• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anuxinamoon

Shaper Divine
After reddit ripped me a new one on my LC set, I had to make some hair colour styles and no horse shoulder styles for them, and even a loading screen!

>Game is Hard!

But I'm glad it's done and everyone gets more options! It's pretty cool how much you can customise stuff now :)

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
After reddit ripped me a new one on my LC set, I had to make some hair colour styles and no horse shoulder styles for them, and even a loading screen!

>Game is Hard!

But I'm glad it's done and everyone gets more options! It's pretty cool how much you can customise stuff now :)

What were their complaints?

shira

Oh my EE-sama, someone with a lower MMR than me

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=219383827

>Game is Hard!

Awww, I liked your stance of - "this is what I do". Can you imagine Picasso changing his art for upvotes. . . Zzz

Artanisix

>Game is Hard!

b-but i thought reddit said item creators just feign interest in feedback for their sets

I had someone get pissed at me for "stealing his runes" the other day. I got kills from both runes I took so I decide to let him have the next one. So at 8 minutes I check bot...no rune. So I say hey man top rune and ping it out so he knows it's there. Doesn't move. The rune, man, if you want it go get it. Nope. So it sits there for about a minute then his opponent leaves and grabs the DD sitting top and goes to gank top.

This game sometimes, man. :/ Just people trying their hardest to find something to be mad at.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
b-but i thought reddit said item creators just feign interest in feedback for their sets
Content was planned all along to make reddit feel their opinion mattered.

Edit: Ok, for reals now that I can look at the new items. I like the new Pauldrons more, but am still a big fan of the Pink Hair over the Brown Hair. Wish the loading screen had the pink hair in it though.

How do you stop people from building the exact same build every time?

Give them free hats for doing appropriate builds

>Game is Hard!

So the dual blade look isn't exclusive to the arcana?

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Fucking fuck I just lost to my two least favorite heroes at the moment, Natures Prophet and Slark, in a 70 minute game that I tried desperately to make some headway in as Tinker.

I fucking fucking hate Hoard Mode Dota. There's none of the exciting dynamism that brings me to play MOBAs, just push out, pushed back, push out, pushed back, repeated ad nasuem over fifty minutes until you make a slight mistake and then two rax are gone in two minutes

Razzer

Fucking fuck I just lost to my two least favorite heroes at the moment, Natures Prophet and Slark, in a 70 minute game that I tried desperately to make some headway in as Tinker.

I fucking fucking hate Hoard Mode Dota. There's none of the exciting dynamism that brings me to play MOBAs, just push out, pushed back, push out, pushed back, repeated ad nasuem over fifty minutes until you make a slight mistake and then two rax are gone in two minutes

Hoard Mode?

I'll tell you what kind of rat dota is the most frustrating is Naga pushes where they push and push until you attack and then Naga ults and they all tp until the timer is back up on and on. Doesn't seem to happen too often but fuck that shit.

Randdalf

Nah, regular old rat dota is annoying but it takes a hero like Natures Prophet or Phantom Lancer to transform it into a full on, every lane pushing at once, inevitable slide to defeat that I liken to a hoard mode

It makes it all the more satisfying when you wipe them, storm down middle and take their rax. Although you really need a certain hero lineup to achieve that. Sniper with a Maelstrom has been one I've found is effective at doing well against siege strategies.

dmshaposv

While I do like Anuxi didn't make yet another "chinese dragon" New year themed set, the horses do make it look more Roman than Chinese.

Besides the helmet, I think the horses need to be used sparingly. I have the same crit for the person who made the silencer-looking dragon LC set. Too many fucking dragons all over the place.

ElyrionX

They could do it next week, you know, have the Chinese New Year patch launch when its Chinese New year?

Then the patch would have to launch on Thursday because going by the usual timeline of patch updates, most of the countries that actually do celebrate CNY would already be well into CNY if they launch it on Friday.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Too many horses and they all have a problem with pink hair lol

GOODBYE HOORSSESSS

I really enjoyed the helmet design that you made. Not sure where all the hate on the reddit thread was coming from.

The only thing I thought could be toned down was the mane on the weapon.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
soul ring on support alch, yay or neigh?
seems like it would become redundant the moment you hit 6.

I would say its good until you hit level 11, the bonus mana regen at level 6 sort of sucks. Soul ring can basically make it so you never have to go back to base. But if you are money starved, just skip the thing.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Phantom Lancer, Nature's Prophet, Spirit Breaker, Clinkz, Riki

That was an awful game to play against

Quesa

Here's a quick Brood nerf I've been thinking about: if the enemy can see you, you do not have free pathing. So if someone dusts or sentries you in the web, you don't have an easy out that allows you to keep pushing once the enemy gives up searching for you. If you ward properly and see them coming, you can still get away, but it's not as free anymore.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I just feel that Brood shouldn't be able to go outside of areas you can gain access to, but outside of that I think that her webs are fine and still feel she is too weak.

Anuxinamoon

Shaper Divine
Do you think Alchs Concoction will get a slight nerf in the next balance changes? What other stuns are unavoidable with huge range and AOE?

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Do you think Alchs Concoction will get a slight nerf in the next balance changes? What other stuns are unavoidable with huge range and AOE?

Given my history with Dota every time I start liking a hero they get nerfed to shit so I'm sure next patch Alch's ult will give him negative regen and his stun will only be able to hit himself.

Given my history with Dota every time I start liking a hero they get nerfed to shit so I'm sure next patch Alch's ult will give him negative regen and his stun will only be able to hit himself.

it's currently bugged so it can't explode midair. That's why you can wait until there's less than 1 second left and just chuck it for a massive nuke. In Dota 1 it will explode correctly when the timer hits 0, no matter where it happens to be.

I think that is gonna be a pretty significant nerf, especially to the uber popular support Alch.

dmshaposv

Phantom Lancer, Nature's Prophet, Spirit Breaker, Clinkz, Riki

That was an awful game to play against

Stop playing AP man. At least in RD not all of these heroes would be available at the same time or someone from your team might've picked one of them.

Also, gank the shit out of that prophet early game.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Stop playing AP man. At least in RD not all of these heroes would be available at the same time or someone from your team might've picked one of them.

Also, gank the shit out of that prophet early game.

It was RD...

We did well early game getting a good kill advantage, but later on there was no way to pin them down anywhere.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
it's currently bugged so it can't explode midair. That's why you can wait until there's less than 1 second left and just chuck it for a massive nuke. In Dota 1 it will explode correctly when the timer hits 0, no matter where it happens to be.

I think that is gonna be a pretty significant nerf, especially to the uber popular support Alch.

That sounds like a fair way for it to act, but yeah that's going to basically ruin that hero in the competitive scene.

dmshaposv

It was RD...

We did well early game getting a good kill advantage, but later on there was no way to pin them down anywhere.

Late game even a horrible NP and PL player, can win easily. :(

I would've forced a 5 man push mid asap, since Riki and Clinkz would need to gank lone heroes to be effective and NP/PL need farm. Since I dont know your hero comp I can't say.

Clinkz and Riki on one team together are annoying as hell tho. Had some russians basically ambush our team with this combo several times till they got out of control.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
That sounds like a fair way for it to act, but yeah that's going to basically ruin that hero in the competitive scene.

How does that ruin the hero at all? It fixes the hero. Alch is probably one of the, if not the most broken support in the game right now. The most minor of nerfs would be to fix concoction so that it can explode mid-air--that's getting off light, hero would still be insanely strong IMO.

Well it's a good thing dota is at it's fastest pace ever, and rarely do games go so late. Push/five man lineups are the name of the game this meta and it's a major reason why PL and other hard carries are complete ass in competitive.

Lose the laning phase horribly? It's ok, doesn't matter as long as you picked a team that can group up and bulldoze buildings 8 minutes into the game!

Nymerio

I would've forced a 5 man push mid asap, since Riki and Clinkz would need to gank lone heroes to be effective and NP/PL need farm. Since I dont know your hero comp I can't say.

Clinkz and Riki on one team together are annoying as hell tho. Had some russians basically ambush our team with this combo several times till they got out of control.

I wish. Played a game yesterday where the NP was jungling and never pushed a lane. Their towers were all below 50%, lanes where pushed right up but he kept jungling. The only time he tried to push a lane was when we lost 2 sets of rax and he wanted to go back to jungle but the enemy already cleared it. He ported top right where 4 of their heroes where already pushing the lane. fml.

Duran

Too many horses and they all have a problem with pink hair lol

GOODBYE HOORSSESSS

I think the only complaint I have about it is that its for Chinese New Year, but there's nothing really ethnic looking about it. On the other hand, its the year of the horse so I applaud that. All of the sets people have created aren't incorporating that into their designs and I feel they should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom