• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haunted

The new gamemode will be a modified version of the Sun Wukong questline in Dota 1, with the new hero being unlocked at the end, similar to how Wraith King was implemented.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
cyborgmatt likes to hit women, don't trust him

Just look at him in this very incriminating photo!
V8Tg3ET.jpg

dorkimoe

If you want 1v1 practice I'm always looking for it, here's my dotabuff I'm still very new and learning matchups

http://dotabuff.com/players/4228030

That would depress me because i have like 4x as many games and you would beat me

Play Nyx, slark, don't care about skill shots/stuns. Back in December I had a losing streak of 10 games, don't give up. If you want to train in custom games I can be available in around 5 hours (steam id= inkls), could also watch your replays to give tips.

Match 480181222 this was from last night, ignoring everyone else around me because the game ended after like 15 minutes because our clockwork didnt want to initiate and he eventually gave up. But if you watch me bottom lane..i literally get just schooled :(
I mean i usually lose my lane 9 out of 10 times. But this one was really bad.

Stop playing to win for a little while. Every time you die, don't focus on what the other player did well, and instead just keep asking yourself what you could have done better/what you did wrong. And don't be fooled, there is always an answer to that question.

Well to be clear we usually do win, so thats not the problem. I just hate being the one who needs to be treated special because i cant hold my own in lane. I can lose my lane and still win the game because of kagbros usually, but this last game was more about lanning phase because the game ended after 15 minutes due to poor sport racist 5th. And even when we win sometimes I dont enjoy it because i played so bad i wasnt even a factor

Skab

Well to be clear we usually do win, so thats not the problem. I just hate being the one who needs to be treated special because i cant hold my own in lane. I can lose my lane and still win the game because of kagbros usually, but this last game was more about lanning phase because the game ended after 15 minutes due to poor sport racist 5th. And even when we win sometimes I dont enjoy it because i played so bad i wasnt even a factor

I was the same way. I decided to focus on one roll (in my case i started with support, eventually switched to off lane) to narrow down my responsibilities each match. Then I just dissected the hell out of my own play and always, ALWAYS assumed that if I died it was my fault.

I got way better and the game became much more enjoyable as a result.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
#queueingwithkagbros

BearPawB

Banned
That would depress me because i have like 4x as many games and you would beat me

Match 480181222 this was from last night, ignoring everyone else around me because the game ended after like 15 minutes because our clockwork didnt want to initiate and he eventually gave up. But if you watch me bottom lane..i literally get just schooled :(
I mean i usually lose my lane 9 out of 10 times. But this one was really bad.

I only watched the first few minutes. That match was just bizzare. Not sure what was going on at mid.

Your first death you just got caught out too far. You had no support with you. And no creepwave.

Manus

I'm never playing support for random pubs again.

Exact opposite for me. Carrying is easy I'd much rather support in a solo pub instead of having 4 carries and someone picks a semi support and barely supports. It's rare I see a support in pubs buy sentries and wards, let alone dust or smoke.

Absolutely positively fuck this community sometimes.

Just played a rank game with a puck.

I randomed chen, went to the jungle.

Everyone else picks.

We end up with no other supports.

I get immediately flamed by puck for no courier.

Then as punishment he steals the courier someone else buys with my arcane boots on them, denies both items and starts screaming over mic "no boots for you faggottttt"

Immediately after feeds a kill to pudge, spends his blink dagger money on all couriers and feeds them to the enemy the rest of the game.

This puck had 1700 wins, 3200 mmr and 4000 hours played in Dota.

What is fucking wrong with people?

I'm never playing support for random pubs again.

It's the worst. It's one thing to end up having to buy everything (courier, upgrade courier, wards, sentries), but it just feels like shit when your carries suck and you know that all your work will end up being for nothing.

Pratfall

Absolutely positively fuck this community sometimes.

Just played a rank game with a puck.

I randomed chen, went to the jungle.

Everyone else picks.

We end up with no other supports.

I get immediately flamed by puck for no courier.

Then as punishment he steals the courier someone else buys with my arcane boots on them, denies both items and starts screaming over mic "no boots for you faggottttt"

Immediately after feeds a kill to pudge, spends his blink dagger money on all couriers and feeds them to the enemy the rest of the game.

This puck had 1700 wins, 3200 mmr and 4000 hours played in Dota.

What is fucking wrong with people?

This is not to excuse that shitlord, but if I end up as a support I always just buy courier straight away and then wait in base to see what the other idiots will pick/buy as starting items and then just pick up wards if no one else does (like that dope ass lich I had last game that bought a null talisman and went aghs rush). I know this doesn't work as well on Chen as it does on a VS or CM, but I find it is the only way to ensure a fun game for myself.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
So much bollocks surrounding this patch. It's going to be Diretide 2.0 all over again.

I'll be in my bunker.

I'd hope not. We were told January so I can't see people getting pissed unless the month ends with no update or no word from them. But Valve seems to have become quicker to be upfront about stuff these days.

traveler

Not Wario
Could just be a small weekly update in line with previous weeks. Not jumping on the train till I see the blog post/yoth page get updated.

So much bollocks surrounding this patch. It's going to be Diretide 2.0 all over again.

I'll be in my bunker.

Not sure how to read this. Can't tell if it's expectations too high/community venting OR too much crap to go through in the patch. "Surrounding" would imply the former, but I hope it's the latter, no offense.

Also, if one were hypothetically interested in picking up this datamining business, I don't suppose there's any way they could ease the workload on you?

Exuro

I'm on the phone with Comcast about upgrading my internet and we're suddenly talking about this game. Kind of awesome.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
MILK, LISTEN UP

I'M HEARING FROM SOURCES THAT YOU'RE INTERESTING IN EXVSFB

IF YOU DON'T GET IT, I'LL TAKE IT AS AN ADMISSION OF YOUR COWARDICE

tumblr_m7wglammax1qbxqfpo1_250.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom