunken haze on storm are unbinded so i had to click them.

Nevermind they're considered neutral and by default (at least in my settings) neutrals fourth spell was unbound.

shira

637x358.resizedimage

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=188245962&searchtext=snaggletooth
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TZVFZYcCiI

hope you guys dig it, it's been a loooooong time comin
Bump

Ketch

I don't play witch doctor very often but I realized for the first time yesterday you can turn your heal on while channeling your ult (like pudge's rot). Can you also use items while channeling? Like mech?

Edit: also, kind of unrelated, but is it possible to use ghost scepter and bkb at the same time?

Volodja

I don't play witch doctor very often but I realized for the first time yesterday you can turn your heal on while channeling your ult (like pudge's rot). Can you also use items while channeling? Like mech?

Edit: also, kind of unrelated, but is it possible to use ghost scepter and bkb at the same time?
You can use a few items and skills while channeling, but most of them you can't.
Shadow blade and Shiva's Guard are some examples for items that you can use while channeling without breaking it.

Shengar

So yea, last night I tried a game of brood (offlane solo).

To me, her biggest weaknesses was that her spiders fed gold to literally anyone who could auto attack them, and that she needs decent farm to really do anything.

I realized very quickly Brood has enough of a mana pool to constantly keep webs up and use her ult for ganking, unless you use Spiderlings, than you have mana problems. Ergo, with Spiderlings feeding gold and saving money on a Soul Ring (I actually bought one for this game and never used it), it seems best to hold off on them until you're ready to push. Or never, that's fine too.

Another interesting aspect of Brood, is that you can jungle once you reach level 6 with basically no issue at all if you have at least 3 levels bite. She gets nice regen from her webs, plus lifesteal using her ult and camps fall quickly. This, plus not needing soul ring or even upgraded boots if you don't think you need them, gives you ample gold to build Orchid and whatever else you need. And given your webs, you don't have to even use your own jungle, the enemy's is ripe for the taking since ganking you is incredibly hard and requires serious lock down and vision.

I didn't take spiders until level 10. What I found was that the best route was using the nuke as a nuke to finish people off and then sending the spiders to the jungle to continue farming or hiding them away from where they could feed.

With smart web placement, you can effectively cover a fourth of the map in webs. This means you have a better Riki ult with the best of Batrider on 1/4 of the map. Basically, early game, plan your routes. Your enemies assume you're right around them at all times, so use this to your advantage and leave when web is off cooldown to web their entire jungle. By 6 have an advanced network of escapes and routes to quickly and effectively farm the jungle. Try to keep vision all around if you can, anyone (squishy enough) walking alone in the jungle should be easy food for you.

This is a different Brood. One that doesn't need to be a mother.

Even managed to make an Abaddon rage quit :)
This sounds good! I should check the reply sometimes.
The thing is that Naix practically useless against him now since he no longer gain bonus damage from Alche HP Bonus. With Cuirass and more armor items, he could even tank Naix attack now.

It depends on the item, shadowblade definitely works but I'm pretty sure BKB and ghost scepter don't. (I'm sure I saw an Enigma cancel black-hole with his own bkb once.) Not sure about mek.

Yeah, that's exactly how I play it as well. Just picking off weak heroes early, and later on if you've played well, any hero who comes in to your webs alone.

The way I think about it when it comes to picking Brood is that you're essentially committing to a 4v5 strategy. Her job should be to pick a lane, absolutely dominate it early game, hopefully switch lanes and do the same mid-game, and split-push late game.

That kind of strategy is certainly situational but I don't think it's an inherently bad one at all.

An approach that has worked very, very well for me with Brood (pre-buff):

Get that spiderling count up and send them immediately to the nearest jungle camps. Never use them to farm in the lane early game unless you explicitly want to push the lane. From what I've found, spiderlings serve 4 distinct purposes in the first 20 minutes:

1.) Farming the jungle for uncontested gold.

2.) Blocking camps.

3.) Surrounding and killing heroes that have no escape who have pushed up too far in the lane and don't realize just how much damage spiderlings + incapacitating bite and the nuke do.

4.) Pushing a lane to the tower quickly.

Build up your menagerie (maybe 2 or 3 spawns of spiderlings). Set them to the side under some webs in a safe location that you have quick access to if you want them to help you kill someone. Once you've reached the number of spiderlings you want, send them to the jungle. Keep spawning and sending them over to those jungle camps and get that gold (and maybe xp). Optimally, you'll be able to both farm the lane and a couple of the camps and make more money than whoever is in the lane.

Get your boots of choice and BKB online along with a yasha and continue the same approach. You're Phantom Lancer Lite: you don't want your spiderlings farming in the same places you are when possible. If you play her like that, you'll also make money like PL because spiderlings are very, very effective at farming jungle camps. I assume that with the jungle camp hp and armor nerfs they're even better...and they were good at it before.

geetec

Neo Member

A stun to keep him in place and two heroes on him seem to do the trick.

Of course it's relative to which heroes but generally speaking, it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom