• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sven is one of those carries that can really own your entire team if you're not careful. You think about him early mid as like. "Ok guys just stay spread out so he can't stun us and we can take him down"

Then by 40 mins He can solo the entire team with the cleave damage and attack speed no matter what you do lol

Sven is one of those carries that can really own your entire team if you're not careful. You think about him early mid as like. "Ok guys just stay spread out so he can't stun us and we can take him down"

Then by 40 mins He can solo the entire team with the cleave damage and attack speed no matter what you do lol

Ganking in the safe lane with Sven in the early game or getting first blood always feels hilarious. "I got enough mana for one stun, and I saved it just for you".

Just admitting I'm noob and getting a quelling blade for Sven improved my experience with him a lot.

Why is Terrorblade's illusion ability set to make one of him?
//TERRORBLADE
"DOTA_Tooltip_ability_terrorblade_reflection" "Reflection"
"DOTA_Tooltip_ability_terrorblade_reflection_Description" "Terrorblade brings forth a dark reflection of all enemy units in a small area. Affected units are slowed and attacked by their reflections for 5 seconds."
"DOTA_Tooltip_ability_terrorblade_reflection_Lore" ""
"DOTA_Tooltip_ability_terrorblade_reflection_illusion_duration" "ILLUSION DURATION:"
"DOTA_Tooltip_ability_terrorblade_reflection_illusion_outgoing_tooltip" "%ILLUSION DAMAGE:"
"DOTA_Tooltip_ability_terrorblade_reflection_move_slow" "%MOVE SLOW:"
"DOTA_Tooltip_ability_terrorblade_conjure_image" "Conjure Image"
"DOTA_Tooltip_ability_terrorblade_conjure_image_Description" "Terrorblade creates an illusion of himself."
"DOTA_Tooltip_ability_terrorblade_conjure_image_Lore" ""
"DOTA_Tooltip_ability_terrorblade_conjure_image_illusion_incoming_damage" "%ILLUSION DAMAGE RECIEVED:"
"DOTA_Tooltip_ability_terrorblade_conjure_image_illusion_duration" "DURATION:"
"DOTA_Tooltip_ability_terrorblade_conjure_image_illusion_outgoing_tooltip" "%ILLUSION DAMAGE DEALT:"
"DOTA_Tooltip_ability_terrorblade_metamorphosis" "Metamorphosis"
"DOTA_Tooltip_ability_terrorblade_metamorphosis_Description" "Transforms Terrorblade into a powerful Demon with a ranged attack."
"DOTA_Tooltip_ability_terrorblade_metamorphosis_Lore" ""
"DOTA_Tooltip_ability_terrorblade_metamorphosis_transformation_time" "TRANFORMATION TIME:"
"DOTA_Tooltip_ability_terrorblade_metamorphosis_base_attack_time" "BASE ATTACK TIME:"
"DOTA_Tooltip_ability_terrorblade_metamorphosis_bonus_range" "BONUS RANGE:"
"DOTA_Tooltip_ability_terrorblade_metamorphosis_duration" "DURATION:"
"DOTA_Tooltip_ability_terrorblade_sunder" "Sunder"
"DOTA_Tooltip_ability_terrorblade_sunder_Description" "Sunder severs the soul from both Terrorblade and a target hero, then exchanges them, carrying part of the units' life forces. The percentage hit points of each unit are switched with the souls. Some hit points must remain."
"DOTA_Tooltip_ability_terrorblade_sunder_Lore" ""
"DOTA_Tooltip_ability_terrorblade_sunder_hit_point_minimum_pct" "%MIN HP LEFT FOR TARGET:"

And apparently you can set him to be playable and conjure image makes an illusion of him, not his enemy.

It's probably just old code, but it'd be kind of interesting if this was a 6.8 change

In recent times the cliff jingling prophets I've met have been better than normal ones. They constantly tp in to lane to gank and counter gank. It's weird. The normal ones sit in jungle and afk farm all day.

I have only once seen a genuinely good Prophet cliff jungler. His farm was decent 20 minutes in.

But don't do it kids, seriously. If you're jungling, work towards that 6 minute Midas instead. Gloves of Haste, Clarities, go. That'll kick-start whatever you want to do with him.

Skab

Why is Terrorblade's illusion ability set to make one of him?

And apparently you can set him to be playable and conjure image makes an illusion of him, not his enemy.

It's probably just old code, but it'd be kind of interesting if this was a 6.8 change

Because that's what it does?

You're looking at the description of Conjure Image. Reflection, which is above it in that list, is the skill that makes images of enemies.

Übermatik;97978076 said:
I have only once seen a genuinely good Prophet cliff jungler. His farm was decent 20 minutes in.

But don't do it kids, seriously. If you're jungling, work towards that 6 minute Midas instead. Gloves of Haste, Clarities, go. That'll kick-start whatever you want to do with him.

RoB and two clarities are a better way to go. Sure you can probably eek out a fast midas with gloves of haste and two clarities but you're vulnerable to being ganked in the jungle and are less inclined to gank early on. AFK jungling NP's are the absolute worst.

Hylian7

So apparently the ancient doesn't blow up if you 5-man disconnect in Ranked. We just had a 5-man GAF stack delay ending a game after a team did that just so the first one that left got the abandon.

G.ZZZ

Void no bkb, i farmed eul + sheep as a support against him, and our carries still managed to throw it. The wonders of the trench, forever and ever.

FACE

Banned
It feels horrible when you and the guy you're paired up with are doing well in the lane, but the rest of the team still manages to ruin the match.

bounchfx

To be honest I don't even buy the "in game" video, it looks like he modified the game files and is using higher quality textures then valve would use in game.

This actually is possible, if I remember correctly? I'm too lazy to actually do that, and I believe in showing it off in game so people will see what they would be getting. I have no idea if he's doing it in those screenshots though.

Razzer

http://dotabuff.com/matches/478781333

Gotta love when you get a good performance in. I'm loving Bounty since I started playing him, a quick level 6 and you can stomp through track gold. He's quite squishy late game and sieging is hard, but on the open terrain I'm a monster. That said in this game Riki was saving all his diffusal charges to get rid of track which was hella annoying.

Pratfall

I didn't really read that MMR post in its entirety. What was the logic behind not have Ranked Random Draft? It is by far my favorite mode.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Code:
Code:
Code:
Code:
Code:
Code:
Code:
Code:
Code:
Code:
Code:
Code:
Code:
Code:
Code:
I didn't really read that MMR post in its entirety. What was the logic behind not have Ranked Random Draft? It is by far my favorite mode.
They don't really give one.

Where the link for this, trying to read into it so I can be crushed on thursday.

http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=107817&page=5523&p=934443#post934443

WhaleRum Volunteer Moderator said:
Get hyped. Patch this week.

He follows it up with: http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=107817&page=5525&p=934509&viewfull=1#post934509

Anyways I asked him when we would get the patch and he said this week. All the maintenance is done and the last maintenance is all on Tuesday. Test client on Wednesday.

Get hyped. I'm telling you.

bounchfx

interesting.. I can see it going two ways. Because there's such a massive amount of content I can totally see one patch this week, then another next week/on the 31st. Or, starting on the 31st and another 1-2 weeks from them. Maybe some items go in before the 'even't, then the rest of the items + new heroes on the 31st. Donno, but I'm excited!!

interesting.. I can see it going two ways. Because there's such a massive amount of content I can totally see one patch this week, then another next week/on the 31st. Or, starting on the 31st and another 1-2 weeks from them. Maybe some items go in before the 'even't, then the rest of the items + new heroes on the 31st. Donno, but I'm excited!!

SFM series made by Valve that chronicles the story of Antimage and Terrorblade, with dollar goals to hold them hostage unless we buy enough spring sets.

The patch for the actual event and patches for more cosmetic updates don't need to be related to each other do they?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom