• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think you're jumping the gun a bit there, carbonated falcon. Just like those calling for the immediate destruction of Brood.

We'll see, but 5-man early push strats feel extremely powerful in 6.79, especially with the likes of DP and Pugna being on top. They come online too fast for traditional split push to be an effective solution, but directly contesting them isn't easy either since the damage is being dealt with spells from range. Once they get rolling the tower gold and resulting items creates quite an advantage. And you can't really turtle it out either since the high ground will be whittled if not busted down due to low cool down, tower-damaging spells.

Hylian7

dos meepo at quatro anos

But having your second Meepo earlier doesn't make people Michael them any better.

Although I would say it helps with his biggest problem before, which is laning because before laning was always "Survive with the farm you can get and then when you hit 6 things start to pick up." Sometimes this means you already lose the game by the time you hit 6 though.

Artanisix

Consider heroes that can remove them from tower busting range, like elder titan, tinker, or kotl; or use heroes that can threaten them from even getting close, like pudge, clockwerk, naga, and more.

Razzer

When Sand King goes caustic finale first and pushes the lane, when PL pings for you to get out of his lane so axe can be with him when you just said you want to support him as Windrunner, when said 'support' Windrunner has the highest GPM at the end of the game by almost 100 Gold, when you have 5 deaths but all of your team-mates have between 8-15, this, this is when you know your team-mates just sucked.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
What is the go-to trade site you guys use? I'm looking for some stuff I can't get off the Steam marketplace. Maybe I should just bump the trade thread here.

Yasae

Banned
8:37 PM - Yasae: wins since the patch:11
8:38 PM - Yasae: losses since the patch: 22
8:40 PM - Yasae: winrate since the patch: 33.3%

Hylian7

Anyone got tips on playing Visage?

and don't be smartasses about it "don't die" "right click the bad guys"

Here's a little thing I've observed about how most people play. When you play non-micro heroes, most people make small movement clicks right in front of their hero continuously. With micro hero units, you can't really do this when you are about to change your unit selection.

Instead, make bigger movements. For instance, you need to get your Familiars across the map for a gank, so select them and click them on the trees near where you are taking them, then focus on Visage. Once you're actually in the gank, plan all your hero and Familiar movements carefully.

I consider Visage to be the easiest micro hero mainly because his extra units are flying so it's easier to get them in and out of fights because they can just fly over everything.

Gotta get that Super Training done. I've only finished EV training one of my team Pokemon, still working on the second.
I ended up with a 25/X/31/31/31/31 Zapdos so I'm working on that. I figure if I soft-reset for a good Blaziken I can get away with Mega Blaziken, Zapdos and that Greninja I got from here online.

Dreavus

Literally stalking the enemy team in our jungle as Nightstalker with Darkness active is just amazing. It was a full 5 man gank attempt.

We were wondering at first why no one was reacting but then realized it's because they can't see shit.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
100! Getting Scythe, Orchid, and Atos on DP is amazing.

QFPDcpe.png

TheCrow

Haz, sorry for jumping in and out of your party. I was in a 5 stack and somehow left the party during a game. Congats on 100.

What is the go-to trade site you guys use? I'm looking for some stuff I can't get off the Steam marketplace. Maybe I should just bump the trade thread here.
Dota 2 Lounge.

I played a couple of Disruptor games last night, after seeing MMY use him. Before, I don't think I knew how to use him properly, but last night was great. Glimpse is such a powerful spell, you can either take one of their players out of an engagement, or bring them back when they're running away for an easy kill. Also, using Glimpse on people who TP in never gets old. They should know better though. In one of the games, they had a Clockwerk. He hooked me a couple of times and cogged, but I just glimpsed him back whence he came. In both, I managed to get enough farm for an Aghs (after support items, Arcane + Mek). They were basically already over, but still funny to use the area effect doom.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Wow, you only had 2 kills Sanjay? It felt like you really did work at times. I think Half my kills were because in the time it took me to fire an arrow to when it arrived, Milk bursted the guy down 90%.

Dire, why didn't you just push earlier? You had a huge advantage for like 30 minutes and were too scared you would lose, then got split pushed to death anyway.

Wow, you only had 2 kills Sanjay? It felt like you really did work at times. I think Half my kills were because in the time it took me to fire an arrow to when it arrived, Milk bursted the guy down 90%.

Dire, why didn't you just push earlier? You had a huge advantage for like 30 minutes and were too scared you would lose, then got split pushed to death anyway.
Meepo could rax and tp back in to defend, we would've had to go all in. Pretty sure he had more physical dps than all of us 30 min in.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Meepo could rax and tp back in to defend, we would've had to go all in. Pretty sure he had more physical dps than all of us 30 min in.

Maybe, I guess you never had that great of an advantage pulling up the chart:
102613chart.jpg

Also, Sanjay would not go along with my plan to stand in the radiance with my Mjorner shield on him :(

Maybe, I guess you never had that great of an advantage pulling up the chart:
102613chart.jpg

Also, Sanjay would not go along with my plan to stand in the radiance with my Mjorner shield on him :(
If people had tps we would've won there at the end :(.

Actually, we should've tried to race him, at that point i think we could throne faster.

Chris R

Ok, so Medusa might be my favorite hero now. People just don't focus me down, I get my alt off and just fucking melt them. Would have bought a rapier this last game but the creeps destroyed the ancient too quickly :(

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
If people had tps we would've won there at the end :(.

Actually, we should've tried to race him, at that point i think we could throne faster.

I think you are right, they took a really long time to kill off those Towers, and I couldn't do anything to stop you.

sixghost

Now that I think about it, I should have built a manta style in that game. Or maybe even a deso, since all i was doing was split pushing.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Now that I think about it, I should have built a manta style in that game. Or maybe even a deso, since all i was doing was split pushing.

I'm suprsied it you didn't grab an AC till the very end, since it lowers the armor of buildings, and makes you even more unkillable. I think you held onto that blink for too long.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
When I first started, autobuy didn't even have anything in it and was basically, but I think valve realized almost everyone just put TP scroll in the slot, and made it the default. I guess not many people would realize you could change it.

sixghost

I'm suprsied it you didn't grab an AC till the very end, since it lowers the armor of buildings, and makes you even more unkillable. I think you held onto that blink for too long.

Blink helps me escape very quickly when I see TPs coming in, and is pretty necessary for team fights. I really only sell it in extremely drawn out games like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom