• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fuck yeah terrorblade! He's gonna be so fun to make items for!!!!

iKbqMjHPgzzUA.gif

I am so fucking glad I'm not the only one this has been happening to. I've described it the exact same way. And there are so many lineups that work for it that its difficult to tell when its going to happen from the picking/drafting stage. Cause you don't even need the obvious "pushing" tells like Death Prophet or Natures Prophet, just a good tank, some aoe, and a couple reliable stuns is usually enough to do it.

i don't think there are that many heroes imbalanced at pushing

the problem with pugna is that his blast deals too much damage to towers now, and he can basically get free snipes every time the creepwave isn't that far, as long as his team has a force staff or yours lacks decent initiation or something similar. there's also the ward to worry about. the other imba pushers are dk and veno.

there are good pushers who are viable now like lycan and dazzle, and then there's old pushers that are still decent like np and jug but i don't think 5man push is imbalanced. it's just less than a handful of heroes

i'd rather have imba pushers than imba snowball heroes though. all day every day

Gav47

Man, if day one is a new game mode and day two is the balance patch and more, Valve must have something awesome up their sleeves for day 3.

ReRixo

Banned
Outside of some nerfs to DK, veno, Bristle and DP, this patch doesn't do a whole lot to combat the 5 man deathball push squad. I think maybe towers should be buffed? Extra Armor or HP?

What patch notes were you reading? DP got buffed. Sucks for pubs.

ElyrionX

She was the single most picked Hero in 6.79. She was definitely going to eat nerfs one way or the other.

Yeah I figured. I really shouldn't have stopped playing her just because I wanted to get better at my other core heroes lol. Now, I'm going to struggle even more climbing out of the goddamn trench.

Sibylus

Banned
Seriously speaking, is Drow actually a viable hero now? That new Silence looks really interesting.
Maybe. It could be enough to make her ult a major factor in games, and not a sometimes-passive. Frost arrows and Precision Aura were already really strong before this.

The question in my mind wrt to the silence is if the pushback is far enough, or failing that, the CD low enough that she can compensate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom