• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

G.ZZZ

So, assume that you got a root, which is 25%. There is a 25% on that 25% that the lightning would proc, so, the chance of a mael proc preventing a root proc is, exactly, 6.25%.

It barely matters.

6.25% is exactly 25% of 25%, so 1 in 4 roots would be overrided. That mean you'll root 25% less times, that's a pretty big difference.

#math so amazing

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
spirit breaker also shouldn't be buffed, even a bit. he wasn't even nerfed significantly in the last update actually, people just stopped playing it. the nerf last update was like, his ult can be cancelled now or something. that wasn't really what made the hero good

Wut

Satch

Banned
THAT LONG ASS LIST OF ES CHANGES LOLLLLLLL

RIP IN PISS EARTH SHIT

tumblr_inline_mq9l4bFKvp1qgt71j.gif

elyetis

As someone who kept being disapointed by the patch since the international, I must say new bloom already appear to be a really good patch.

6.80 not being used as a "we don't have content to patch this month, so take that" is the icing on the cake.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
i feel like it wont be every ability...maybe just some like they did in wraith night

Nah it's pretty clear I think by the description that it's All Random for heroes (from the full pool), and all of those heroes' abilities become the ability pool.

Skab

Is terrorblade in the test client? I need to install the test client.

No. Isn't out yet, and probably wont go up tonight.

The fact that the 6.80 version of dota 1 hasn't gone up, or even had its change log posted yet on playdota, suggests that were not done yet.

I'm expecting phoenix for dota 2 still, and sun wukong + 6.80 for dota 1. So more news tomorrow and test client maybe wednesday?

Satch

Banned
the only nerf i care about aside from earth shit is broods but only because its very sad :(((

imo her only flaw was that she could leave the map. i found everything else about her to be fine. fix that one thing and grab a timbersaw on your team with a gem and mow her ass down.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut

The fact that the 6.80 version of dota 1 hasn't gone up, or even had its change log posted yet on playdota, suggests that were not done yet.

I'm expecting phoenix for dota 2 still, and sun wukong + 6.80 for dota 1. So more news tomorrow and test client maybe wednesday?

6.79 wasn't released in dota 1 or posted on playdota until a couple weeks after dota 2. Seems to be the norm now, probably to encourage people to make the switch.

Earth Spirit magnetize is still going to be crazy obnoxious. All he has to do is drop it and grip one person and voila, entire enemy team is aghs global silenced. Hero is harder to play now and less effective as a solo ganker, but I think he may still be too strong. We'll see.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>

6.79 didn't hit Dota 1 for a while after it was in Dota 2 proper. I wouldn't base a lot of thought on that anymore.

Terrorblade sounds like a weird semi-carry(ganker)/support like Abbadon and Necro. He sounds like a terrible hero to be caught alone against. He also sounds like a high risk/reward hero that will need something for surprise initiation if you're going to be diving a solo target with low health like a blink or shadow blade because of the cast radius for hsi ult.

I can't wait to screw around with this hero in bot matches.

Doesn't it seem like this patch makes Sniper one of the best pushing heroes? He can outzone towers by level two of Take Aim and Shrapnel at max level does decent tower damage as well. Sniper, Pugna, Death Prophet, Enchantress/Shadow Shaman, and a Luna could make for one hell of a push team.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Doesn't it seem like this patch makes Sniper one of the best pushing heroes? He can outzone towers by level two of Take Aim and Shrapnel at max level does decent tower damage as well. Sniper, Pugna, Death Prophet, Enchantress/Shadow Shaman, and a Luna could make for one hell of a push team.

But while he is sitting there attacking the tower you can just gank his face and make him explode.

He still has to deal with no escapes and a pitiful health pool.

In pubs though with inexperience players I'm sure he will be able to dominate.

Pratfall

Outside of some nerfs to DK, veno, Bristle and DP, this patch doesn't do a whole lot to combat the 5 man deathball push squad. I think maybe towers should be buffed? Extra Armor or HP?

You now lose one gold per second if you haven't picked a hero after the selection timer runs out in All Pick

I like the direction of this change but I don't think it's enough to discourage people from waiting until the very last second. Why not just make it so that you're assigned a random hero without random gold?

But while he is sitting there attacking the tower you can just gank his face and make him explode.

He still has to deal with no escapes and a pitiful health pool.

In pubs though with inexperience players I'm sure he will be able to dominate.

Ah yeah, great point. You really would need some decent vision to pull it off.

Outside of some nerfs to DK, veno, Bristle and DP, this patch doesn't do a whole lot to combat the 5 man deathball push squad. I think maybe towers should be buffed? Extra Armor or HP?

This would drag the average match time up, which would not be a good thing.. matches .. even landslides are still too long.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>

Unless it's a very large increase, an increase in tower HP would not significantly affect that strategy IMO. DP and a few others pushing a tower can wipe it in like 3 seconds. Making it 4 seconds would be largely inconsequential.

Pratfall

This would drag the average match time up, which would not be a good thing.. matches .. even landslides are still too long.

I would rather matches be longer and more based around good team fights and clever ganks than short and based around unstoppable tower stomps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom