• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

RVinP

Unconfirmed Member
So how do I wanna build Terrorblade? He's obviously a carry, I know that much.

Mandatory
.wraith bands
.power threads

After a while, either (one of the paths)
.shadow blade, dagon
.sny, skardi
.diffusal blade, manta

And
.burize
.butterfly

Nirvana

My god the level of bitchiness in this MAAD stream.

EDIT: Bulba is a massive dick. Should change all of the anti-Dendi threads to anti-Bulba ones after this.

Nirvana

I just wanted to mention, with the changes to ES, doesn't it mean that essentially he now gets a 2.25 second AOE STUN instead of a silence simply by kicking a rock through your team?

If this is true, surely this sounds more like a buff than a nerf...

Hylian7

I just wanted to mention, with the changes to ES, doesn't it mean that essentially he now gets a 2.25 second AOE STUN instead of a silence simply by kicking a rock through your team?

It's a Nerf. All he had to do before was pull a rock through your whole team, which was easy to do and damn near impossible to avoid. Kicking a rock into all of them is hard to set up and easier to avoid. On top of that, you really have to optimize your combos for rocks now, so it is important that you kick, pull the same rock as soon as it his the hero, and roll into them with it.

Nirvana

It's a Nerf. All he had to do before was pull a rock through your whole team, which was easy to do and damn near impossible to avoid. Kicking a rock into all of them is hard to set up and easier to avoid. On top of that, you really have to optimize your combos for rocks now, so it is important that you kick, pull the same rock as soon as it his the hero, and roll into them with it.

The difference is though, the kick has a much further range, which was why I was initially concerned about it.

Hylian7

The difference is though, the kick has a much further range, which was why I was initially concerned about it.
It is very easy to miss. On top of that, they made it where it's width is not as wide as it used to be. You have to be facing exactly the right direction or you will whiff it. Trust me, it's a nerf.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim

If you think a slower miss-able stun is better than a guaranteed instantaneous 1100 range one, you are very VERY wrong.

It will be nice to have a line stun and Ally pull on two skills though, but those garunteed saves because of the stun are now only silences. The 225 radius to 200 is actually a big nerf.

On the other hand in lane he has a ridiculous silence + damage nuke for 75 mana, but it NEEDS a rock and rocks are harder to come by.

Nirvana

You guys both make valid points, I guess I'll have to see how it plays out in-game, or in Jeraxi's games. I still think a stun that you can casually kick backwards is going to be nearly if not just as frustrating as his current pull. Also good players may even be more potent with him with the changes, we'll have to see I guess.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
You guys both make valid points, I guess I'll have to see how it plays out in-game, or in Jeraxi's games. I still think a stun that you can casually kick backwards is going to be nearly if not just as frustrating as his current pull. Also good players may even be more potent with him with the changes, we'll have to see I guess.
We're the ones who keep picking scum spirit so I think we know a little at least. And you cannot casually kick a rock unless you are in a safe position or unless you have 4 or more stocked, the range of the stun only makes sense if you are super far back and it's delayed by over a second compared to before which is another large drawback.
The hardest part will be doing the Kick -> Pull -> Roll combo and wasting rocks / CD / Mana if you miss, or relying on roll initiation or other setup stuns or slows first.

Hylian is losing more with him and dipped below 70% win rate and 4 KDA though what a scrub.

I'm 41-11 on ES

Nirvana

We're the ones who keep picking scum spirit so I think we know a little at least. And you cannot casually kick a rock unless you are in a safe position or unless you have 4 or more stocked, the range of the stun only makes sense if you are super far back and it's delayed by over a second compared to before which is another large drawback.

Hylian is losing more with him and dipped below 70% win rate and 4 KDA though what a scrub

I'm 41-11 on ES

41-11, defs balanced hero. Like I said, I agree with what you are saying, but I still think he will be a pain to play against.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
41-11, defs balanced hero. Like I said, I agree with what you are saying, but I still think he will be a pain to play against.
There's no doubt about that, early kills vs Weaver or invis heroes should be easier as well with an instant silence. His manacosts/stats will probably be touched next.

The Perfect World guys jumped the gun a bit and have announced the new Replay Takeover mode to their user base.

Basically when watching a replay you will have an option of instantly creating a lobby from that point in the replay. You can then get 10 people in the lobby and play from where you timestamped the replay. Everyone locks into a hero from that team and you play out the rest of the match as you see fit.

This will only work on games after the New Bloom patch.

profit

The Perfect World guys jumped the gun a bit and have announced the new Replay Takeover mode to their user base.

Basically when watching a replay you will have an option of instantly creating a lobby from that point in the replay. You can then get 10 people in the lobby and play from where you timestamped the replay. Everyone locks into a hero from that team and you play out the rest of the match as you see fit.

Man that's a damn great feature for tournaments.

I really hope that isn't the entire of Day 3. That really seems like it could have been tacked onto a larger announcement, it's not quite a thing to dedicate a whole day to :x

Actually, upon closer inspection this appears like it was meant for Day 2 and was just never added to our page, since there's has it snug in the area with random ability mode.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like

Finally my dreams of
losing
TI4 can finally come true!

Razzer

That. Is. Fucking. Awesome.

Edit: Can you imagine, it's two days after TI4 finishes, "gafhouse up, pw neogaf! Come join guys we're recreating the grand final from just before that epic rosh fight"

Seriously this is so cool.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk

Spoiler alert.
cTBlnlz.jpg

Here's the translation from Reddit.
Replay takeover, walk through legendary battles
Do you remember the legendary hundred minutes battle between IG and DK on The International 2013? Did you ever think of taking over their mice and keyboards and fight on the battle yourselves. Now, the Replay Takeover mode of Dota 2 will make your dream comes true! Any replays after the new blossom festival can be used for this mode, you will choose the timestamp to take over and continue the game. While watching replays you have the option to create a lobby at any time, players in the lobby can choose which hero they would like to take over.
You will decide the fate of these legendary battles!

For reference, this was posted between Random Ability Mode and 6.80, so it looks like the English page may have forgotten to add it, or moved it to Day 3 for some reason and didn't tell the chinese page makers.

BigAT

Wow, really cool feature.

F!ReW!Re

Thanks for the headsup Matt, great stuff!

So how do I wanna build Terrorblade? He's obviously a carry, I know that much.

I would think manta would be a top priority on him. He gets an insane amount of base damage and that would carry over to his illusions. Lifesteal could be solid for early game, though BKB is probably preferred. Diffisual could also work nicely to give him a strong slow.

Was going to say its the perfect way for Na'vi fanboys to rewrite history in their own minds for TI3.

manfestival

so I went halberd/manta/mkb on doom last night and my teammates freaked out saying my build sucked and etc. Then I proceeded to wreck the enemy team. not sure the hate people give for builds other than AC/heart

I have never watched n0tail but the dude seems to be getting trolled by everyone but he is very entertaining to watch. like singsing except more aggressive
anyways whose stream is anuxi NOT a mod on?

so I went halberd/manta/mkb on doom last night and my teammates freaked out saying my build sucked and etc. Then I proceeded to wreck the enemy team. not sure the hate people give for builds other than AC/heart

I have never watched n0tail but the dude seems to be getting trolled by everyone but he is very entertaining to watch. like singsing except more aggressive
anyways whose stream is anuxi NOT a mod on?

Replay?

I think Doom is one of the most versatile hero out there in terms of items, for sure.

Sanjay

Amazing feature.

Finol!

I wonder if they'll do the test client today with 2 days of testing, with a release on Thursday

It's a lot to test and there's probably going to be multiple issues, probably some major. 6.79 had 3 days to test (over a weekend) for reference.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
The replay thing is so cool and so weird. Like, it makes total sense for dropped games in tournaments, but in general terms its pretty weird

Milabrega

Me and a couple of friends made a team for the joinDOTA League and we missed out the first week of matches because there's an odd number of teams in our table so one team misses their matches per week. If anything this has made me more than anxious seeing everyone else play.

http://www.joindota.com/en/leagues/europe/9-season-1/group/461-united-kingdom-s-7

Well, atleast we're not bottom of the table yet.

Very cool dude. Kawaiin Punch is the team name if I'm reading this right? I thought after joindota lost the Starladder cast they would just shrivel up and die glad to see them doing something like the Defense to stay in the game and grow the scene too. The JDL may be even a better format than the Defense and its weekend openers to grow too.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Are the level presents bugged? Cant open mine even though i just lvl'd up.

Counts 3 - 2 - 1 and then nothing happens

Weird
Battle bonus seems bugged in your favor right now, try to use it, won't consume, but still get the bonus in game.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

This seems both really cool, and mostly useless. I bet it was designed as a more robust reload option and bug fixing tool, and valve figured they could also make it a mode.

inkls

Would have been nice to be able to replay "the play" like this.

I thought you guys liked spoilers.

Transformation? Looks pretty nice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom