• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

Got into an AR match and the opposing team lvl 1 Rosh'd. I was so damn surprised that they coordinated that. I mean they had Ursa and WK but I didn't expect a team of 5 strangers to actually do it. Game was lost from there, we had a 5 carry lineup versus their 5 carry lineup and they had the early rosh advantage. Also I don't like Medusa.

SamVimes

Got into an AR match and the opposing team lvl 1 Rosh'd. I was so damn surprised that they coordinated that. I mean they had Ursa and WK but I didn't expect a team of 5 strangers to actually do it. Game was lost from there, we had a 5 carry lineup versus their 5 carry lineup and they had the early rosh advantage. Also I don't like Medusa.

heh, the only level 1 rosh i ever did in a pub was with 4 randoms in ar.

Arkanius

Downscaled Dota looks bloody great.

http://dota2.cyborgmatt.com/Dota2_Downscale01.jpg

wI4NsJC.jpg

Fantastic texture work. 4K really makes high res textures shine.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
My only level 1 rosh I did was in a solo queue and I think it was SD after we had picked 3 heroes.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Well done intro. Hopefully it's just a promo and not a 50 second reel that plays before everything all the time.

Randdalf

If you can co-ordinate a level 1 rosh, it's much easier in a party naturally, the advantage you have in a pub game is huge. When we did it, with some rehearsals in a lobby before hand, our level advantage just let us stomp all over the enemy team in the early game.

manfestival

I havent played dota in over a week. I am afraid to play fellas... IM SO SCARED. Last game I played I went sven and went like 11-4-11

Why is Necro's pub win% close to 60%? Do I fail to see what's good about him? He doesn't strike me as a pub stomper. I also think he's pretty bad all around.

Arkanius

Why is Necro's pub win% close to 60%? Do I fail to see what's good about him? He doesn't strike me as a pub stomper. I also think he's pretty bad all around.

I have been playing with him lately.
He is a beast because of Heartstopper aura. You staying alive in a team fight can really destroy the other team. You are a walking Radiance.

EDITED

Also, going mid with him and using Sadist will guarantee you health and mana if you keep last hitting well. You can also use your heal/nuke skill to harass. When someone gets low health due the harass you just use your Ult, kill them and get full life/mana due Sadist. Rinse and repeat in the lane. Melee have a very hard time laning against Necrophos.

Nymerio

Is there something like a heat map for kills on the dota map? There are some obvious spots but I'd really like to see a detailed map for this.

bounchfx

awesome, it went up! Our first real exposure, I'm still kinda in disbelief.

Bounch how big is that the 22 or the 24 cintiqHD. Thirsty for upgrade.

Edit: What!!!!?!!!! anuxi just runs a 6x9 intuos. I guess size doesn't matter

It's actually an older 21UX I bought from a friend. Size totally doens't make a difference, it's all about preference. I have a lot of artist friends that prefer intuous.. it's kind of a tradeoff. Do you want to draw directly on screen? or do you want to be able to see the full screen without your hand blocking it, plus potentially more ergonomic since your arm doesn't need to be raised for extended periods of time. I've considered upgrading.. but I really have no reason to. I love this thing, square screen ratio and all.

ok I kinda wish it was widescreen.

Top Bottom