• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.

bounchfx

I feel like an ass with so much of this lately, but I can't help but want to share. Take my rares if I'm out of line, or just yell at me to stop ;_;

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=189083397

loadout_anim.gif

It's also got 3 custom animations! 1 loadout, 1 alternate/rare attack, and 1 for his ice shard ability! This one was super fun to make, and we included 'making of' gifs of the model and presentation pieces.

hope you dig it!

Hylian7

Did I mention that I love Lone Druid?

http://dotabuff.com/matches/359120213

This was a complete stomp. I managed to score kills left and right on my lane. I had a play where I was diving Alchemist, Disruptor TPs in, I root Disruptor, he dies quickly. Spirit Breaker is charging Alchemist, we kill him. Kunkka called gg because I was 8-1 in about 10 minutes.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/359194069

This one we lost unfortunately, but man I know I played fucking well this game. We know we lost because we let this go on too long (our trilane had some issues which was pretty much why we lost, had a bad start). I was able to keep us in the game for 52 minutes so Jugg and Gyro could catch up though. i had some great jukes involving myself and the bear, sometimes leading them into our team to kill them right as they had 3-4 people chasing me.

I'm going to make a compilation of these in a video eventually, they felt pretty damn awesome to pull off.

Last game with the Spectre idk how she got so absurdly fat, but whatever it's a win even if I did terrible.

It's hard not to be Mr. Negative though when you're looking at 2 pages of history that are almost completely red.

G.ZZZ

That first pick zeus without banning OD ;-)
gg anyway

Zeus don't even do so bad against OD after the int steal fix (give you back mana when the steal end) since you'll still get your cs with your superior lightning raneg (i got bottle before 2 min and had like 30 cs at 10, standard for zeus). The real disgrace was picking Undying and forgetting about axe lol.

>Game is hard

Yasae

Banned
Last game with the Spectre idk how she got so absurdly fat, but whatever it's a win even if I did terrible.

It's hard not to be Mr. Negative though when you're looking at 2 pages of history that are almost completely red.
Has that been post patch? Because if so, it's not a coincidence.

People started playing again and the skill levels have been considerably higher overall. Nobody's branching out and are folks are generally picking comp teams, heroes they've played 1000000 times or broken, boring pub-stomping shit.

It's made me go back to TF2. Dota 2 is astoundingly trite atm.

G.ZZZ

The worst thing is that being on a bad streak actually make you play worse because you tend to become more self-focused and stop noticing the map etc...
There's nothing to do but actually win some and having a team that actively tp and help all over the place, making you feel like you actually have to play for your teammates.

The important thing to understand is losing games is 99% skill, 1% other things. Maybe 2%. Teamfights you lose aren't heroes that are rigged, are teamfights that you shouldn't have taken, or teamfights were you focused the wrong target etc.. the same is true for 1vs1, laning (if you're unfavoured, play more passive, try to turn that disadvantage into an advantage using yourself as a bait etc...).
Remember to be fluid with your item and skillbuilds. Don't think losing Cs or lane mean losing game, especially if you're on an hero that is a weak laner but is extremely strong in midgame engages, like magnus or invoker etc... With the new EXP change, some heroes like Zeus are much better because even if you lose the lane hard you'll still get that crucial early 6 etc...

>Game is hard for real

EDIT: ferrari disband

Carry Maiden. Crystal Midas.

Clearly my problem is that I haven't been getting Midas enough if that game is anything to go by.

Also the odds on that one were absurd. 28.7 for 4 on rares.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I feel like an ass with so much of this lately, but I can't help but want to share. Take my rares if I'm out of line, or just yell at me to stop ;_;

loadout_anim.gif

It's also got 3 custom animations! 1 loadout, 1 alternate/rare attack, and 1 for his ice shard ability! This one was super fun to make, and we included 'making of' gifs of the model and presentation pieces.

hope you dig it!
What does that one have to do with Korea?

Also, are you guys making anything else flute that collaboration?

Sanic

Really hoping someone can help me with this.

After updating to Windows 8.1 from 7, my mouse sensitivity in-game is extremely high, and after a ton of searching I can't seem to find any way to lower it within Dota 2. Is it possible to fix this, or do I have to lower the windows mouse sensitivity setting every time I want to play?

To be clear this isn't the mouse lag problem that many are reporting. I assume that maybe Win 8 has a higher default mouse sensitivity than 7.

Really hoping someone can help me with this.

After updating to Windows 8.1 from 7, my mouse sensitivity in-game is extremely high, and after a ton of searching I can't seem to find any way to lower it within Dota 2. Is it possible to fix this, or do I have to lower the windows mouse sensitivity setting every time I want to play?

To be clear this isn't the mouse lag problem that many are reporting. I assume that maybe Win 8 has a higher default mouse sensitivity than 7.

I think you need to change it from windows directly. There are programs that gives you more options to set your mouse settings specifically for gaming and could even be customized per game. Might be worth looking into.

Wow this roaming Kunkka of Mouz's was fantastic. And since Dazzle never saw much pro play before, I hadn't even thought of the grave + send back combo with a Chen. That one's cute.

Hylian7

http://dotabuff.com/matches/360138458

Invoker: I'm going to push their rax by myself while they are in our base with a Lone Druid and an AC on their team., this is a totally good idea. Oh wait, I'm a core part of the team's teamfight potential, oh well, keep pushing!

In the time it took him to take one rax, they took two of ours, and we couldn't teamfight them 4v5 as they had Aegis. The game was over right there. I hate it when stupid decisions like this lose us the game.

sixghost

Can Disruptor beat QoP mid if you get high ground wards to glimpse her before she blinks to the rune? There's just not enough time to glimpse if you wait until she's in the river because of the delay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom