• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

shira

42893.jpg

This is pretty neat, I wonder if valve makes it. LED water bottle, changes from green/yellow/red/purple

Kard8p3

dota has legit been unplayable for me since the new patch, been getting 500-700 ping for 90% of the match. I know it's not my internet because we just upgraded today lmao.

Kioshen

What timezone are you in?

If your around GMT -5/6 add me on Steam. Same as my name here.

I'm pretty trash tier, but I can help you get the mechanics down.

I'm in the eastern time zone so that's close enough.

*quick snip of useful tips*

tl;dr: to become a decent player in any role you'll have to understand the fundamentals of every role. Supports don't have less impact than carries - a bad support simply loses a match early while a bad carry throws it away late.

Yeah it was mostly because during the bot games we didn't have a proper support going so I picked those to help out. My friend also likes to pick carry so I let him have it for now but he said he wanted me to have a carry spot whenever I'll feel like it so I can have a feel for it. I actually feel I have more impact right now as support because I don't have to be on top of my leveling. I can do some stacking, warding and aid in ganks that sort of thing.

For off laners I'm currently researching Clockwerk, Nyx Assassin, Bounty Hunter or Wind Runner (or is it ranger i dunno). As for mids, currently working on TA (fuck that viper mid bot seriously ...) and Tinker but yeah not going well. For hard carries I just don't know. Juggernaut or Luna but that's about it. Oh yeah maybe Reaver too.

Still, I greatly appreciate the tip thanks !

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
lol i just bought the new clockwer set from the market is so damn good, top 3 set right there gentlement. Clockwerk looks boss!

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Dota -> LoL -> HoN -> LoL -> HoN -> DOTA2
-> Hearthstone

Artanisix

So, how many of you guys played DotA, and how did you find the transition to Dota 2?

Played dota for a long time (around 5 years).

Entered into neogaf create-a-hero competition to win some keys, almost won but got fucking swindled by hongaf and some sportsgaf derivative.

Entered in a playdota.com competition and won three beta keys anyway. Gave my extra two keys to tswiftx and 1.09.

Competition holder on Gaf felt bad for my swindle scenario because he felt my entry was the best. Acquired another key from Icefrog and gave it to me. Think I gave that key to Hyuna/Ryan.

I got into beta in September or October, when the community was only a few hundred strong. I got so many pms from people on playdota begging for keys.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I remember wanting to get a key as a Christmas gift for a friend.

Signed onto playdota, entered their daily (weekly?) raffle, then left with a key.

Ezito.

Satch

Banned
i remember getting into the beta

i picked centaur, stood in the fountain, couldnt figure out what to do, abandoned the game, and then didnt play ever again until the game left beta (i think???)

i got banned from gaf for like 3 months and then my friend told me to start playing and he taught me what to do and here i am today

Sibylus

Banned
First dotalike game was Leeg, had fun but didn't get hooked like with Dota. Was gifted a beta key in December 2011 and have been playing since.

Kade

I played WC3 DoTA with some friends a long time ago and then I played one bot match of LoL in 2012 and then I played Dota 2.

Also my story is that I played League for around a year and a half (roughly Rumble/Vayne --> Thresh) and then gave that up for this due to various factors.

I like Dota 2 more to say the least.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Dota 2 was my first moba. Didn't have a gaming-capable PC between 2008 and 2013. Pretty much started playing Dota 2 like a week after I built this computer and have since forgot what playing games that actually make me feel good about myself feels like.

Randdalf

I played League with my friends in preparation for Dota 2 coming out. I never really got that game to be quite honest, everyone else I played with was better than me and I just didn't really know what I was doing. I actually watched loads of pro Dota 2 before getting my key from Valve, so I actually knew pretty well what the game was about, and even got hyped for hero updates when I couldn't even play the game, hehe.

Kard8p3

Dota 2 was my first moba. Didn't have a gaming-capable PC between 2008 and 2013. Pretty much started playing Dota 2 like a week after I built this computer and have since forgot what playing games that actually make me feel good about myself feels like.

Same.

Wat even r consoles

Calidor

So, how many of you guys played DotA, and how did you find the transition to Dota 2?

I played DotA when I was like 15 and I could dedicate long hours to it, unfortunately it was on a regional server (garena-like) and when I switched to dota2 I was lost in the new meta (I was still making a couple bracers on VS) and muuuch higher level plays. Nobody counterwarded/smokeganked/jungle stacking in casual dota1.
Also I found out about the competitive scene around TI1... I wasn't interested in it before that

Razzer

The only thing about that poll I didn't like Shira is that it meant either LD, Tobi or Ayesee had to be one of the casters. Something like Draskyll Lumi would be great I reckon.

Also I put 0 on all the Ayesee options, keep him away please.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
I was in the beta.

Downloaded Dota 2 and tried playing a couple games. Found out it didn't have fixed cam like I used in LoL so I left and went back to LoL.

I am ashamed.

Same.

Wat even r consoles

They're like Swiffers. Real good at collecting dust.

shira

The only thing about that poll I didn't like Shira is that it meant either LD, Tobi or Ayesee had to be one of the casters. Something like Draskyll Lumi would be great I reckon.

Also I put 0 on all the Ayesee options, keep him away please.

oh, you're one of those people

Kard8p3

Man I find myself playing less and less DOTA, lately I've just been spectating people like 109/pro/bokr/milk while vaping and watching Supernatural LMAO.

GAF how do I love DOTA again?

Top Bottom