• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
If they did that, They'd have to make it so the non-aghs ult would last longer, as without refresh that ult is very, very weak, and would make no the point of the "debuffs aretransmitted through magnetize since the original aoe is ridiculously small and you'll onyl hit it on 2 people max without the stone refresh.

I'd like them to take their time enrfing Kaolin, OP as he is, he is terribly fun to play unlike other OP heroes before, and since he isn't in CM, what's the rush? If people are that upset, just remove -CM unable heroes from ranked all pick, but please don't Lycan/Morph Kaolin, give him proper nerfs.

na, he needs the icefrog D

-lower stats gain
-less damage
-pull stun changed to a slow
-lower silence duration
+milkman's agha idea

then he can be gradually buffed if he's too weak. I don't like the idea of playing with cast times and remnants, because those are two core parts of the hero and what makes him kinda fun IMO. You can just play the numbers game and tune down his damage, stats, etc... without really affecting the playstyle of the hero. There's no reason a hero with so much utility and mobility needs so much damage and good stats to boot. Every hero in dota has some sort of crippling weakness, I'm not seeing any with Earth Spirit. Nada.

anyhow none of what we suggest really matters anyway, we'll see what icefrog does, BELIEVE IN THE FROG

Quesa

So I was thinking about how to nerf Earth Spirit in the shower today and came up with this:

What if Earth Spirit was nerfed so his stone remnants can no longer refresh his ultimate duration, but with an Aghs Scepter he can once again refresh it. This would drop his damage output tremendously. He'd probably need another nerf or two to go with it, but it'd go a long way in reducing his teamfight power.

Thoughts?

I've been thinking about a few as well.

-For ult, I thought the total damage would be 100/200/300, would last three/four seconds instead of 6, and then ags would buff duration and add the communal silence/slow aspect.

Nerf str gain by like .5 or 1

-push would go from 100 to 125 mana, cd would be 30/26/22/18, distance would be an even 600 for heroes/units, and would be 1200 for remnants, damage would max at 200, and silence would 2/2.5/3/3.5

-boulder mana would be 100 flat, damage stays the same, distance would max at 1200 when using stone, slow stays the same, and cd would be 22/18/14/10

-grip range would be 900, pull speed like 700, stun duration, damage, and cd would stay the same but mana cost is 75/80/85/90, and you can only stun multiple units if you pull an ally.

one of the follow nerfs to remnants: either you get four max (maybe six with ags), OR every spell that uses a remnant destroys it.

This would allow him to gank still, but it'd be harder, cost more mana, and if wants to get out of a 1v5 situation he's gonna need someone to set up his multi-stun//roll/ulti combo. This would mean he's way more item dependent and would have to get soul ring/boots/ags to be as effective, and his skillshots would be a little harder to use and less effective overall. I think he'd still be pretty fun after these nerfs. I just hope they don't make him useless post-patch.

bounchfx

man you guys got earth spirit all wrong. Here's what he needs:

10 stone remnants, no cooldown evever
pull multiple stones at once
no cooldowns on any abilities
silence lasts 10 seconds instead of 5
every kill gives your team a permenant stat buff and gold income rate increase

only then will he be balanced and I happy

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
na, he needs the icefrog D

-lower stats gain
-less damage
-pull stun changed to a slow
-lower silence duration
+milkman's agha idea

then he can be gradually buffed if he's too weak. I don't like the idea of playing with cast times and remnants, because those are two core parts of the hero and what makes him kinda fun IMO. You can just play the numbers game and tune down his damage, stats, etc... without really affecting the playstyle of the hero. There's no reason a hero with so much utility and mobility needs so much damage and good stats to boot. Every hero in dota has some sort of crippling weakness, I'm not seeing any with Earth Spirit. Nada.

anyhow none of what we suggest really matters anyway, we'll see what icefrog does, BELIEVE IN THE FROG
Don't forget less armor.

Artanisix

man you guys got earth spirit all wrong. Here's what he needs:

10 stone remnants, no cooldown evever
pull multiple stones at once
no cooldowns on any abilities
silence lasts 10 seconds instead of 5
every kill gives your team a permenant stat buff and gold income rate increase

only then will he be balanced and I happy

stop it boumnch you just want him to stay disgusting so earth spirit pickers will buy your naruto set

Hylian7

So I was thinking about how to nerf Earth Spirit in the shower today and came up with this:

What if Earth Spirit was nerfed so his stone remnants can no longer refresh his ultimate duration, but with an Aghs Scepter he can once again refresh it. This would drop his damage output tremendously. He'd probably need another nerf or two to go with it, but it'd go a long way in reducing his teamfight power.

Thoughts?
Overnerf. The ulti would be nearly useless at that point, and even more so if it had no rock functionality.

The best ways to go are:

A. Stats
B. Cut down the max number of rocks
C. Replace the silence with a different effect or nerf it again

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Don't forget less armor.

Earth should really give like 2 of those points to Ember.

I really don't get why you guys think a 5 second hard to hit silence is so OP. Drow has a 6 second silence on 900 range with a 300 Radius (You can hit people 1200 units away!!) that has a 13 second cooldown. Death Prophet has also has a 6 second silence on 900 range with a 350 Radius, and her's goes down to 11 seconds cooldown. And these are very reliable spells. I mean, I get that he simply has a ton of utility overall, Silence, Slow, Stun, a Pseudo escape, and a way to bail out an ally, but the silence is the hardest one to hit of all, and is really in line with other silences. Sure, you can hit someone up to 2000 units away, but because of how wonky it is to aim it, after about 1000 units it basically pure luck if it hits something.

Not enough, his push ability needs to be nerfed, it single handedly wins tri lanes. His rolling bullshit needs a much longer cd or a range reduction. His silence also needs something, cast range reduction/hero limit/or cd increase. There's just too much bullshit packed into one hero.

how about his silence duration reduces by one second for every hero it passes through? or just a flat duration reduction. or keep the silence mechanic as is but reduce the duration to something like 2/3/3.5/4

Haly

stop it boumnch you just want him to stay disgusting so earth spirit pickers will buy your naruto set

Let's be real. You'll buy bounch's naruto set no matter how shitty Earf is.

Jex

Fellow Dotarians,

Listening to Merlini/Godz cast the Star ladder tournament I heard them discussing Alchemist, wherein they commented on the fact that Alchemist no longer went level one Greevil's Greed, even on carry Alchemist. Instead, they saw pro's tended to go Acid/Stun. Has this been your experience to? Is it just that much better to have a level 1 stun?

Demoli

A buff i was always fond of was makigng it so the silence only applies to the first unit that hits, which would emphasive the debuff aspect of his ult, along with a 1 s nerf to 1/2/3/4 sec silence on the push.

A small str gain enrf would also be great, and maybe make it so he has 2 and gains 1 per level of Ult. Alternatively replace his ult was a cd lowering passive that gives him extra rocks while massivly increasing the cd of his abilities.

Pull range needs to be nerfed on allies, but not on rocks.

I'd like to see these and then we'd see how it goes.

Fellow Dotarians,

Listening to Merlini/Godz cast the Star ladder tournament I heard them discussing Alchemist, wherein they commented on the fact that Alchemist no longer went level one Greevil's Greed, even on carry Alchemist. Instead, they saw pro's tended to go Acid/Stun. Has this been your experience to? Is it just that much better to have a level 1 stun?

I'd think it would depend on if you're playing carry/support Alch and if you were in a passive or aggressive lane.

shira

Fellow Dotarians,

Yes the pros usually go stun/acid/medallion first. When you pair that with a CM/bane it is a very good permastun power gank.

In a pub there are very few people who can lasthit or will have a solo free farm lane. So it depends what is given. But yeah you can except low level players to max greed and acid hoping for last hits.

buff = new hats,
tumblr_inline_moyd1zId7R1qz4rgp.gif

Radec

Fellow Dotarians,

I think this is due to Alchemist being not a carry hero anymore in the Pro scene. His ulti change is pretty huge IMO.

Chemical Rage no longer provides 250/500/750 bonus HP
Chemical Rage HP regen increased from 15/30/60 to 50/75/100

Other heroes are better in the carry position than him nowadays (atleast in pro games).
But the good thing is that Alchemist can be played as a support. His Stun and Acid Spray are pretty good early game.
Hence Goblin's greed takes the last points.

Low Tier
its because you dont abandon the offlane completely like you used to. Icefrog made offlaning much more safe, so there's no reason not to get a stun over stupid free-farm ability.

SamVimes

I really don't get why you guys think a 5 second hard to hit silence is so OP. Drow has a 6 second silence on 900 range with a 300 Radius (You can hit people 1200 units away!!) that has a 13 second cooldown. Death Prophet has also has a 6 second silence on 900 range with a 350 Radius, and her's goes down to 11 seconds cooldown.

Becuse once you get some practice it's much more reliable than Drow's and DP's (both have a very long cast time) and it's at five seconds at level 1 which is absolutely bonkers.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut

I really don't get why you guys think a 5 second hard to hit silence is so OP. Drow has a 6 second silence on 900 range with a 300 Radius (You can hit people 1200 units away!!) that has a 13 second cooldown. Death Prophet has also has a 6 second silence on 900 range with a 350 Radius, and her's goes down to 11 seconds cooldown. And these are very reliable spells. I mean, I get that he simply has a ton of utility overall, Silence, Slow, Stun, a Pseudo escape, and a way to bail out an ally, but the silence is the hardest one to hit of all, and is really in line with other silences. Sure, you can hit someone up to 2000 units away, but because of how wonky it is to aim it, after about 1000 units it basically pure luck if it hits something.

because said silence can be refreshed and AoE with his ultimate.

It's like an agh's silencer that can be constantly refreshed on a lower CD.

Haly

Guys, why are you still talking about this shitty game?

It's time for the REAL DOTA we always wanted.

What if ES' Stone Remnants acted like some sort of destroyable super-tree? Like using a tango on them would destory them and restore 200 health instead of the normal 115 and at an advanced healing rate? You could also destroy them after something like 2-5 hits so there would be a way to remove them in mid/late game.

Gosh. Lost two games because I derped as Miranda and Weaver. Accidently leaped into a tower solo pushing while enemy team pushed mid (2 teammates were dead so no point in going back, might as well get a tower) and their fed qop tp'd at the perfect time to kill me as I was tping back. And then the Weaver game... Use of time lapse was bad or didn't go off and underestimated riki cloud radius lol.

Oh and FV 1v2 a jugg and rubick and does leap away but I'm a noob because I'm support Lina that bought courier/wards and set up 2 kills top. Gg. I'm quitting Dota lol.

Haly

More like anti-prophet.

Boy was I wrong on SK.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
More like anti-prophet.

Boy was I wrong on SK.

I don't even think trademarks are the issue. Bet whatever settlement Valve signed with Blizzard for them to drop the dota suit involved some sort of gentlemen's agreement where Blizz gets to request changes to anything too similar to warcraft, especially as heroes of the storm approaches.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
What's Blizzard going to do without Ghostcrawler or Icefrog.

So much power everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom