• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeroX03

Banned
My MMR has dropped to complete garbage lately (from 58% to 48%) and every single game I'm getting now are scrubs who don't have a clue how to play. Should I just make a new account? DotA2 over the last month has been completely ruined for me.

New patch looks great though.

Acinixys

Had a game 2 mins ago

Enemy NP (unironically called MID AND FEED) fed the courier before creep spawn, and then ran mid and fed weaver 12 kills

Why do people like this exits? Totally fucks up every ones day and wastes 30 mins of their time

Hylian7

Random Terrorblade question, since I know this works with Morphling. On Conjure Image, will Viper's Corrosive Skin go back and fourth like it does with Replicate?

At this point I want to ask what people still consider the problem to be with Bloodseeker because it appears no amounts of buffs are enough to change him into a good hero.

Sibylus

Banned
At this point I want to ask what people still consider the problem to be with Bloodseeker because it appears no amounts of buffs are enough to change him into a good hero.
The problem, I find, is that most people gauge the hero from pubs, and specifically seekers who use the silence so poorly that it fucks the team over and singlehandedly throws fights. Hero is stupidly-potent when played thoughtfully.

Kard8p3

Had a game 2 mins ago

Enemy NP (unironically called MID AND FEED) fed the courier before creep spawn, and then ran mid and fed weaver 12 kills

Why do people like this exits? Totally fucks up every ones day and wastes 30 mins of their time

IMO these guys should get banned from DOTA.

Luthos

Is there a gaf guild or something? To party up for some (casual) games? Because as much as I follow/watch Dota, I don't play often. And I think it's mostly because solo queue is kinda unappealing and/or intimidating.

Chris R

Tidehunter is just so slow :( refresh ravage is nice and all, but man the first 15 mins of the game suck. Even more so when the support goes phase boots but you go mana...

Hylian7

Is there a gaf guild or something? To party up for some (casual) games? Because as much as I follow/watch Dota, I don't play often. And I think it's mostly because solo queue is kinda unappealing and/or intimidating.

There is a GAF guild, join the chat channel NeoGAF in-game and look for ellen pudge, Anbokr, Dreams-Visions, and a few others (I don't remember who all the guild admins are) and they should be able to get you in it.

Late night yolo queue again. Here we go!

http://www.twitch.tv/hylian7

Razzer

If morphling makes a replicate of a hero with radiance does the illusion have the burn damage?

Also, how should I be building that offlane veno? Gonna try him soon.

Kard8p3

If morphling makes a replicate of a hero with radiance does the illusion have the burn damage?

Also, how should I be building that offlane veno? Gonna try him soon.

I like going boots first+tangos, as well as having 1 or 2 pooled.

Get treads, ring of basi, mek if supports cant, then get veil. From there you can go blink if you like. Scythe maybe if team needs more disables.

my skill build might suck but first 3 levels I go 2-3-1, then max wards, get ult at 6, then max w and max q last.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut

Yes, any unit that is considered an illusion will have the aura of the original hero, as far as I know. I believe only attack speed auras don't carry over.

Sibylus

Banned
So Anbokr, will you be 35 dollars poorer on February 6th?

Also, how trollish is it to play Terrorblade as a semi-support?

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Over 3700 from 2 wins tonight, debating to grind tomorrow.

One was KOTL where I gave mana to cancer lancer and LC. No one talked or typed basically the whole game, PL called our Tusk retarded in caps for dying to SB Doom, ES, and Clinkz. LC constantly trying to get pickoffs behind T2's alone when we needed to push and no one was on the map. 0-6-9
We won anyway since I warded safelane/jungle the entire game with sentries and gave them mana. I think I bought 20 sentries.

Next was a nice ES game where we had 4 friendly talkers, easy and safe victory, waited for items before teamfight, told each other cooldowns on ult, coordinated rune/rosh wards.
13-3-27

Trasher

Why is it that new heroes come out and have an Arcana waiting for them already? It's like they hate the original design already lol.

volvo pls

I want Arcanas for the old heroes that still have crappy designs!

Blood seeker has a ton of utility, but people seem to think he should be able to solo kill or be a carry.

You can TP out of everything he does. He's a waste of space on a team. He doesn't offer "ton of utility" at all sadly. He is somewhat good against Weaver and Slark but then again, you might as well pick Doom who is better at everything.

Sibylus

Banned
You can TP out of everything he does. He's a waste of space on a team. He doesn't offer "ton of utility" at all sadly. He is somewhat good against Weaver and Slark but then again, you might as well pick Doom who is better at everything.
You can TP out, but that's kind've a huge sacrifice to make if the hero has a BKB popped and their team is in a teamfight. And he's great against supports game-long, tough to kill unless the enemy team is barely touched and not losing any heroes.

Trasher

Does anyone here actually think people (ie like a support) would start buying Shadow Amulets to help the team? I highly doubt it. Yeah it may make your ally invisible, but they have to completely stop moving in order for it to even work. I've always said they needed to find something else that it could be used for other than making a SB, but this isn't a change that will do that.

You can TP out, but that's kind've a huge sacrifice to make if the hero has a BKB popped and their team is in a teamfight. And he's great against supports game-long, tough to kill unless the enemy team is barely touched and not losing any heroes.

Everything he does, others are better at. That's the problem with him. His skills also have very little synergy.

Sibylus

Banned
Disagree. A tanky semi-support apt at shutting down a BKB and a support hero alike, with built in regen and a dispel isn't readily come by. Bane is similar in a few respects, but doesn't even come close to equaling the global vision and mobility a BS has at his disposal.

And his skills have plenty of synergy, provided you don't have an inflexible idea about how the hero ought to be played.

Razzer

I like going boots first+tangos, as well as having 1 or 2 pooled.

Get treads, ring of basi, mek if supports cant, then get veil. From there you can go blink if you like. Scythe maybe if team needs more disables.

my skill build might suck but first 3 levels I go 2-3-1, then max wards, get ult at 6, then max w and max q last.

Thanks. As he's agility, I wonder if after they implement the patch it may be worth upgrading to Aquila.

Also, as Morphling replicate carries Radiance I'm now thinking about the potential of a Doom Morphling Strat. Good splitpush thanks to the replicate and if you go Eblade on Morph you can potentially blow up a support instantly and doom another caster in any fight creating instant 3v5s. Might have to abandon the offlane though if Morphling needs two supports to babysit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom