• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuchsdh

You're just giving up too easily. Not their fault at all.

You can still win.

Nice try, really.

Everyone is dead at staggered intervals, sniper can hit us from anywhere in the fountain, and Pudge can hook us out. There was no way to actually mount a resistance. It's pointless because you're not trying to win anymore.

That said, I think I've played one or two games in Dota 1 where the idiots were so preoccupied killing us over and over that they did let their ancient fall, so I guess that's a consolation prize. Hasn't happened yet in Dota 2, but I feel like it's easier to fountain fish in this game--you could run to your hero lock/disassembler and be fairly out of the way there so you could sometimes break out once two or three guys respawned.

Chris R

Man, this game is fucking hard to get into. Did the tutorials, played a few bot matches, watched some games, and I still have no clue what's going on, die constantly and don't feel confident to play a real game with human players at all.
I thought that the tutorial did a great job of introducing me to the game.but then again I'm only 2500 MMR. If operation pub stomp goes as planned I'll be where I belong though... Started great last night :)

ever since huskar got reworked i've been trying to find a build i like. today i went hood > armlet > blademail > linkens and i feel that's the most satisfying build for him. before the linkens you're already pretty hard to kill, especially by timing your wand and heal right. but once you get the linkens, the regen you have is enough to basically keep the armlet hp drain even, you lose only like 1hp sec. it's so tanky

Pratfall

I actually like going mid against Pudge because you win the lane so easily as long as he doesn't hook you and you call his gank aytempts .

This is the very lesson I learned.

Then I played as veno solo with a really cool 4 stack. We lost top pretty hard to bounty and leshrac (don't ask) who then ganked doom in the jungle, but everyone stayed happy and our death prophet carried us through the rough spots and we won! Positivity is without a doubt the most important part of salvaging a game.

F#A#Oo

Banned
Man, this game is fucking hard to get into. Did the tutorials, played a few bot matches, watched some games, and I still have no clue what's going on, die constantly and don't feel confident to play a real game with human players at all.

Stick with it buddy.

Dota is very rewarding once you get into it.

WeightyGiftedBobcat.gif

Massive cleaves will never not be entertaining.

Demoli

I keep searching for the lobby using the password nothing ever comes out, do I have to join the guild?

You need to either join the guild or have someone in your friends list inside the lobby.

As of now though, there is no inhouse, there were'nt enough people.

Shepard

As someone who only plays solo matchmaking, I learned to only play support heroes, only because whenever I choose a carry, the other guys on the team proceed to pick 2/3 mid heroes + another semicarry. It's ridiculously accurate.

BHK3

Banned
What's going on in this gif. Is that possible in the game proper?

It's from this video:

http://youtu.be/vPYYELet_jo?t=5m13s

It's all over-edited so I can't really tell what's happening, but I'm pretty sure he hits a Storm Hammer and then a big cleave right afterward.

Well, however that happens, i guess the player would be ecstatic.

Looking at the hp bars, I think they only had 200ish hp and storm bolt killed them

He has mask of madness and it looks mid-late game, he swung right after he threw the bolt and critted them. Look at SK in the back, he died to cleave, the crit numbers show it.

Was watching notails stream and the enemy team picked TB and Phoenix, his team began to panic and didn't know what to pick. Disaster ensued. Watching him rage trying to get a last hit under fire spirits was pretty grand. "I hate this fucking hero man. HOW DO I STOP IT FUUUUCCCKKKK". He said he's not sure what counters him aside from like a AM and a huskar, all you need to do is trilane/harass him early. Keeping Phoenix away from the creeps isn't that hard, he can only dive every 30 seconds and he only has 4 slow small aoe spirits with 0 armour.

He has mask of madness and it looks mid-late game, he swung right after he threw the bolt and critted them. Look at SK in the back, he died to cleave, the crit numbers show it.

Was watching notails stream and the enemy team picked TB and Phoenix, his team began to panic and didn't know what to pick. Disaster ensued. Watching him rage trying to get a last hit under fire spirits was pretty grand. "I hate this fucking hero man. HOW DO I STOP IT FUUUUCCCKKKK". He said he's not sure what counters him aside from like a AM and a huskar, all you need to do is trilane/harass him early. Keeping Phoenix away from the creeps isn't that hard, he can only dive every 30 seconds and he only has 4 slow small aoe spirits with 0 armour.

Phoenix is a pain in the ass without hard cc because the range of those things are pretty impressive, plus dive. You say it is not hard, and I didn't watch the stream, but he's pretty damn annoying even it soloing a lane.

Acinixys

Phoenix is a pain in the ass without hard cc because the range of those things are pretty impressive, plus dive. You say it is not hard, and I didn't watch the stream, but he's pretty damn annoying even it soloing a lane.

Playing any carry vs Phoenix in the early-mid game is the worst

If you dont have a BKB he can totally dominate fights by making your carry have -140 AS for almost 20 seconds + his ult can be brutal if used right

Played as Slardar vs one today. I was getting in 1 attack every 2-3 seconds at lvl 7. Pretty heartbreaking

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Played an all random game and my 5 stack got 4 junglers (Axe, LC, Doom, Lycan) but we stuck with it anyways, I (Axe) went offlane with the LC supporting and creep skipped for the first time in my life.

I got my Blink under 5 minutes.

I never felt more terrible in my entire life.

Ketch

At the risk of getting all the wrong answers I need to ask: What's the "right" way to play nature's prophet?

I only have like 200 games total, and I normally support or off lane. But I got some sick NP items and I want to learn how to use him properly, any advice is appreciated.

Kalnos

Banned
At the risk of getting all the wrong answers I need to ask: What's the "right" way to play nature's prophet?

I only have like 200 games total, and I normally support or off lane. But I got some sick NP items and I want to learn how to use him properly, any advice is appreciated.

Don't become obsessed with the jungle. Don't cliff jungle. Look for opportunities to gank and push towers uncontested.

There are countless ways to build him depending on who you're playing against.

Done nothing but lose what felt like completely unwinnable games today, it's really sapping my will to play. After pretty substantial winning streaks all week I'm at 193 wins vs 170 losses, so I guess I've got a long way to go before Valve restores balance.

Done nothing but lose what felt like completely unwinnable games today, it's really sapping my will to play. After pretty substantial winning streaks all week I'm at 193 wins vs 170 losses, so I guess I've got a long way to go before Valve restores balance.
Scp2YEx.png

I dunno if this is gonna cheer you up but it just happened to me and I can't stop laughing.

I love it when you have one of those nights where everything goes riht. Im no great player or anything. But last night i was just winning no matter what. Picking heroes i hadnt played in 100 games. Picking "bad" heroes. Won like 5 in a row

Shepard

Its fucking frustrating, all the time I pick the support, the last 4 matches I picked a carry and we had not a single support with us, damn.

Xisiqomelir

Hey DOTA-GAF, what do I buy on Wind(runner/ranger) after Orchid? I've tried all kinds of different things (Crys->Linkens->MKB, MKB->Skadi, Force->Mek->Dagon) but none of them feels like the "right choice" the way Orchid feels after Phase.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom