• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamVimes

Yeah what a huge patch for brew. I wonder if blink should be his first item now, since you can get his combo off without the extra mana.

It was always the first item, you don't really need anything other than a bottle already. I know some people like getting drums but it's not really needed.

I've been thinking about it a bit and I'm worried this Sniper buff is going to hamper my enjoyment of Dota. At my noob low level match making, you see Sniper in almost every game and more often than not people just feed him by being terribad. This is just gonna make things even worse. Gonna have to either stack or gome home.

Huge for not just brew, but every Str hero that has a blink as core.

Brew
Slardar
LC
Axe
Tide
Tiny
Pudge
Centaur
Magnus

Everyone for whom using a blink dagger early game meant not being able to cast one if their abilities just got a crazy buff. A meta-changing buff? Just might be.

You missed SK and yes that is actually pretty crazy. I like the idea of giving Str initiators a stealth buff, though.

why the fuck are all the wrong heroes getting buffed? and he nerfs the fucking jakiro icepath? whoever is in charge of this game's balance is senile

Do you mind being more specific? There don't seem to be a lot of straight buffs for heroes that are usually considered to be really good or OP in 6.79.

*Edit*: Just realized that was probably a joke post.

Pretty sure phoenix is tomorrow, unless they push out test today. It hasn't happened so far, and usually it happens right away after they show patch notes.

sixghost

It was always the first item, you don't really need anything other than a bottle already. I know some people like getting drums but it's not really needed.

I was thinking even before mana boots, since blink, slam, ult only costs 275 mana at level 7 now.

I've been thinking about it a bit and I'm worried this Sniper buff might severly hamper my enjoyment of Dota. At my noob low level match making, you see Sniper in almost every game and more often than not people just feed him by being terribad. This is shit gonna make things even worse. Gonna have to either stack or gome home.

I remember being in the trench and seeing a lot of Sniper. I don't recall him being a pub stomper at lower levels though. He's just god awful but bad players like him due to how easy he is to play. He's not easy to do well with however just based on how many weaknesses he got.

G.ZZZ

I forgot but magnus is broken now. +2 base int, you can skip Arcane, go treads and bottle and blink and still have nice mana management. I love this blink buff. I'm gonna S4 it so much.

SamVimes

I was thinking even before mana boots, since blink, slam, ult only costs 275 mana at level 7 now.

Yeah i get phase already if i'm on midlane. You're most likely not gonna have blink at level 7 anyway and with another couple of levels it's enough to cast everything anyway.

Acinixys

I forgot but magnus is broken now. +2 base int, you can skip Arcane, go treads and bottle and blink and still have nice mana management. I love this blink buff. I'm gonna S4 it so much.

I love Slardar, and this is going to make playing him so much more fun, seeing as he has such a shitty mana pool

blink - ult - stun - bash - bash - bash - ded

I remember being in the trench and seeing a lot of Sniper. I don't recall him being a pub stomper at lower levels though. He's just god awful but bad players like him due to how easy he is to play. He's not easy to do well with however just based on how many weaknesses he got.

From my experience if the guy playing Sniper is competent, at my level of match making, people will feed him. This is obviously not always the case, but it's the general impression that I get. It's just frustrating because like you said, the hero has a lot of weaknesses. But once he gets that snowball rolling he's such a pain.

It's also just tiresome to see the same hero all the time, whether on your team or the opposition. These changes are just going to make him more popular.

What is Icefrog thinking with Lina? Am I supposed to be carrying now? Give me increased aoe or range on LSA or decrease delay or something. I run carry Lina in bot games and semi-carry sometimes for fun online, it's not viable competitively ever.

Really hyped for Magnus though, I was already good with him, now more int AND no mana for Blink? That's great. Question is: Can it run Blink before Mana boots?

Do you mind being more specific? There don't seem to be a lot of straight buffs for heroes that are usually considered to be really good or OP in 6.79.

going throught the list quickly, this is what comes to mind:

slardar shouldn't have been buffed, for one. he already deals a ton of damage with all the buffs to his ult. that thing is going to be op as shit

spirit breaker also shouldn't be buffed, even a bit. he wasn't even nerfed significantly in the last update actually, people just stopped playing it. the nerf last update was like, his ult can be cancelled now or something. that wasn't really what made the hero good

shadow shaman shouldn't have been buffed. the buff to his ult last patch already made him way too good

earth spirit should've gotten the broodmother treatment

ns shouldn't have been buffed. he's already really good with the changes to night time and the -vision his ult gives. not significant but still

lycan was already really good in this update. shouldn't have been buffed as well

desolator on bear is dumb

huskar buffs are dumb. hero was fine before. might become a problem again

dp should've had her ult nerfed to what it was before the last patch, kept the nuke cd. buff to silence is ok though

change to stampede is dumb

bs getting buffed again. fuck that

alchemist didn't get nerfed enough as well

don't think wr or tinker should've been buffed either. especially tinker

also i don't like the change to void's ult cooldown

Atlantis

What is Icefrog thinking with Lina? Am I supposed to be carrying now? Give me increased aoe or range on LSA or decrease delay or something. I run carry Lina in bot games and semi-carry sometimes for fun online, it's not viable competitively ever.

All I want is very slight damage buffs to her nukes so a Dragon Slave/LSA combo will clear a creep wave.

G.ZZZ

going throught the list quickly, this is what comes to mind:

slardar shouldn't have been buffed, for one. he already deals a ton of damage with all the buffs to his ult. that thing is going to be op as shit

spirit breaker also shouldn't be buffed, even a bit. he wasn't even nerfed significantly in the last update actually, people just stopped playing it. the nerf last update was like, his ult can be cancelled now or something. that wasn't really what made the hero good

shadow shaman shouldn't have been buffed. the buff to his ult last patch already made him way too good

earth spirit should've gotten the broodmother treatment

ns shouldn't have been buffed. he's already really good with the changes to night time and the -vision his ult gives. not significant but still

lycan was already really good in this update. shouldn't have been buffed as well

desolator on bear is dumb

huskar buffs are dumb. hero was fine before. might become a problem again

dp should've had her ult nerfed to what it was before the last patch, kept the nuke cd. buff to silence is ok though

change to stampede is dumb

bs getting buffed again. fuck that

alchemist didn't get nerfed enough as well

don't think wr or tinker should've been buffed either. especially tinker

also i don't like the change to void's ult cooldown

What are you, antimage?

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
i hope we see some old school AM + Invoker with new mana void aoe + EMP.

AM d tri, mag offlane, invoker mid ezzzz

also some of those buffs are so stupid. oh no omniknight's degen aura got buffed. who gives a shit. unless he's gonna blink into the enemy team while warlock upheavals and venomancer gets a 5man gale, it makes no difference. and that doesn't even help his early game/laning in any way. meanwhile, you buff vs and wd? WHAT

nyx and mirana weren't even nerfed too. does anyone even play this game anymore

Slardar isn't getting many points in his bash until mid game anyway, when other heroes greatly out damage him, so it's not that big of a buff.

The gold tick on All Pick is amazing. Well at least I hope it is amazing, getting late to lane wasn't enough of a thing to make people stop, hopefull this is. Kinda punishes the team, but if it prevents repeat behaviour it'll be great overall.

I'm not sure how the Jak stuff will shake out. Dual breath is a much better disable now, but i wonder how the damage changes will work out. Probably worth it if you can keep someone in his ult for longer.

Curious how the legion nerf will work. I get that it'll be one attack per proc regardless of attack speed, but I dunno how the grace period stuff works.

50 dollar branches are welcome too, after the starting gold change, that seemed to be a weird hold over.

Demoli

Not really, before mael decreased your root chance by 25% since he overrided the entangle, and i'm not sure but it screwed with the RNG too. 25% less roots is really big since entangle is fucking broken.

Bulldoge plz.

EDIT: deso bear lol, but it worked fine in dota2, or did Deso override it too?

It wasn't 25% less roots, it was more like 10% or even less, it abrely even mattered. This is as much of a buff to Syla as less 4 base damage is a nerf to BB.

MLCodest

I threw my first game last night guys. It was the first time I can honestly say a game loss was on me. I was doing Rosh while the rest of my team was going to push tier fours which were already almost down. Silencer decides to try and help me take out Rosh because I drastically underestimated how long it would take to kill Rosh. Then I saw 3 heroes chasing after one of our heroes, so I go out thinking I can man mode, dragon tail someone hoping Silencer would pop his ult. He finishes the rest of Rosh instead and we both got stunned by Sven and die leaving aegis to the other team. Should've just pushed with the rest of the team or if I was doing Rosh finish it then go out and fight.

Super pumped for the update though.

kasane

WAIT THE FUCKING MINUTE.

Terror blade was changed? Holy shit this proves i haven't played wc3 doto in a long time

And lol AEO finger of death. New meta

Mapo 3/10/17 wat

8 second tp fuck this shit

G.ZZZ

It wasn't 25% less roots, it was more like 10% or even less, it abrely even mattered. This is as much of a buff to Syla as less 4 base damage is a nerf to BB.

What? 1 root in 4 would've been overrided by Mael proc. Mael has a 25% chance to proc, so that stand true for entangle procs, no matter the chance for entagle was.

Demoli

What? 1 root in 4 would've been overrided by Mael proc. Mael has a 25% chance to proc, so that stand true for entangle procs, no matter the chance for entagle was.

So, assume that you got a root, which is 25%. There is a 25% on that 25% that the lightning would proc, so, the chance of a mael proc preventing a root proc is, exactly, 6.25%.

It barely matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom