• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Had a Nyx hex me then miss his Impale. Nerf confirmed.

Also had a great game where I did really well as Kunkka, messed up a few times, but totally won the game alongside BH. Focused on LH, rotated with TP, kept up on runes. Super happy. Landed a ton of boats. 55 minutes back and forth.

VaNt4uC.png

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Had some great game yesterday with a buddy, we went venge + tusk top and wrecked shit.

Those GAF games are organized from the mumble server I take?

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Always seem to manage to get one good win at the end of every marathon Dota session that makes me almost forget that I just lost half dozen games in a row...

This new mass Midas + Necro book strat is invalidating everything I ever knew about Dota. Can someone enlighten me about what the theoretical benefit of a 25 minute midas on a support Naga Siren is? Or Mass Necro books against a farmed Luna with BKB?

Razzer

6.79 - The Dawn of a New Age..

The Age of Midas.

And the weirdest thing is it didn't change in the patch at all. Only indirect buffs like the faster gold gain have really done anything. You have to wonder if given a few weeks will pro teams figure out how to punish this most effectively, because surely it can't actually be a legit strat.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
6.79 - The Dawn of a New Age..

The Age of Midas.

I like it. I'm getting shades of PL/KotL meta complaining though. People are complaining before the meta figures out mass necro and midas support and itll get nerfed in a 6.79 addendum instead of being naturally processed.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Mass necro is legit, but I don't know about late support Midas.

The one thing about necro is that it kept getting buffed to try and make up for Midas and Helm murdering the item. Removing those counters has now left us with a super buffed necrobook.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
The one thing about necro is that it kept getting buffed to try and make up for Midas and Helm murdering the item. Removing those counters has now left us with a super buffed necrobook.
The thing is, they weren't even that great of a counter to start with, especially in pub games, Midas is usually just spammed every time it is off cool down and isn't saved just for necro, and being able to even dom a necro is something most didn't even seem to know they could do.

Ultrabum

The thing is, they weren't even that great of a counter to start with, especially in pub games, Midas is usually just spammed every time it is off cool down and isn't saved just for necro, and being able to even dom a necro is something most didn't even seem to know they could do.

Ya, it's was about as common as diffusal blade being user on warlock ult.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.

Im pretty sure most people knew you could dom a necro and there where plenty of helm users in the safe lane and mid. No one even bought them to test that knowledge in the first place. That combined with Midas rushes and Enchant/Chen/Doom usage meant we were never gonna see someone buy a 5k gold item that could so easily be rendered not just useless but aid the enemy team. They werent even buying/using them to counter necro books, these heroes and items were good enough to be in comp dota regardless of whether necro was effected by them or not.

Nymerio

Two games in a row with rage quitters. The first was a Lycan who rage quit after he thought he could take on four heroes in their jungle. We actually managed to turn that game around and won it.

The second game we played limited heroes, had a Drow and a Sniper. Sniper wanted mid, but the drow wanted too. So the sniper goes top and lets Drow have mid. She goes to the 00:00 rune, it's a DD. She gets the rune but a Razor is there as well. She dies to the Razor and the Witch Doctor who came to help. She rage quits. A couple minutes in our Vengeful disconnects as well, so we where down to me on Lich, a friend on Bounty Hunter and a random Sniper. We then managed to rax them and even had their ancient exposed. 45 Minutes or so in the Drow reconnects and starts to feed herself to them. Didn't even mind losing that game, the best part was seeing on the scoreboard that they were a five stack.

I think losing so much in the new patch must've dropped my MMR by a fuckload so I'm now fully engulfed in the trench. And worse teammates = less chance of winning. It's a vicious circle.

Got paired with a Lycan who didn't get wolves until he maxed everything else. He was laning, but still.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Morphling was the last hero left that I'd only played one time, and I was putting it off because I really didn't like him. Played him again this morning and had an absolute blast. Feel like a fool now.

Sliver

What do you guys think about binging heroes Admiral Bulldog style? I kind of feel like playing a fuck ton of Shadow Fiend games in a row (like 50-100) but I'm not sure how conducive it really is.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
What do you guys think about binging heroes Admiral Bulldog style? I kind of feed like playing a fuck ton of Shadow Fiend games in a row (like 50-100) but I'm not sure how conducive it really is.

I'm sure there's pros and cons to your skill level if you do that, but frankly I wouldn't because I really wouldn't enjoy it. The thing I most enjoy about this game is the variety of heroes I can play.

Dahbomb

Necrobook making a comeback was bound to happen with the Midas/HotD nerfs.

Altnough something like a 4-5 man Necrobook strat will only happen if one to team is ahead by a lot and it will lead to a faster game which is good. I do look forward to a game where there are more than 5 Necros total both sides.

Saw them on Bloodseeker a while ago, wasn't that bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom