• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.

ViviOggi

We did. Thats my point. We got ridiculously farmed but it didn't matter because by the same point Prophet could take a rax in under a minute

It's this game right? I'd have to watch the replay to know how exactly it played out but there might have been a window where you've been slightly ahead and could have taken rax before Profit got really fat, their setup isn't that strong when it comes to defending the base and towers should go down decently fast with SF's aura, DK, Weaver and forge spirits.

When it got really late nobody of your team was farmed enough to defend against him alone, that's true. Also those item choices aren't exactly stellar, I'd rather have seen an AC or second Hex on Invoker and Basher on DK is dubious at best.

Winwood and I did some drafting. Who came out on top?

Results Here

Dire's got Lich gg

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
It's this game right? I'd have to watch the replay to know how exactly it played out but there might have been a window where you've been slightly ahead and could have taken rax before Profit got really fat, their setup isn't that strong when it comes to defending the base and towers should go down decently fast with SF's aura, DK, Weaver and forge spirits.

When it got really late nobody of your team was farmed enough to defend against him alone, that's true. Also those item choices aren't exactly stellar, I'd rather have seen an AC or second Hex on Invoker and Basher on DK is dubious at best.
Yup, that's the one. I grabbed the Basher early to build into an Abyssal if Ursa became a problem, but then he...didn't. The main problem was that when they met us 4v4 or 4v5 to defend (with Prophet pushing elsewhere) we'd usually go about even and then if we got one tower in the process he might get one and a half more while we were respawning.

Artanisix

His picks (1st pick): OD, Bounty Hunter, Jakiro Luna, Enigma
My picks: Naga, Disruptor, Razor, Timbersaw, Troll

His Mid: OD
My Mid: Razor

His Top: Luna, Jakiro with Enigma in woods
My Top: Naga, Disruptor, Troll

His Bot: Bounty Hunger
My Bot: Timbersaw

I think you win mid, they probably win top, and you win bottom. Midgame is a tossup depending, but looks like you have the stronger clash if you can disruptor ulti Enigma / Luna.

Winwood and I did some drafting. Who came out on top?

Results Here

I like Radiant's team more, Dire's team is kinda haphazard and will die in deathball.

Got another lobby up if anyone wants to draft, 378

I like Radiant's team more, Dire's team is kinda haphazard and will die in deathball.

Got another lobby up if anyone wants to draft, 378

I realized half way though I had no crowd control and most of my picks were solely to shit on his picks instead of make a good draft for myself. The bloodseeker was solely so he could still get farm in a dark seer lane and the lion so he could kill him with the stun and the hex before/during his surge and get a kill or two. The lich was just to shit on zeus as well.

Unless it got really aggressive and just killed radiant heroes by themselves endlessly to make sure none of the heroes got farm, I don't think it would win through the mid or late game.

Anteo

Yup, that's the one. I grabbed the Basher early to build into an Abyssal if Ursa became a problem, but then he...didn't. The main problem was that when they met us 4v4 or 4v5 to defend (with Prophet pushing elsewhere) we'd usually go about even and then if we got one tower in the process he might get one and a half more while we were respawning.

Hope for your team to go hunt the Phophet twice in a row.

Also why did you get Basher? DK is kind of low isnt he? Or you were hoping to get a Abysal later?

SamVimes

Gonna go ahead and say that Invoker's and Shadow Fiend's stupidass builds (especially skillbuild) played a big part in your loss.
Also you really should get DK's stun earlier, usually with one point of every skill at 3 on him you should be fine.

Hylian7

Gonna go ahead and say that Invoker's and Shadow Fiend's stupidass builds (especially skillbuild) played a big part in your loss.
Also you really should get DK's stun earlier, usually with one point of every skill at 3 on him you should be fine.
That skill build thing on Dotabuff is bugged. It says SF took Necromastery at 1 and 2 and ult at 3...wat

Razzer

Thanks to Emerson and co for a very good game, was very fun. The power of a stack beating out a crappy PA, and I especially enjoyed getting 2-man shackles. Windrunner is quickly becoming one of my favourite heroes.

Nymerio

Some people are just ridiculous. We where winning the game but not by much when our OD has a disconnect. The Sand King on the other team keeps unpausing because he can't wait. Our OD reconnects and we continue to play, they already had their ancient exposed but decided it was a good idea to go for a base race when we still had all tier 3 towers up while our Lifestealer was knocking on their ancient. The Sandking goes "rat dota", "you call this a win?". I mean wtf, you unpause with some lame excuse to get an easy win and follow that up by this?

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Thanks to Emerson and co for a very good game, was very fun. The power of a stack beating out a crappy PA, and I especially enjoyed getting 2-man shackles. Windrunner is quickly becoming one of my favourite heroes.

Ah yeah, great fun that one. One of my best farming games ever honestly. We were really on the ropes for a bit but I was able to overcome that farmed out of his mind Naix. Great supports really helped.

Ketch

Just tell your team you never played.
9 times outta 10 theyll be cool and help you.

that DOES NOT mean when I ask in captains mode "can anyone Chen" you say yes and then say after I drafted say this is my first time!

Well just to be clear, there's a difference between "can" and "should".

I can play any champion, I got all the skins too.

6yYvtuL.png

who got the better of this draft
Bit late but! I disagree with everyone else, that timbersaw looks poised to farm the long lane and take over the game.

Assuming radiant buys dust at the start of the game and plays an uptempo game radiant should win that game easily.

M.D

Has the Alchemist item build changed? I played a game with him today, went Maelstrom into Heart (got a platemail in-between for the AC) cause my friend kept telling me its more important than damage, said the Zeus combo could take me down right now and I should get a Heart then go into more damage

The results were good, but I'm wondering if its really necessary to get a Heart before the bigger damage items like Basher? I guess it depends on what heroes the other team has, but I'm guessing getting at least a Vitality Booster is a good idea now since you need more HP to work with? The HP regan from the ult is pretty amazing tho

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Has the Alchemist item build changed? I played a game with him today, went Maelstrom into Heart (got a platemail in-between for the AC) cause my friend kept telling me its more important than damage, said the Zeus combo could take me down right now and I should get a Heart then go into more damage

The results were good, but I'm wondering if its really necessary to get a Heart before the bigger damage items like Basher? I guess it depends on what heroes the other team has, but I'm guessing getting at least a Vitality Booster is a good idea now since you need more HP to work with? The HP regan from the ult is pretty amazing tho

(not a pro) but I haven't drastically changed my Alch build and I'm having the same level of success from before. Certainly I would be flexible if the enemy team had a bunch of nukes that were bringing me down, but I don't default to buying up health items particularly. But the stuff like BKB that I buy anyway will help a bit.

Bit late but! I disagree with everyone else, that timbersaw looks poised to farm the long lane and take over the game.

Assuming radiant buys dust at the start of the game and plays an uptempo game radiant should win that game easily.

I agree with this.

Assuming *competent play*, Timbersaw should be reasonably safe top lane where Bounty Hunter is not. I consider mid a draw if not a push for Skywrath because he can harass just as hard as Viper from an even safer distance and it won't stop with his required early bottle pickup. His movespeed advantage should get him to most runes faster than Viper.

I think that gets out of hand in favor of Radiant pretty early. They get the bottom tower quickly, fast blink up on Slar and proceed to overpower Dire before Gyro or Viper really come online.

Get armlet before heart. Haven't tried heart yet but i'm guessing it doesn't have very good synergy.

Also, PSA guys, maelstrom is an op item now. I'm buying that on every hero, it's insane.

Chris R

Medusa is actually a bunch of fun. Played her like a right clicker last night and almost had it... Melting creep waves like nothing when you have a Divine Rapier and what not :)

Well, that was fun. Played Weaver with a Bane "supporting" me on my lane by just being a dick on purpose for the whole game. I had to last hit 1v3 because Bane was taking my last hits. He then bought a Dagon and never bought anything for the team. Meanwhile, in mid lane, Pudge is 0-4 and abandons after about 20 minutes. That's enough for the day.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Oh christ I forgot to mention earlier, had a 3-stack in captains draft, matched with 2 solos. One of them instapicks captain, first pick Drow, then Troll, Sven, Lycan, and finally KOTL (for good measure). Drow proceeds to feed the courier constantly, and runs around doing stupid shit. Only like the second time I've played with a true griefer but fuck is it infuriating. Really wish there was something you could do besides report, which never seems to accomplish anything.

Seance

Banned
"Game found"

*Accepts*

"2/10 ready"
"Dota2 network is offline"

*waits*

"you failed to ready up and been removed from matchmaking"

Amazing
volvo pls

Dahbomb

Health items are now more important on Alch. He becomes really hard to kill in the mid game if he has an Armlet. Like what ends up happening is that you gank him and if he survives the stun lock he turns on ulti and Armlet suddenly he's like god mode.

Sucks playing Veno against Alch but thank god this isn't a 1v1 game. :D

G.ZZZ

Death Prophet was overbuffed. Ulti is stupidly broken.

I really don't think so. It's a good ultimate, but you can play around and counter it to some extent. Blademails, stack armor, go ghost, necronomicons etc

DP don't even have that high of a winrate in pubs, we just got outplayed and didn't capitalize on the advantages we had enough. And they had a pretty good turtling team etc...

Health items are now more important on Alch. He becomes really hard to kill in the mid game if he has an Armlet. Like what ends up happening is that you gank him and if he survives the stun lock he turns on ulti and Armlet suddenly he's like god mode.

Sucks playing Veno against Alch but thank god this isn't a 1v1 game. :D

Alch is pretty much literally unkillable now if he has Armlet and/or Heart. He simply regens too fast. You need something like AA ult or Necro and if he has a BKB and can fight through that? Forget about it. Plays/builds a bit differently now, but still absurdly strong. I still don't like him as much as other carries, but I think it's safe to say that the changes were better than just a sidegrade if you respond appropriately.

sixghost

Death Prophet was overbuffed. Ulti is stupidly broken. Something like a 5-6% jump in winrate in 6.79 which is HUGE. Same with Venomancer. Both ~57%.

She definitely seems like a pubstomper now. I haven't had a bad game with her since the patch. You can even solo rosh at level 11 if you can do it before 15 minutes.

Dahbomb

I thought Io's winrate was always kinda low like Batrider.

I don't think DP is broken and neither is Lich. A lot of people have a hard on for Lich but he is similar to an OD... he will dominate the laning phase for you but then fall off mid to late game. I think he should be picked in a proper line up with other AOE lockdown like Magnus/Enigma/Void/Disruptor because his ulti is otherwise easily countered.

Deadman

Just played DP for first time since the patch. Wow. That ult. They started to focus me during team fights but we had a dazzle so it never worked.

Death Prophet is even more mindless than Lone Druid at his peak though. Chews though towers way faster than the bear, DK, or even Leshrac. It's "Press R to Kill Building" and if they don't have a glyph they're either losing a tower/rax or taking a huge chunk of damage on it. Lasts 30 seconds (which is absurdly long in Dota time) and is up every 100, so there's only 70 seconds between each one. She can siege high ground with impunity since the spirits will hit the tower no matter what, so you either lose buildings or are forced to engage outside of your base.

Not to mention the best non-ultimate AoE silence, an 1100 range nuke, and bonus movement speed, which is extremely powerful in this version due boots being nerfed overall. Besides the fact that she'll build tanky so if you do jump on her she'll have plenty of EHP to withstand your attacks, after which she can just ult and kite you indefinitely preventing a chase.

Vaporak

Death Prophet is even more mindless than Lone Druid at his peak though. Chews though towers way faster than the bear, DK, or even Leshrac. It's "Press R to Kill Building" and if they don't have a glyph they're either losing a tower/rax or taking a huge chunk of damage on it. Lasts 30 seconds (which is absurdly long in Dota time) and is up every 100, so there's only 70 seconds between each one. She can siege high ground with impunity since the spirits will hit the tower no matter what, so you either lose buildings or are forced to engage outside of your base.

Not to mention the best non-ultimate AoE silence, an 1100 range nuke, and bonus movement speed, which is extremely powerful in this version due boots being nerfed overall. Besides the fact that she'll build tanky so if you do jump on her she'll have plenty of EHP to withstand your attacks, after which she can just ult and kite you indefinitely preventing a chase.

All true in the previous patch to. It's more likely that the patch just made her more popular with low tier players where they don't know how to respond to her really strong early pushing/teamfight power.

Dahbomb

Yea I was about to say, all those things listed applied to her before as well. She still has no real way to stop you from running away/TP away so you need to pair her with a lockdown like Blackhole. Late game the ulti falls off when people start getting more armor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom