• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

yarden24

so, i have a really weird glitch in steam, i was playing dota, and i choose earth spirit,now because of this valve decided to punish me, and I can no longer play dota 2, only left for dead 2 :

have to re download, and im not sure what ill get when i do!

Qvoth

so, i have a really weird glitch in steam, i was playing dota, and i choose earth spirit,now because of this valve decided to punish me, and I can no longer play dota 2, only left for dead 2 :

people are posting that in reddit too

Whoever can make these things, could someone make a Sari set for Death Prophet?

I messaged Anuxi months ago and she said she was thinking of doing it for Mirana.

But that's not materialised and it seems to be better suited for Death Prophet.

You can have all the profits. Thank you please.

cheezcake

Yeh my Dota 2 has gone missing as well hmmm.....

dmshaposv

Whoever can make these things, could someone make a Sari set for Death Prophet?

I messaged Anuxi months ago and she said she was thinking of doing it for Mirana.

But that's not materialised and it seems to be better suited for Death Prophet.

You can have all the profits. Thank you please.

Sari set for mirana

Geisha set for Death prophet.

There you go item designers. Work on that. ;)

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Two games in a row where our pub 5th joined our 4 stack and then abandoned on us. This second time it was a god damned meepo picker to boot.

Acinixys

Why do you always seem to get the worst players in the world, when the enemy team is a bunch of seasoned pros who can 1v5 your whole team :/

dmshaposv

Sari for Death Prophet, suits her ethereal/languid style.

Maybe, but 2 set ideas I had (my 3D modelling skills are not that hot, so I never was able to jump in on the item designer bandwagon.)

Mirana set based on indian paintings (mainly, durga the warrior goddess)

q-durga.jpg

She has a bengal tiger mount and everything. Minus the extra arms and just a color palette closer to existing mirana (purple/white/lunar scheme).

Death prophet "zombie" geisha style set

zombie_geisha_by_lizzyxxx-d49qpqj.jpg

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Poor Arteezy, every time he finds a game someone dodges him, think he's been looking for like 30 minutes now.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
How? Abandon at connecting screen?

They either don't connect at all, or see him in-game and then take the abandon.

Haha, he finally gets into a game and then picks the wrong hero. And then someone abandons again. lol.

Kreunt

Banned
Yeah launch a chinese themed pach the day most of them are busy celebrating a holiday with their families, no way that could backfire.

chinese nerds play dota on new years just like western nerds.

but seriously, i dont see how its relevant, it'll be there when they get backed, its not like its some mmo event that they're going to miss.

inkls

chinese nerds play dota on new years just like western nerds.

but seriously, i dont see how its relevant, it'll be there when they get backed, its not like its some mmo event that they're going to miss.

well the christmas themed event (frostivus) started on december 12, not 24. The only event that (apart from this year) did start on the day of a celebration was diretide 2012 and its not like many Dota 2 players could go collecting candy door-to-door.

They could do it next week, you know, have the Chinese New Year patch launch when its Chinese New year?

Isn't that like having a Christmas update literally ship on Christmas? Wouldn't that make it kind of hard for Chinese players to be interested considering they'd have a huge holiday to distract them rather than Dota?

It seems more likely tonight. We're planned for a patch this week anyway to fix DLL issues, so we know one is coming anyway.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Isn't that like having a Christmas update literally ship on Christmas? Wouldn't that make it kind of hard for Chinese players to be interested considering they'd have a huge holiday to distract them rather than Dota?

It seems more likely tonight. We're planned for a patch this week anyway to fix DLL issues, so we know one is coming anyway.

I'll just keep my expectations low. Can't be disapointed if you don't expect something!

In fact, the update is clearly not going to ship next week, it would be too soon, have to do it two weeks from now like Diretide.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Why the hell did Steam just download Left 4 Dead 2 over Dota?

Edit: Never mind, Reddit figured it out:

Relax guys, it's last year's April Fools Day prank delivered in Valve time.

Apparently a bunch of Valve games had their appID's messed up so a bunch of games aren't what they should be anymore... I don't know what my life is anymore.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
LC with Blink Dagger counters Slark so I could see her getting picked. Then again, so does Doom.

Why isn't Doom picked often in competitive play?

Oh, and all my Steam games are fine and in order. Just thought you would want to know.

alright my exams are done and there are no signs of new LoL champs any time soon, so I'm gonna go back to learning Dota.

If anyone wants to play and doesn't mind me sucking for a while, I'm PhillipCostigan on Steam.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician

This is hilarious and amazing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom