• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hylian7

Go to sleep Hylian

I already broke the streak.

On another note, I have learned today that Hood of Defiance isn't really a core item on Pudge anymore for a few reasons.

#1. New Tranquil Boots. They aren't dispelled on damage, only right clicks (either by you or an enemy). Your damage comes from not-right clicks. On top of that they are the second fastest boots and the cheapest boots (other than brown boots of course). The speed you get while they aren't broken is great for positioning you for a hook.

#2. Blink Dagger. Use it. Love it. It's great and worth skipping hood over. Blink Dismembers, Blink Hooks, or hell even a Blink Rot if the situation somehow calls for it. It costs almost as much as a Blink Dagger does.

#3. Urn of Shadows. With the new Tranquil Boots, and a bottle, you should have all the regen you need, assuming you are actually doing what you should be and ganking.

#4. In general, it gives you much better item progression. Having a Blink Dagger much faster (especially since it costs no mana) makes it so worth it to get it quickly.

#5. Flesh Heap buff in 6.78. It did get nerfed on later levels very slightly in 6.79, but in 6.78 the strength bonus on level 4 was increased from 1.8 to 2.5! If you are consistently getting those Flesh Heap stacks, you will be beefy enough.

#6. Aghanim's Scepter Dismember buff in 6.79. The strength multiplier was increased from .75 to 1.0, which also gives you a great way to sustain yourself in fights. Skipping hood makes this come along faster too.

Hood can be a situational item on Pudge, but I think the argument of "You need it to deal with the self Rot damage." falls flat since there are so many options and much cheaper ones now.

F!ReW!Re

I already broke the streak.

On another note, I have learned today that Hood of Defiance isn't really a core item on Pudge anymore for a few reasons.

#2. Blink Dagger. Use it. Love it. It's great and worth skipping hood over. Blink Dismembers, Blink Hooks, or hell even a Blink Rot if the situation somehow calls for it. It costs almost as much as a Blink Dagger does.

You mean force staff, right?

#3. Urn of Shadows. With the new Tranquil Boots, and a bottle, you should have all the regen you need, assuming you are actually doing what you should be and ganking.

Again, you mean NOT getting Urn right?

FACE

Banned
So fucking sick of Rat Dota. I've only won 1/6 matches today because of it. No matter what I do, even if I do the right stuff to deal with it, my whole team doesn't always do it.

Also apparently if you Duel someone with Legion that has the Aegis, and they die, you are stuck STANDING THERE FOR THE REST OF THE DUEL DURATION as they res. That is so stupid!

http://dotabuff.com/matches/518506102

Seriously, fuck rat dota.

I'm streaming trying to break the streak.

Slightly less annoying than a Legion Commander with Shadow Blade.

Hylian7

You mean force staff, right?

Again, you mean NOT getting Urn right?
I mean Blink Dagger and still mean Blink Dagger. Force Staff is great but I much prefer Blink Dagger, especially now that it has no manacost.

I still buy Urn with Tranqs and Bottle. It's absolutely worth getting. Honestly I believe every team should have one Urn if possible.

F!ReW!Re

I mean Blink Dagger and still mean Blink Dagger. Force Staff is great but I much prefer Blink Dagger, especially now that it has no manacost.

I knew you meant blink dagger but the sentence was 'It costs almost as much as a Blink Dagger does.' which in that case I didn't see what "it" was ;-)

I still buy Urn with Tranqs and Bottle. It's absolutely worth getting. Honestly I believe every team should have one Urn if possible.

Yeah same thing, I think it's standard, but from that earlier post it was unclear if you were advising to either get or forgo it.

IceMarker

Tonight was an excellent night.

IETw5DY.gif

Makes up for the last weeks loss after loss in spades.

Lennyagony

Neo Member
aww hell yiss Lenny. Good to see you dude! The helm came out wonderfully. Now you must learns the zbrush!! :D

Thanks Bounce, and i know right with the Zbrush thing, iv been putting it off for a lifetime and just recently watched ZBrush UGM with Josh Singh, after which i went directly to the Zbrush store.

Looking good.

Cheers

Not going to lie, I've spent almost $2k on DOTA.. probably going to spend a little more because of this.

Fuck you/Thank you.

Much appreciated :)

IceMarker

6 in a row, eh?

*raises glass*
tdCzKaX.gif

You know that for every winning streak you get a losing streak as well, right? just making sure you are ready :(
Well, isn't this winning streak a result of my lengthy string of losses over the week?

Congrats, but...what were you doing as Beastmaster?
I went offlane Beastmaster and maxed minions first and played it super safe, I was underleveled and underfarmed most of the match, but I didn't feed a single time and most of my time was spent keeping towers defended and scouting out Pudge ganks with 2 hawks and 2 boars.
I'm bad at micro so anytime I was messing with minions I was keeping Beastmaster behind tower to lower the risk of the odd Pudge hook when I wasn't paying attention.

KingKong

Between this and your tweet am I to surmise that we'll be able to get the wardfish this weekend?

the recipe is already in the schema

"item_description": "This recipe will combine a specific item from the Treasure of Vermilion Renewal with any Auspicious item to produce a Wardfish.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
I went offlane Beastmaster and maxed minions first and played it super safe, I was underleveled and underfarmed most of the match, but I didn't feed a single time and most of my time was spent keeping towers defended and scouting out Pudge ganks with 2 hawks and 2 boars.
I'm bad at micro so anytime I was messing with minions I was keeping Beastmaster behind tower to lower the risk of the odd Pudge hook when I wasn't paying attention.

Playing it super safe. I like.
One of the only times I've played Beastmaster I had no idea what to do. I tried stacking ancients and farming that way, but ended up just being useless the whole match. We won anyways though.

RS4-

Previously, my longest losing streak was 8. Last week I suffered through 12 lol. Now I'm on the road back to 53%

To make up for it, crate Gods have given me the Shadowblade and Scythe of Vyse.

Dotamax- Chinese Dotabuff.. Use your dotabuff ID number as a search field (http://dotabuff.com/players/XXXXXXXX). You might need to set your steam profile to public - I have a friends that I can't search for even though their stats are on dotabuff but their steam profiles are private.

This site even breaks down your record in various different matchmaking brackets (normal, high, very high- ranked and unranked)

Here's a translation key.

Here's mine for example.

G.ZZZ

Dotamax- Chinese Dotabuff.. Use your dotabuff ID number as a search field (http://dotabuff.com/players/XXXXXXXX). You might need to set your steam profile to public - I have a friends that I can't search for even though their stats are on dotabuff but their steam profiles are private.

This site even breaks down your record in various different matchmaking brackets (normal, high, very high- ranked and unranked)

Here's mine for example.

My page's telling me that i'm terrible, nothing that i didn't know already .

manfestival

Previously, my longest losing streak was 8. Last week I suffered through 12 lol. Now I'm on the road back to 53%

To make up for it, crate Gods have given me the Shadowblade and Scythe of Vyse.

Thats not fair. I just got 2 couriers that I didnt care for. CURSE YOU CRATE GODS

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Thats not fair. I just got 2 couriers that I didnt care for. CURSE YOU CRATE GODS

Another member of the Thirty Cent Courier Club I see. I have gotten 2 myself. The rabbit, and the green moth/bug/thing. Kill me now.

Here's mine for example.
http://dotamax.com/player/detail/35432416/

Not sure what my take-away should be other than I have a KDA a point or two higher than average almost across the board and that and that I can't get to a 50% winrate.

Is the baby jade dragon different from the main one I assume? I used some of my tokens to buy the recipe for it and got a auspicious item out of a crate, but I still need that stupid juggernaut idol to complete the recipe

SamVimes

Too bad it doesn't differentiate between solo rank and team rank, i believe i have at least 3 times more team ranked matches than solo but it would be nice to know the performance difference.

spk

Capitalist seems scared to stop speaking because he knows as soon as he shuts his mouth he won't get another chance to talk for 10 minutes.

I find him annoying much of the time. Capitalist repeats himself too many times while also taking too long to explain things. Seriously, pay attention to how often he makes a statement, then rewords it, then rambles way longer than necessary to get his point across. And when he's with Tobi his laughs and jokes sound forced like hes trying too hard to display chemistry.

I'd love it if BtS somehow got paid/recognized by Valve for their good work because honestly they're the only ones I enjoy listening to besides GD. I wouldn't even be playing the game if their casting hadn't pulled me in. I know more than one person that started watching before playing thanks to BtS too, I bet that's the case for a lot of people.

Acinixys

Another member of the Thirty Cent Courier Club I see. I have gotten 2 myself. The rabbit, and the green moth/bug/thing. Kill me now.

Why would you guys even open that shit?

I used 1 Bounty and traded for the mythical CM staff (Frost Owls Becon), and sold the other 4 for $4 each. Much better deal

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Why would you guys even open that shit?

I used 1 Bounty and traded for the mythical CM staff (Frost Owls Becon), and sold the other 4 for $4 each. Much better deal

Why do people buy lottery tickets? Because they're stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom