• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinypogs

I built an Assault Cuirass on crystal maiden and I don't even know why. I had finished, tranquils, drums and mek and I can't properly use force staff so I just started randomly building something with armor.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
The comparison to Lycan is pretty apt. Like, if we can agree that peak Lycan was at least "difficult" to kill, whatever that means, then a hero who basically has that constantly plus the ability to disappear into terrain is also pretty damn "difficult"

If I could take back that comparison I would just because I really hate comparing dota heroes side by side. It's dumb 99% of the time. Every hero is different with a different set of skills, stats, etc... it's disingenuous to take individual parts into a vacuum. Also Lycan does have slow immunity which is something brood doesn't have.

Doesn't make me take back my claim that brood is OP though ;).

aeolist

Banned
I built an Assault Cuirass on crystal maiden and I don't even know why. I had finished, tranquils, drums and mek and I can't properly use force staff so I just started randomly building something with armor.

should've gotten bkb + shadow blade, stealth in and channel that full duration ult

SamVimes

So it looked like Axe just eyed the health of his enemies to see if they're under the threshold? Is that what pros do because I am so bad at doing that. I gotta click on hero lol.
I'm pretty sure he clicked on them, it's just that the ingame replay system doesn't track when someone clicks on another hero.

I like a lot the new Venomancer, those venomous wards are great for ganking, pushing or covering a fleeing fellow.

Also the new Broodmother is an awesome ganker, and I love how now she is a master of escape.

bounchfx

tried DP for the first time in a game today.. my god. went against a SB mid.. it was a joke. had mana boots in 5 minutes, bloodstone in 16. It was a massacre. She can do 300 damage every 4 seconds? PLUS silence? PLUS her insane ult? My god.

sixghost

Is there a trick to getting neutral creep agro on Lycan instead of the wolves? Sometimes it's fine, but other times the creeps just will not stop attacking the wolves despite microing them out of range a couple times.

shira

So it looked like Axe just eyed the health of his enemies to see if they're under the threshold? Is that what pros do because I am so bad at doing that. I gotta click on hero lol.

You could change your enemy health bars to (250/350/450 divied by 1.25 magic resistance =) 200/280/360, but that would be kind of anal. I think people just eyeball it and pray for the best.

Kreunt

Banned
Is there a trick to getting neutral creep agro on Lycan instead of the wolves? Sometimes it's fine, but other times the creeps just will not stop attacking the wolves despite microing them out of range a couple times.

not sure if it's a proximity thing like towers/rosh, just have to pay attention and pull the wolf out if its taking too much damage.

Baha

Nightstalker, Bloodseeker, Skywraith Mage w/ Bloodstone and ̶a̶ ̶T̶i̶m̶b̶e̶r̶ ̶w̶o̶r̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶a̶ ̶S̶k̶a̶d̶i̶ (damn you h4nn1): http://www.twitch.tv/joindotared

You could change your enemy health bars to (250/350/450 divied by 1.25 magic resistance =) 200/280/360, but that would be kind of anal. I think people just eyeball it and pray for the best.

I don't think there is magic resistance involved when an enemy is in the kill threshold, it just kills them.

Also, you're calculation is wrong if you were working out damage after magic resistance. Multiply by 0.75 or divide by 1.3333333.

Randdalf

Goodness me, two games in a row that have been thrown by other people on my team. Naga sleeping which meant we couldn't kill their ancient, and Abaddon giving away a Rapier to Doom then fighting 3v5. Baffling.

JustinBB7

Just randomed pudge and went bottle/wand/arcane boots/blink/forcestaff/pipe/heart/bots in that order. Went arcanes for the mana to support my spells and blinking etc.

I played it against bots, but in real games it's just as OP. Never even tried to cliff hook or anything, just being able to be so mobile, while being so tanky. So good.

shira

I don't think there is magic resistance involved when an enemy is in the kill threshold, it just kills them.

Also, you're calculation is wrong if you were working out damage after magic resistance. Multiply by 0.75 or divide by 1.3333333.

Damn thats 625 "actual damage" with ags on a 6s cooldown. Insane.

D

Deleted member 309291

Unconfirmed Member
Today I had match with a BM on my team. balancing issues aside, that web of hers is so annoying, by the end of the match it covered the entire top lane. I hope they'll fix it so is less intrusive, better get used to it in the time being I guess.

shira

that_s_hot_by_cicatrizesp-d6rebau.png

Ketch

I wonder if the buff to passive gold makes games shorter in general. I bet it does.... Anyone know how to track average game length now vs per patch?

Randdalf

I draft Weaver, Naga and Crystal Maiden safe lanes 90% of the time in Captain's Mode it seems. Works well most of the time too.

Shengar

Gotta say one of the best things so far has been people buying back not realizing what it does now, gimping themselves for no reason haha. Makes outfarming them a lot easier.
It strange if people jump in into the game, especially veteran after the update without even reading the changelog.
Just went 40-3 as dagon Riki. Thaaaat might be broken...

It sounds like the enemy team hardly used nay dust on you. How could you pull that score unless they too cheapskate to use any dust?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom