• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

ViviOggi

You need to play off lane role. Bristle back is so fun

I really enjoy playing a high-impact offlane in solo queue. You can make sure no one else feeds the enemy safe lane and don't get blamed for not ganking like mid often does (even though your team keeps their lanes constantly pushed right under the enemy's tower and doesn't put up rune wards). Just chill, get easy xp plus some cs and keep a TP handy to countergank for decent results.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I know I've said this before, but my main problem with the whole thing is that with the resources they spent making the year beast event, they probably could have given us something more fun and permanent like a mid wars map.

The community really likes events, and there very well could have been some Asian partners nagging valve about not having any event targeted at their markets. Hopefully an ARAM mode is in the works for a future update. I feel the next big update will likely not be tied to any holiday and just be sort of its own thing,

Any of you tried this new fangled Solo Offlane Sniper Reddit says totally doesn't suck?

Edit: Oh, looks live Valve reverted the nerf to Bloom Bounties. Ez Mythicals are back in business.

Nymerio

The community really likes events, and there very well could have been some Asian partners nagging valve about not having any event targeted at their markets. Hopefully an ARAM mode is in the works for a future update. I feel the next big update will likely not be tied to any holiday and just be sort of its own thing,

Any of you tried this new fangled Solo Offlane Sniper Reddit says totally doesn't suck?

Edit: Oh, looks live Valve reverted the nerf to Bloom Bounties. Ez Mythicals are back in business.

Is this why I keep seeing AdmiralBulldog play Sniper? Or vice versa.

Nirvana

Just came back from being 0-5 mid to winning the game and going even at 11-11-18. Got stomped mid though, enemy Puck was stupid good. We just started crushing teamfights and actually worked together. We were way, way behind, mostly due to me. Team didn't even rage when I was feeding, just helped me out and we ended up winning.

Really good game.

As opposed to the previous game where our Earthshaker spammed 'Well Played!' all game and fed them courier trains. Figuratively the ying and yang of Dota in two games.

EDIT:
Literally.
Happy?

Sanjay

Milks dreams shattered today, for you:-
pouring-out-liquor.gif

any tips for playing razor? I just can't get the hang of this guy the 3 times I've played him. Atleast this time I didn't feed and I felt like my threatening presence in the background and taking their carries for a morning walk around the lane contributed...somehow.

Hey yo I have one of those nature's prophet staffs out of the chest laying around and I'm not gonna use it so if you need it for the ward fish or whatever hit me up.

Edit rampage on a meepo lol

Acinixys

Hey yo I have one of those nature's prophet staffs out of the chest laying around and I'm not gonna use it so if you need it for the ward fish or whatever hit me up.

Edit rampage on a meepo lol

Pls let Dendi pick Meepo when he plays a NaVi game

lol Chilling touch Meepo is brutal damn

F!ReW!Re

Solo offlane sniper is legit as hell.
When you get 3 levels into take aim, it's easy going.
Last hitting will be kinda hard early on because of the crap base damage, but you can basically free farm when you get level 3 take aim combined with headshot.

I've been playing lol for like 3 years now, but I'm finally bored. How hard would it be to start up dota2?
It would depend greatly on how much effort you put into it. There are plenty of differences and some stuff you're going to have to rewrite muscle memory on. It'll also likely take you a while to get used to it being a bit more "slow" (turn rates are a thing here). But if you play a bit and actually want to try and learn you shouldn't really have any issue.

What specifically bored you about LoL? Was it the way they balanced some stuff or the meta? Dota can cure that. It still has towers and lames and stuff and while different if that's what you grew tired of you might still not like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom