• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really think Valve could be handling their store stuff a lot better than they are right now.
I have no idea how the Elder Shield creator is getting paid. His item was never sold, isn't marked accepted, but is sold on the market. In theory, he should be getting paidfrom market transactions, but probably isn't because they wouldn't have his payment info because that form only shows up when you have an item accepted

Another thing is that contributors have no idea what their item is selling. There's no way to check if the payment was correct because you have no idea. I don't assume I'm being shafted, but I'd still like to see some sales figures for my own items for my own financial records, even if it's behind an NDA.

Radec

An interesting side effect of removing single pieces from the shop is that this item is basically unobtainable anymore and was only available for a month and a half

I've checked that in D2Lounge and I got 20pages of trades. Even saw a 1:1 uncommon for that axe. lol

So no, that item will never be more valuable as it is right now even if it is no longer unobtainable. There's too much of that item to become rare.

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
What about deso + cuirass? (maybe as 3rd-4th items, not counting wands, boots, drums,etc)

Just asking after seeing this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QmZFKv59pY

at 3:00

edit: unless armor reduction doesn't stack, in which case what about ac vs deso?

It stacks, the only reason it's not bought as often is that it lacks attack speed. Most people want to make sure to get some AS on every item just for the ulti. Going something like phase, drum, ags, deso would leave you with very few bonus attacks.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I've checked that in D2Lounge and I got 20pages of trades. Even saw a 1:1 uncommon for that axe. lol

So no, that item will never be valuable even if it is no longer unobtainable. There's too much of that item to become rare.

Unless valve decides to retroactivally add the animations that they subbmitted onto a Kinectic gem.

manfestival

I am glad I don't draft. I seriously have no clue who counters who. I just play the game and I manage to play the characters well enough and have a general knowledge to not suck. I wouldnt say im great but I can be good!

G.ZZZ

Now draft, win lane handily, see supports start roaming around without even taking lane tower first, feed kills, give them comeback and lose.

The trench is forever.

FtHTiny

Now draft, win lane handily, see supports start roaming around without even taking lane tower first, feed kills, give them comeback and lose.

The trench is forever.

I was playing against you twice today. To bad that the first time valve didn´t let me reconnect.
Second game i was laughing when i saw your captain took drow.

Is there a huge difference in skill between 3K and 3.3K MMR? My friend was obnoxiously trying to make the argument that he's in a higher bracket than me despite the fact that we both play 90% of our games together when I'm playing (Prior to mid Dec, I took a 3 month break from DOTA while he played nonstop).

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
All the starladder sheever interviews:

Why do so many DOTA commentators start sentences with "we're going to have a little of" or "with a little bit of." Like Luminous does it too, it's this weird non-native English speaking nervous twitch.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
ROX.XIS vs VP has an interesting Game 2 lineup and positions.
http://www.twitch.tv/d2l

OzgRHf7.png

Is there a huge difference in skill between 3K and 3.3K MMR? My friend was obnoxiously trying to make the argument that he's in a higher bracket than me despite the fact that we both play 90% of our games together when I'm playing (Prior to mid Dec, I took a 3 month break from DOTA while he played nonstop).
Not really imo

I am glad I don't draft. I seriously have no clue who counters who. I just play the game and I manage to play the characters well enough and have a general knowledge to not suck. I wouldnt say im great but I can be good!
You can't start to not suck until you try it! Just get a five man stack together and go for it.

It's really fun in my opinion.

I'm bad at it, but I think it's fun.

It was recoloed in november or so. It half went in.. kinda? I'm surprised it hasn't officially been released yet. I'm also curious how long it will be after the china event before we see normal content releases again. I'm sure the china update will be massive.

Idunno

This is a re-occurring issue with the workshop. They accept items well before they actually ship, and sometimes it takes a year or more to get them out

Acinixys

Just played with the worst shitter ive ever come across in DotA 2

We all pick, Viper calls mid and so goes to T1 mid

Guy lasts picks jugger
Goes mid
Steals Vipers farm and feeds 1st blood to Pudge
Viper goes top
Jugger lanes for 2 more mins and then abandons mid and goes to jungle
JUNGLES FOR 25 MINUTES, goes back to base every 1 min to regen because he didnt get vlads
Does nothing to help the entire game, jungles from 15 mins to 40
We win 4v5 because they had 2 total noobs in their team

He also spammed missing non stop. He must have set a macro to spam it because it was continuous

http://dotabuff.com/matches/478516389

Procarbine

Forever Platinum

No there isn't, your friend is in the same bracket as you.

http://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/1vri6c/accepted_items_on_the_workshop_that_are_not_in/cev9k87
Hello sir, i'm the creator of Naga Swords, i did talk with the guy who accepted my item why my item is not in the chest and hes answer was "The addition of crafting complicated dropping paired weapons sets. It'll go out eventually, just not sure when." And sadly i don't think the item we ever be in the shop at this point. By the way a friend of mine who published his Riki Daggers at the same time as mine didn't make it. Thank you for creating this post.
Well that's... unfortunate and explains the unused Riki, Naga and Bloodseeker items all added in the same update

No there isn't, your friend is in the same bracket as you.

Not really imo

I am curious though what the variance in scores are due to. We pretty much play 90% of our games together. The only difference is that he has like 45 or so more games than me.

Not a chance those textures are that high quality once Valve adds it.

Does Valve downgrade the texture quality once it's added into the game or is this more of a bullshot by the author?

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I am curious though what the variance in scores are due to. We pretty much play 90% of our games together. The only difference is that he has like 45 or so more games than me.

Seems like you get about +25 MMR per win so if he has more games than you and has a few hundred more MMR it's probably just coming from the difference in his win/loss record compared to you. Or he's just better than you, in which case you should get good.

Seems like you get about +25 MMR per win so if he has more games than you and has a few hundred more MMR it's probably just coming from the difference in his win/loss record compared to you. Or he's just better than you, in which case you should get good.

Does the unranked MMR work the same way as ranked or do we not know? I remember Valve writing that factors outside of W/L are accounted for in calculating MMR but that doesn't seem to be the case in ranked MMR (everyone on the winning team seems to get the same score regardless of performance).

Sanjay

So I decided to try out Lycan, what a hero.
iblwJuBRBz2tUn.png

The key to playing him is to whack buildings as much as you can and you end up winning.

Spookie

Why are 2 random groups and me queuing vs a 5 stack? At least they spoke English I guess. One out of two, I guess it's a start.

How do you guys play Furion?

Off-lane solo, preferably vs. another solo. You will win 1v1 on almost anybody form early levels, plus you'll get an extremely early tower if their trilane is too focused on their carry.
Solo vs. a trilane is often difficult, because your treants end up being free gold to the carry, but if your micro is good enough and you're confident, this can work too.

Otherwise, jungle.

Otherwise, cliff jungle.

Wait, no.

Hylian7

Übermatik;97973297 said:
Off-lane solo, preferably vs. another solo. You will win 1v1 on almost anybody form early levels, plus you'll get an extremely early tower if their trilane is too focused on their carry.
Solo vs. a trilane is often difficult, because your treants end up being free gold to the carry, but if your micro is good enough and you're confident, this can work too.

Otherwise, jungle.

Otherwise, cliff jungle.

Wait, no.

The last NP I saw do this had a total of 146 tower damage...IN 50 MINUTES.

Also I'm streaming, finally got that win last night, now lets hopefully turn it into a streak.

I mentioned the other day to some friends that it would be nice if Valve permanently cut the price of all of the old, expensive sets.

They seem to have done so for most of them!

Razzer

Übermatik;97973297 said:

Otherwise, jungle.

Otherwise, cliff jungle.

Wait, no.

In recent times the cliff jingling prophets I've met have been better than normal ones. They constantly tp in to lane to gank and counter gank. It's weird. The normal ones sit in jungle and afk farm all day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom