• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Got my Dota 2 shirts. Large fits pretty well, the XL I got is really damn long, but I guess I can wear it. I don't think I'm ever going to use the puck shirt outside of TI4.

Why is VP playing with 4 standins. How am I supposed to get Fantasy Points!

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
TB might be OP but you are vastly exaggerating his ability to withstand nukes. I think it's important to be honest with a character's disadvantages, no matter how powerful they are otherwise. Heroes like Sand King will crunch TB every time unless TB is running around with a heart.

Sorry but I have to disagree completely. Part of what makes TB so powerful is his early laning, dota is a snowball game after all, and I don't think much of anything compares with TB dual or trilanes. His base HP pool is enough to survive level 1-2 nukes and his high armor + a shield + high regen make right clicking him average around 10-25 damage. The SK will get his asshole torn open repeatedly in a dual or trilane and TB will have a quick treads + drums or treads + yasha that already give him much more survivability than most heroes.

Let's also not forget that with reflection being so good at level 1, TB has the luxury of being able to spam stats after he maxes conjure image/meta and this also solves his deficiencies rather quickly. I guess what I'm trying to say is yes, while he does have a little less HP than the majority of heroes at levels 1-3, these are negated very quickly considering the rest of his base stat kit, his item build, and his skill build.

TB has around the same health as SF, Luna, Weaver, Medusa, Clinkz, and Sniper, and of that group he's one of the most equipped to minimize said weakness fairly quickly (not to mention it's partially off-set by his high MS, armor, regen; his ability to dump points into stats fairly quickly and as an illusion hero he has the added advantage of exponentially increasing both his damage and survivability with stat items). In my opinion, this vulnerability is far too small/minor to bring down the hero on it's own, he needs a few other "weaknesses" like the majority of other heroes in dota (whether that be more scaling, mana management, farm reliance, etc...). He's no more vulnerable to nukes than most other agi heroes, it's not an "omg wow" glaring weakness like with SF's mobility or CK's mana issues.

Want to make TB's hp pool a glaring weakness? Give him 11 or 12 base strength at level 1 and up his str gain from 1.9 to 2.0. The hero deserves plenty of nerfs in the form of expanding his vulnerabilities and adding to his weaknesses and this is coming from the biggest TB fanboy ever for 8 years counting.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
GG Fnatic. Who needs Lycan's pussy rat dota when you can 3-shot towers at 20 minutes with Tiny and Alch?

Anuxinamoon

Shaper Divine
WOOO thats such an awesome win! Ahhh that draft had me going.. wut? but then saw h4nn1 get free farm and seeing how they were able to shut down silent and resolution. Man what a game :D

M.D

I had no idea what fly was thinking when he made that draft, but it worked out great

lion is such a strong support

congratz fnatic!

Artanisix

Sorry but I have to disagree completely. Part of what makes TB so powerful is his early laning, dota is a snowball game after all, and I don't think much of anything compares with TB dual or trilanes. His base HP pool is enough to survive level 1-2 nukes and his high armor + a shield + high regen make right clicking him average around 10-25 damage. The SK will get his asshole torn open repeatedly in lane and TB will have a quick treads + drums or treads + yasha that already give him much more survivability than most heroes.

Let's also not forget that with reflection being so good at level 1, TB has the luxury of being able to spam stats after he maxes conjure image/meta and this also solves his deficiencies rather quickly.

I guess what I'm trying to say is yes, while he does have a little less HP than the majority of heroes at levels 1-3, these are negated very quickly considering the rest of his base stat kit, his item build, and his skill build.

TB has around the same health as SF, Luna, Weaver, Medusa, Clinkz, and Sniper, and of that group he's one of the most equipped to minimize said weakness fairly quickly (not to mention it's partially off-set by his high MS, armor, regen; his ability to dump points into stats fairly quickly and as an illusion hero he has the added advantage of exponentially increasing both his damage and survivability with stat items). In my opinion, this vulnerability is far too small/minor to bring down the hero on it's own, he needs a few other "weaknesses" like the majority of other heroes in dota (whether that be more scaling, mana management, farm reliance, etc...).

Would you like to point out where, exactly, in my post that I said lane SK against TB?

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
They really need to trim the fat from these DreamLeague casts. Bruno is fine for stats and after the game discussion but should not be present at all in the casting and this other guy, whose name I don't know, is just entirely useless and does nothing but offer stupid tangents that detract from the cast. You don't need someone useless to be there and ask dumb questions for newer players, the people with game knowledge just need to be more regular with discussing basic concepts. Listening to DreamLeague these days is like being in Mumble while we watch a game, just some people talking while dota is on.

Edit: The guy is Shane.

Seems like there's been a huge glut of competitive Dota in the past few weeks (multiple matches worth watching each day.) It's kind of overwhelming.

Is it just the lead-up to TI4 with tons of tournaments wrapping up ahead of invites/qualifiers? Just seems like too much to keep up with.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Oh yeah, one change I would like to see to Ember is if he wasn't invulnerable during SoF, only untargable, so Blademail/Necro creeps would be a potential way to deal with him.

Acinixys

They really need to trim the fat from these DreamLeague casts. Bruno is fine for stats and after the game discussion but should not be present at all in the casting and this other guy, whose name I don't know, is just entirely useless and does nothing but offer stupid tangents that detract from the cast. You don't need someone useless to be there and ask dumb questions for newer players, the people with game knowledge just need to be more regular with discussing basic concepts. Listening to DreamLeague these days is like being in Mumble while we watch a game, just some people talking while dota is on.

Dreamleague cast is shit

They talk shit 99% of the time and miss so many fights

BeesEight

I actually really enjoy rat dota/split pushing so I can't say I agree.

Agreed.

I don't even know what people want from the game anymore. They don't like the death ball. They don't like farming. They don't like split pushing...

A lot of these suggestions for nerfs sound more like "I'm tired of this hero being popular in the pro-scene right now" than actual consideration for overall balance. It's like the people that wanted Luna nerfs when she was really trending in picks even though we all know that the pro scene is very susceptible to flavours of the month.

I am quite happy with the direction Dota has been going and I'm glad to see so many heroes are seeing a lot of use. We didn't have nearly this diversity last year or the year before and it's not just because of the larger hero pool either.

Obviously this doesn't apply to heroes not in captain's mode. I would like to see a few tweaks to Terrorblade myself.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Would you like to point out where, exactly, in my post that I said lane SK against TB?

I assumed as much because stopping TB's early game is basically the only way to stop the hero (hence why Phoenix is so good against). Aight well anyway I'll answer your specific hypothetical with an equally bombshell argument.

You: SK wrecks TB in the mid-game.
Me: SK doesn't wreck TB in the mid-game.

We cover all grounds of the argument?

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future

I agree.

Casts should be made up of two people max. One for the action shots and live action commentary, and one to compliment the first with thoughtful discussion during the down times in the game.

In my opinion Aeysee & Tralf with D2L were a great example of how to cast properly.

The recent BTS cast where they brought in DeMoN halfway through to talk with LD and the other guys just turned into a shit show. Three people is too much.

Quesa

I assumed as much because stopping TB's early game is basically the only way to stop the hero (hence why Phoenix is so good against). Aight well anyway let's answer hypotheticals with hypotheticals about a mid-game SK and TB.

Get a room or 1v1 each other or somethin man iunno

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Get a room or 1v1 each other or somethin man iunno
Boom.
OptimalVagueAmazontreeboa.gif

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like

Dreamleague cast is shit

They talk shit 99% of the time and miss so many fights
They need to ditch Lumi. I don't want to hear about the damned game. All the rest of the stuff rules.

Razzer

I feel it worked better when they had PFlax. He seemed to know when to shut up and when to prompt Draskyll into saying something good. I assume he could work like that with Lumi too. It was like a normal dual-cast with a funny guy to occasionally jump in, but with restraint.

Low Tier
dude just farm a slark up against tb and be like here fishy fishy trust i see it happen all the fucking time for some reason fuck dota

Artanisix

I assumed as much because stopping TB's early game is basically the only way to stop the hero (hence why Phoenix is so good against). Aight well anyway I'll answer your specific hypothetical with an equally bombshell argument.

Your argument is TB is immune to nukes.
My argument is you exaggerate too much for your own good.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Your argument is TB is immune to nukes.
My argument is you exaggerate too much for your own good.

Would you like to point out where, exactly, in my post that I said TB is immune to nukes?

All I'm trying to claim is that people tend to exaggerate his HP weakness and the impact/effectiveness of nukers like Lina in a lane against TB at level 1-2 (where he can outright kill you most of the time). But TB can in fact lose games and doesn't have 100% winrate, who knew? Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

Chris R

Got my Dota 2 shirts. Large fits pretty well, the XL I got is really damn long, but I guess I can wear it. I don't think I'm ever going to use the puck shirt outside of TI4.

Why is VP playing with 4 standins. How am I supposed to get Fantasy Points!

They are so damn long. I hate tucking polos but I can't see any other way to wear them :(

Top Bottom