• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

fiore

Banned
Time Warner Cable fucks up again, reconnect to ancient falling...

To recap that makes a 9 game loss streak and 3 games Time Warner Cable has lost me (for sure) in the same day. Granted this one was lost probably regardless, the fact that I got disconnected while defending base and came back to the ancient falling seals the deal.

One more try for tonight, no matter how this one goes I'm going to bed after it.
Gotta stop playing all pick

dmshaposv

In my near 400 games of Dota 2, I don't think I have ever seen a FV hard carry my team.

I've seen some successful FVs. and I have around 400 games too.

The biggest fail I see is usually a jungling Lifestealer. Every single one of them chooses a LS after carries are already picked, calls jungle, never gets midas on time (should'nt even get this item but they want to build one anyway) and then come into the lane 7-8 mins later to feed themselves to enemies levelled above them. Also, they fucking level feast over rage and open wounds and have no way to successfully gank.

IceMarker

Don't worry guys, Hylian finally broke the loss streak with some good ol' Prophet-dota.

4nKqWeE.gif

Does anyone remember a competitive game that had a DK buy a Blink Dagger and single-handedly win the game with one stun while pushing rax? That was an amazing game and I can't remember who played it for the life of me.

F#A#Oo

Banned
I've seen some successful FVs. and I have around 400 games too.

The biggest fail I see is usually a jungling Lifestealer. Every single one of them chooses a LS after carries are already picked, calls jungle, never gets midas on time (should'nt even get this item but they want to build one anyway) and then come into the lane 7-8 mins later to feed themselves to enemies levelled above them. Also, they fucking level feast over rage and open wounds and have no way to successfully gank.

Jungle LS is okish-good...the problem with most pub LS picks is they don't use QB to cut trees so they only get hit by 1 creep etc and add bad pulls and not ganking when appropriate and obviously they'll come out under-levelled and farmed.

Jungle LS takes more work but it is very viable.

Lane is better though obviously...

Zeknurn

Time Warner Cable fucks up again, reconnect to ancient falling...

To recap that makes a 9 game loss streak and 3 games Time Warner Cable has lost me (for sure) in the same day. Granted this one was lost probably regardless, the fact that I got disconnected while defending base and came back to the ancient falling seals the deal.

One more try for tonight, no matter how this one goes I'm going to bed after it.

good-will-hunting-its-not-your-fault.jpg

Does anyone remember a competitive game that had a DK buy a Blink Dagger and single-handedly win the game with one stun while pushing rax? That was an amazing game and I can't remember who played it for the life of me.

Yes, I remember that game. I'm pretty sure it was MiTH-Trust vs some other SEA team in the Eastern Qualifiers for TI3. MiTH are a really fun team to watch (LaKelz invented Blink Clinkz), too bad they are not in a lof of tournaments nowadays.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Jungle Lifestealer isn't as good as lane, but in my earlier days before I knew that I had some absolutely fantastic games playing him in the jungle. If you're not an absolute idiot, and the other team is (leaves you alone in jungle for 15 minutes or so, doesn't cause trouble in lanes so you don't even have to leave), you've pretty much won the game already.

DarkKyo

It almost killed me but I have one final Spring item. I know it's past the deadline but I just worked for about 30 hours straight on it so I hope Valve adds the Spring2014 tag to it!!

Sin Song

1dbel6Ol.jpg

It already has, for 8 cents. It's only uncommon and I think it dropped for a month or so.

Oh hey, someone made practical, not boob cup armor for Legion

If you buy them all you could control the hatchet market for years to come!

Not sure about the helm but I really like the armor on her. While I am not too fond of the actual theme, the idea of a themed event seems to be a real success in regards to the workshop. I really hope this kicks off a new trend.

dmshaposv

I've been waiting for months for this to be added in either chests or a buyable pack.

Has been accepted and is even in the files, dont know what valve is planning to do with it

Cosmetic_icon_Bloodstone_Blade.png

inkls

So out of curiosity, what are heroes that counters Dazzle's shallow grave? I know Axe can still get the kill with his ult if the hp is below the threshold and that Ancient Apparition's ult kills when you get below a certain percentage of your Hp. Any others or is that all of them?

Also, anyone think Sun Wukong will be released as part of the event? Seems appropriate although we haven't seen anything from him in Dota 2. More progress has already been done on Pit lord (abilites are in and so are textures I believe) and Terrorblade has been hinted since frostivus, we've also seen phoenix textures too, but he/she comes from Greek mythology, not Chinese (you could say the same about pit lord and terrorblade though).

Thinking about it, anyone think the foufell shards will lead up to a demon themed event where Abyssal Underlord, Terrorblade would be released and Shadowfiend would get his visual update. It seems it has been a trend since the 3 spirit update to release one (or two) hero(es) and update another one visually. (3 spirits had storm, wraith night had skeleton king remade into WK with LC released at the same time).

So out of curiosity, what are heroes that counters Dazzle's shallow grave? I know Axe can still get the kill with his ult if the hp is below the threshold and that Ancient Apparition's ult kills when you get below a certain percentage of your Hp. Any others or is that all of them?

That's all of them as far as I know. Dazzle's really lacking in a lot of departments, at least his Shallow Grave is somewhat good.

Razzer

Also, anyone think Sun Wukong will be released as part of the event? Seems appropriate although we haven't seen anything from him in Dota 2. More progress has already been done on Pit lord (abilites are in and so are textures I believe) and Terrorblade has been hinted since frostivus, we've also seen phoenix textures too, but he/she comes from Greek mythology, not Chinese (you could say the same about pit lord and terrorblade though).

Thinking about it, anyone think the foufell shards will lead up to a demon themed event where Abyssal Underlord, Terrorblade would be released and Shadowfiend would get his visual update. It seems it has been a trend since the 3 spirit update to release one (or two) hero(es) and update another one visually. (3 spirits had storm, wraith night had skeleton king remade into WK with LC released at the same time).

Not a direct counter but any DoT spell that outlasts the grave will still get the kill as long as they aren't healed during the grave.

JustinBB7

Back from ban, finally can use dark theme again!

Haven't played as much Dota after I started Dark Souls (..and played through it twice) but getting back to it now. Starladder was fun.

Acinixys

Übermatik;97929395 said:
Could I get one? I like it.

Im sorry, i traded one today for some juggernaught pants

:/

Why not buy one? Less than 10c on the market

Not a direct counter but any DoT spell that outlasts the grave will still get the kill as long as they aren't healed during the grave.

Someones graved? Urn them. Almost 100% kill confirmed

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
An interesting side effect of removing single pieces from the shop is that this item is basically unobtainable anymore and was only available for a month and a half
It's in the drop pool, and can be bought on the market. Hopefully red moon got paid something decent up front for it though, they basically got shafted on it

It's in the drop pool, and can be bought on the market. Hopefully red moon got paid something decent up front for it though, they basically got shafted on it

The Wolfhound Rifle and Feathered Naginata are in the same boat, but both were on sale for longer (the Naginata doesn't drop anymore). Plus some of the really old items

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom