• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given valve's pattern of patching on test thurs, pushing on friday/monday. This week is probably going to have diretide.

I can't remember if the diretide patch had a new hero or not, or if they pushed it to test w/o diretide, then once it was live it had diretide. For certain, diretide wasn't in the test patch.

I'll be pretty surprised, and not in a good way, if LC isn't in the diretide update. 3+ months for a hero is ridic, I don't think there's any defense for that.

Given valve's pattern of patching on test thurs, pushing on friday/monday. This week is probably going to have diretide.

I can't remember if the diretide patch had a new hero or not, or if they pushed it to test w/o diretide, then once it was live it had diretide. For certain, diretide wasn't in the test patch.

I'll be pretty surprised, and not in a good way, if LC isn't in the diretide update. 3+ months for a hero is ridic, I don't think there's any defense for that.

Well I hope for Matt's sake LC comes out. I mean he's gotta be running out of GIFs at this point, right?

ViviOggi

Do you guys think the Owlion set will go up in price in the future or will it be kind of forgotten once more neat POTM sets come out? Thinking about trading mine but it's a semi-immortal legendary after all.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>

I'll be pretty surprised if we do get a hero with Diretide.

LMAO!

Yesterday I actually did end up in a situation where I was like "oh damn I messed up my count". I bought two slippers of agility, two branches and only had cash for one tango when before I could also buy a Salve. Thankfully because it's 4 tangoes that was enough to survive the lane.

I bet all the bottle first pubbers are freaking out now. And holy shit is the Gem expensive now. People thought Shadowblade was nerfed but when the Gem is that expensive and your team is rolling them making sure they don't get money, it's hard to farm up that gem especially for a support. I bet in 6.85 or some patch it's going to be over 1000 gold... that's 1/3rd the price of a god damn Shadowblade!
Most gem purchasers in my games are the 2-3, never the no farm support.

I haven't really experimented with it since whenever I've tried it it's gone horribly and I'd rather just lane. But the standard shield, tangos, and quelling blade. Then do the easy camp and mediums alternating. Not sure what else you'd do really.
Try this: QB, Stout, Salve.

Start at a hard camp and Q the biggest neutral and clear the camp. Rotate over to the easy camp and kill that camp. Max Q and W first. W will help with your regen while Q will allow you to kill the big neutrals faster. Don't worry about finding an Alpha Wolf early. Just Q those big neutrals.

I haven't done it in a few months so forgive my memory, but I believe the first trip back in my approach was to pick up two more salves, basic boots and soul ring. The W will regen just about all of the Soul Ring sacrifice.

Starting Items --> Boots + Soul Ring --> Phasers --> Halberd --> AC --> Heart --> Abyssal was/is usually my favorite approach as the fast Sange gives him a nice HP and damage boost and builds into evasion which is great on Doom. Active on it doesn't hurt either. I'd start actively looking for an Alpha Wolf around the time the Sange is up...maybe a little earlier if the large neutral camps aren't a problem anymore.

But it's been some time, so my memory may be failing me on this. I just remember being fairly comfortable doing this, and with the jungle camp weakening I assume it *should* be just as easy if not easier now.

From the games I'm looking at in my history that didn't end quickly (almost all of my Doom games are jungle doom), I was getting between 460-600gpm. Not the greatest, but certainly comfortable and at or near the top of the cs count for the game.

I'll try it today to see what it's looking like.

Baha

Not sure when they updated this but the filter options for Dota 2 inventory has heroes listed in alphabetical order now. (blah blah reddit)

doZ5V5B.png

shira

637x358.resizedimage

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=188245962
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TZVFZYcCiI
Snaggletooth - The Red Panda Courier by bounch & oroboros

Kourier Kawaiiii!!! Dose animations

oh damn that showed up here mad fast haha! Thanks Shira! I actually finished this back in APRIL. Animations had to go on stand by for a bit unfortunately but I'm stoked it's finally done. Just got the 'real' marketing image uploaded, here it is:

637x358.resizedimage

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=188245962&searchtext=snaggletooth
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TZVFZYcCiI

hope you guys dig it, it's been a loooooong time comin

edit: edited, thanks dreams!

Check it out and upvote guys! Its great!!!

sixghost

By the way, stacking and killing the hard camp with a tornado with Doom isn't very efficient. Did it in a game once with a 3 or 4 stack and I'm pretty sure I would have been faster to just clear it every time it was up. Tornado costs too much mana on Doom for one.

Chen/Enchantress (if you can) it's still fine though.

Even if you stack it 2 or 3 times? I've never jungled with Doom, but for a hero with low base armor, clearing a 3x large camp without taking a single point of damage seems pretty huge. You could also just pop a clarity, then use the whirlwind and mitigate a lot of the mana cost.

eff legion
we need some ember spirits up in here

I do want him too. Seems like loads of fun.

And speaking of illusion waifus, has anybody else played Spectre in the new patch? Not sure if the reality changes really make a difference. The illusions seem die or dissipate too fast to make much use of it, though I haven't gotten super fat on her yet. The 0 cast point might be throwing me off as well since the delay gave you a bit of feedback that isn't there now. Might just need to practice with her more, but I don't think she's very favorable with all the changes right now.

elyetis

I can't remember if the diretide patch had a new hero or not
Nop, but there was 2 new hero during the month/before diretide.
And one in September....

So... yeah.... I guess we shouldn't use what happened last year to guess what to expect..... ( or we need to expect a 3 hero patch, LC, ES, Techies.. but yeah no, I'm not even sure we will get that before 2014 ( but hey some people say updates aren't slower, just bigger while more spaced out so who know ! ) )

Dahbomb

When was the last time we even got a hero? Seems so long ago.

Also this "punch" meme has become ridiculous now. It was never even funny to begin with.

I haven't really experimented with it since whenever I've tried it it's gone horribly and I'd rather just lane. But the standard shield, tangos, and quelling blade. Then do the easy camp and mediums alternating. Not sure what else you'd do really.

okay just tried it out again.

yufr.jpg

That's my approach. Items, skills, and farm @ 20 minutes. It's just my preference, but it gives him a lot of sustain in fights with the miss chance, move speed and regen with the points in W, a lot of damage in fights, the halberd active, and a lot of hp.

Just keep eating the biggest neutrals at the big camps and do the medium camps or other big camps when it's cooling down. The Wildkins and Centaurs are my favorites because of the armor and attack speed respectively, but any big neutral is useful. Even if you get an Alpha Wolf early, feel free to eat it...but definitely eat the next big neutral when the opportunity presents. Why? Because eating the big neutrals will allow you to clear the jungle faster, and speed is the priority. More Alpha Wolfs will spawn. Start looking for that after the Sange is done. CS would have been higher but I was lazy and walked to base instead of TPing.

You may have to base twice and that's fine. Shouldn't have to any more than that unless you're under constant duress.

snack

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░▄▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄▄▄▄░░░░
░░▄▀▒▓▒▓▓▒▓▒▒▓▒▓▀▄░░
▄▀▒▒▓▒▓▒▒▓▒▓▒▓▓▒▒▓█░
█▓▒▓▒▓▒▓▓▓░░░░░░▓▓█░
█▓▓▓▓▓▒▓▒░░░░░░░░▓█░
▓▓▓▓▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░█░
▓▓▓▓░░░░▄▄▄▄░░░▄█▄▀░
░▀▄▓░░▒▀▓▓▒▒░░█▓▒▒░░
▀▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▄▒▒█░
░▀░▀░░░░░▒▒▀▄▄▒▀▒▒█░
░░▀░░░░░░▒▄▄▒▄▄▄▒▒█░
░░░▀▄▄▒▒░░░░▀▀▒▒▄▀░░
░░░░░▀█▄▒▒░░░░▒▄▀░░░
░░░░░░░░▀▀█▄▄▄▄▀

Who is this?

Which hud is this?

http://www.dota2.com/store/itemdetails/10201

My current favorite. Not distracting, yet very well designed.

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░▄▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄▄▄▄░░░░
░░▄▀▒▓▒▓▓▒▓▒▒▓▒▓▀▄░░
▄▀▒▒▓▒▓▒▒▓▒▓▒▓▓▒▒▓█░
█▓▒▓▒▓▒▓▓▓░░░░░░▓▓█░
█▓▓▓▓▓▒▓▒░░░░░░░░▓█░
▓▓▓▓▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░█░
▓▓▓▓░░░░▄▄▄▄░░░▄█▄▀░
░▀▄▓░░▒▀▓▓▒▒░░█▓▒▒░░
▀▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▄▒▒█░
░▀░▀░░░░░▒▒▀▄▄▒▀▒▒█░
░░▀░░░░░░▒▄▄▒▄▄▄▒▒█░
░░░▀▄▄▒▒░░░░▀▀▒▒▄▀░░
░░░░░▀█▄▒▒░░░░▒▄▀░░░
░░░░░░░░▀▀█▄▄▄▄▀

Who is this?

Kappa, the JustinTV trollface.

ViviOggi

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░▄▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄▄▄▄░░░░
░░▄▀▒▓▒▓▓▒▓▒▒▓▒▓▀▄░░
▄▀▒▒▓▒▓▒▒▓▒▓▒▓▓▒▒▓█░
█▓▒▓▒▓▒▓▓▓░░░░░░▓▓█░
█▓▓▓▓▓▒▓▒░░░░░░░░▓█░
▓▓▓▓▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░█░
▓▓▓▓░░░░▄▄▄▄░░░▄█▄▀░
░▀▄▓░░▒▀▓▓▒▒░░█▓▒▒░░
▀▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▄▒▒█░
░▀░▀░░░░░▒▒▀▄▄▒▀▒▒█░
░░▀░░░░░░▒▄▄▒▄▄▄▒▒█░
░░░▀▄▄▒▒░░░░▀▀▒▒▄▀░░
░░░░░▀█▄▒▒░░░░▒▄▀░░░
░░░░░░░░▀▀█▄▄▄▄▀

Who is this?

Oh hey it's Josh

Dahbomb

How did Speed Gaming catch up? I stopped watching the stream, then they were 22-23 in favor of Speed Gaming.
Lots of great Naga ultis and Doom using his ulti on the main carry or Timbersaw to completely neuter them. Them securing a few Roshan kills also helped.

Shinypogs

I hope they push through the new game mode or Diretide or whatever tomorrow, but I have a bad feeling it'll be Monday

I want it to be Monday so I don't miss any of it by going to the wcs season 3 finals. I am selfish :(

Also how exactly did the casters know when Roshan would spawn in that liquid vs speed game?

RS4-

I want it to be Monday so I don't miss any of it by going to the wcs season 3 finals. I am selfish :(

Also how exactly did the casters know when Roshan would spawn in that liquid vs speed game?

iirc, tobi mentioned that casters get the actual time on Rosh respawn.

Shinypogs

Ahh ok I was confused I heard him stating when it would be before my stream went all stupid for a few seconds then bam Rosh appeared.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
LMAO!

Yesterday I actually did end up in a situation where I was like "oh damn I messed up my count". I bought two slippers of agility, two branches and only had cash for one tango when before I could also buy a Salve. Thankfully because it's 4 tangoes that was enough to survive the lane.

I bet all the bottle first pubbers are freaking out now. And holy shit is the Gem expensive now. People thought Shadowblade was nerfed but when the Gem is that expensive and your team is rolling them making sure they don't get money, it's hard to farm up that gem especially for a support. I bet in 6.85 or some patch it's going to be over 1000 gold... that's 1/3rd the price of a god damn Shadowblade!
The issue is, its really the #2 or #3 who should be buying things like Gem and Mek, but so many pubs wants the #5 no CS support to get them.

You there Semi-carry with 1k gold! They have an invis hero and 2 shadow blades, BUY A FUCKING GEM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom