• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

pompidu

is there a guide that deals with the items that you win at the end of the game? theres like gems and shit and idk wtf the stuff is for

Gav47

gldlMdg.png
gldlMdg.png

Between this and your tweet am I to surmise that we'll be able to get the wardfish this weekend?

Chris R

I would think it would be one of the more valuable ones, but I don't think any of the items from this chest are going to be worth much in the long run. But the Jade Dragon will likely also be near worthless.

Lycan worth nothing if I had to bet, since I have two of them :(

Lennyagony

Neo Member
Hey NeoGAF

First time poster here, I just released a Helm for Razor on the workshop and created a seven part time-lapse of the entire creation process as I went along.

I have a few longer item creation tutorials on my channel as well, anyway if you're curious about item creation is one of the many ways its done.

and the workshop link

Also be sure to give me a stern talking too if posting content like this frowned upon

Artanisix

Hey NeoGAF

First time poster here, I just released a Helm for Razor on the workshop and created a seven part time-lapse of the entire creation process as I went along.

I have a few longer item creation tutorials on my channel as well, anyway if you're curious about item creation is one of the many ways its done.

and the workshop link

Also be sure to give me a stern talking too if posting content like this frowned upon

Nah bro we're all about supporting item creators, just ask Anuxi or Bounch. We love it yo.

Helm looks sick, reminds me of Warframe.

Thai

Bane was better.
So I got a Curse of the New Season (Lycan Wolf form), and my recipe to make the Little Green Jade Dragon requires that and an Auspicious item (I have a billion of them). I rarely play Lycan so I'm unlikely to use the wolf much. Should I make the dragon or keep the wolf?

Any chance you have a Staff of Enduring Colt? Need it for my jade dragon.

I have a few auspicious items I could trade.

Anuxinamoon

Shaper Divine
Nah bro we're all about supporting item creators, just ask Anuxi or Bounch. We love it yo.

yup, neogaf is a hat fanclub :3

Welcome Lenny! :D

Man I'm more addicted to watching dota2 streamers than playing dota right now. I guess its the ease of just being able to put it on in the background while I work. Downside is, I never stream as much cause of it :(

TUSR

Banned
I got an Inscribed Redhoof with Barrack destroyed and an open socket

Is it worth anything? I dont see anything on the store

Everyone except the randoms you queue against. Those guys will always be better than the randoms you get on your team.
nah theyre pretty shitty too

Hey NeoGAF

and the workshop link

brb gonna go watch all the vids

Is it all 3ds max?

manfestival

just won a big comeback game after 60+ minutes . Ability draft really shouldnt last that long. Plus a teammate mocked me for saying that I was a carry (I was clinkz..). I had tidehunters ult but got picked off most of the time before i could ult and had to fight for farm most of the game. I finally got my shadow blade when we lost our first rax. They tricked us and took second rax but we had successfully won 3 fights with far less effort after I got shadow blade (no skeleton walk). Ended up carrying the game from then out.

Winning that comeback and watching jadehoof prices drop like a sack of potatoes (you didnt believe me rs4) makes me feel nice and fuzzy. On this note. time to go to bed.

Chris R

I love how we end up losing the games I think we have no chance at and then blow the games I thought we had on fucking lockdown.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/518306401

AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

maybe it will be better tomorrow, and maybe I wont have to wait 10 minutes to end up in a game with non-English speakers :(

edit: WTF was my team doing :( no idea I had levels on Kunkka and potm... fucking hell, and some awesome item builds too.

Hey NeoGAF

[/URL]

Welcome, Lenny!

You'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

So, I logged onto an account to play bots with friends then logged back into my normal account which seems to have fucked my autoexec file. (Netgraph won't load up when I join/watch/etc a game)

How would I go about fixing it?

Mordeccai

Had the other team give me the tastiest throw I've had in a while just now. Uber farmed sniper and night stalker wrecked my team for 25 minutes of mid game while I was bitched at for not carrying hard enough (when our team had death prophet, spectre, and OD and I was bloodseeker, with an AA support. Horrible line up). Well for whatever reason the other team decided to farm our jungle one by one while I was warding it, and after twenty minutes of free kills and an opening to rosh we got the aegis, team wiped them, pushed right down mid and won after 62 minutes.

Feels so good to beat a sniper who shit talks too. Love good games of dota.

Hylian7

I hate it when things are going great, you get a 6 minute midas, then die pretty much exactly when your Midas comes off cooldown. Every time. Fuck that.

squadr0n

Random question, which hero has the ability to turn damage received into health? Is this an item like Satanic or mask of madness or is there a hero that has this ability? I feel like every now and then ill come across someone that is getting healed every time I hit them.

sixghost

Random question, which hero has the ability to turn damage received into health? Is this an item like Satanic or mask of madness or is there a hero that has this ability? I feel like every now and then ill come across someone that is getting healed every time I hit them.

You're probably thinking of Abaddon. Don't hit him when he's glowing green.

Mordeccai

Are you sure he's not hitting you and healing? A few items have lifesteal on them. Some heroes have it built in, like Wraith King and Lifestealer. Only hero I can think of that heals on damage is Abaddon when his ulti pops. Maybe the hero is being healed by something, like Huskar's Q?

Lennyagony

Neo Member

Cheers for the welcome Artanisix, and nice to see some familiar faces in Bounch/Anuxi.

I love it, I actually favorited it earlier today when I saw it.

id buy that instantly

Means allot! thankyou.

yup, neogaf is a hat fanclub :3

Welcome Lenny! :D

Man I'm more addicted to watching dota2 streamers than playing dota right now. I guess its the ease of just being able to put it on in the background while I work. Downside is, I never stream as much cause of it :(

Hey Anuxi, and i hear you with the addictive watching of streams, i have a way of getting hooked into them as well.

Would love to do some streaming myself but im stuck for now with less than ideal 0.7mbps upload on Telstra DSL 2, fun times...

brb gonna go watch all the vids

Is it all 3ds max?

Max, Mudbox, Photoshop and a few inbetween like Xnormal / Handplane. Honestly these videos didn't turn out as good as i had hoped, i move the viewport more than expected and it all ends up feeling far to condensed and hectic. On the brighter side of things i did learn a shitload from just making them so itll mean better quality videos from here on out.

Welcome, Lenny!

You'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

Sounds like ill fit right in ;)

Man, Phoenix is not good at hard sacrifice support, you gotta kinda play a little greedy. You really need a ring of protection at start, you need to get tranquils as quickly as possible and then a headdress if you want to stay in lane to viably harass. I don't mind playing hard sacrifice support as CM, buying wards and courier at start, upgrading crow and keeping a steady flow of wards up because you can make a difference with your aura, root and slow but with Phoenix you really need that early armor and hp regen. It's just not viable to buy everything or if you do you have to be a lot more cautious with how and when you use your abilities. Once you run out of tangos or it isn't a viable lane for a magic stick it's easy to get chased out of lane or feed. Also Undying is such a pain in the ass to play against, you really gotta sit on Icarus Dive to escape Tombstone or you just feed.

NBtoaster

Man, Phoenix is not good at hard sacrifice support, you gotta kinda play a little greedy. You really need a ring of protection at start, you need to get tranquils as quickly as possible and then a headdress if you want to stay in lane to viably harass. I don't mind playing hard sacrifice support as CM, buying wards and courier at start, upgrading crow and keeping a steady flow of wards up because you can make a difference with your aura, root and slow but with Phoenix you really need that early armor and hp regen. It's just not viable to buy everything or if you do you have to be a lot more cautious with how and when you use your abilities. Once you run out of tangos or it isn't a viable lane for a magic stick it's easy to get chased out of lane or feed. Also Undying is such a pain in the ass to play against, you really gotta sit on Icarus Dive to escape Tombstone or you just feed.

Yeah I've found him to be a pretty poor lane support. You've got to be able to consistently land spirits otherwise you're a ranged creep. He's probably better in the offlane where its easier to land spirits when you can count on the enemy being at the creep wave and don't have to worry as much about hitting creeps and messing up lane control for your carry.

Hylian7

So fucking sick of Rat Dota. I've only won 1/6 matches today because of it. No matter what I do, even if I do the right stuff to deal with it, my whole team doesn't always do it.

Also apparently if you Duel someone with Legion that has the Aegis, and they die, you are stuck STANDING THERE FOR THE REST OF THE DUEL DURATION as they res. That is so stupid!

http://dotabuff.com/matches/518506102

Seriously, fuck rat dota.

I'm streaming trying to break the streak.

SamVimes

So fucking sick of Rat Dota. I've only won 1/6 matches today because of it. No matter what I do, even if I do the right stuff to deal with it, my whole team doesn't always do it.

Also apparently if you Duel someone with Legion that has the Aegis, and they die, you are stuck STANDING THERE FOR THE REST OF THE DUEL DURATION as they res. That is so stupid!

http://dotabuff.com/matches/518506102

Seriously, fuck rat dota.

I'm streaming trying to break the streak.

First of all: rat dota is a legitimate strat
Second: they even have more kills than you
Third: this is losing to rat dota http://dotabuff.com/matches/379016273

F#A#Oo

Banned

Yeah Phoenix is too item dependent...

The problem is if you look at her balance since creation she's had a lot of nerfs and reworks and it shows...she's a jack of all trades but master of none. I've now stopped thinking of her as a support.

I mean most supports have a skill you can spam but with phoenix you sort of feel like she's meant to use all her skills once and hope you and your team benefitted. So for example initiate Icarus>Spirits>Sun Ray = Profit.

So for me shes not a support at all instead she's what ever I manage to build her into game to game. Heart and Shiva are amazing on her, she can really melt some heroes with good sun rays and shiva slows late game.

So yeah her balance changes have made her not fit in anywhere specifically...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom