• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

shira

wtf you can post pictures of your students on your personal website now?

3868001_orig.gif

Mordeccai

man, those games where you get an early blink with earth shaker. games like that are why I play dota.

Blinkin and slammin all day long. Feels so good to just solo a support with a totem smack to the head.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
all of the copypasta in the comments is making me cackle

I'm just picturing this math teacher just sitting dumbfounded in his chair trying to figure out why the fuck people are posting that nonsense on his website.

Razzer

http://dotabuff.com/matches/639848258

Man just had my most clinical feeling game in a while. Legion, had to go Jungle, bought wards to start for pudge, sacrificed my own farm to help him and buy sentries etc, meaning a 15 min blink, and we were losing, but with almost no verbal communication our team coordinated really well, always playing it defensive, keeping wards up, letting each other know about Mirana ults. And duel is so so great for pickoffs. Anyone even a smidgeon out of position and I jumped on them. So despite getting a 25 min AC I still had the duel damage to keep up, and then we started to win full on fights. At that point they kinda just fell apart, hence the kill difference.

Would a 4 position LC played like Axe be viable? As long as you are smart about Duels ( I won every single one in this game) then you can use her as a pickoff machine, and her heal gives her enough usefulness to not be the frontliner, kinda like a pseudo-Abaddon. And if you are winning those duels you can build into a semi carry later, which is when you start going in first in fights. Unlike Axe you don't fall off as long as you are regularly winning duels. As long as they don't have an early push lineup or aggro tri then I thing it could work.

Satch

Banned
idk i think in the past before they nerfed tresdins passive that was a little more viable but shes just too squishy for all the manhandling that axe takes and doesnt even do near as much damage

if you get focused down by three heroes youre most likely not going to survive it, and you cant do infinite ults in the event that the duel is successful (and you have the mana) like axe can

whatever she does can be done more efficiently by other heroes, and she doesnt have the versatility to make up for an inability to snowball. she cant take the pressure off of the rest of your team in the middle of a teamfight like axe can with his taunt, and her ult leaves her helpless in a teamfight

like whoa you dueled cm and got free damage too bad youre immediately dead after it

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
I wish legion commander was actually a commander of legions. Give her some goddamned summons, just 1 ability at least.

Legit make her nuke like terrorblade's fun old reflection, aoe 25% slow that puts a summoned "legionnaire" on every hero hit that attacks for X damage over a few seconds. Or give her an aghs that lets her ganbang with some badass legionnaires during duel.

Her name is "legion commander" after all, not gladiator/duelist.

Satch

Banned
steven stop anbokr is right

maybe she needs a skill like centaur ult but not as intense

Edit: like press the attack could work in an aoe around her and give attack and move speed but no heal idk icefrog pls buff my favorite hero :(((((

Razzer

idk i think in the past before they nerfed tresdins passive that was a little more viable but shes just too squishy for all the manhandling that axe takes and doesnt even do near as much damage

if you get focused down by three heroes youre most likely not going to survive it, and you cant do infinite ults in the event that the duel is successful (and you have the mana) like axe can

whatever she does can be done more efficiently by other heroes, and she doesnt have the versatility to make up for an inability to snowball. she cant take the pressure off of the rest of your team in the middle of a teamfight like axe can with his taunt, and her ult leaves her helpless in a teamfight

like whoa you dueled cm and got free damage too bad youre immediately dead after it

Yeah, Axe is a bad comparison. In the right situations it's more like Fiends Grip, 5 seconds of single target lock down, just not through BKB. Which is why it's more about pickoffs than fights. Then when you have built armour and hp you will be able to survive those 3 heroes. I guess I just jumped on Axe cus she makes someone attack her.

Edit: Her lore is that her Legion was slaughtered by the demon horde and she's on a bloody quest for revenge. The ones left fire the arrows.

So I haven't really played much (don't even have 100 games under my belt), but I've noticed teams pick heroes to play support when the heroes technically aren't classified as support. Anyone know which heroes more known to be picked like that?

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
So I haven't really played much (don't even have 100 games under my belt), but I've noticed teams pick heroes to play support when the heroes technically aren't classified as support. Anyone know which heroes more known to be picked like that?
Doesn't really matter if they have an impact and play the role at where you are. They probably just picked early or are sticking to a few heroes. Often lanes can just go really dumb and no on talks to rotate them.
I'll take any hard carry as a support if they stack-pull, control lane aggro, ward and rotate.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
http://dotabuff.com/matches/639890671

Had the most amazing match as riki, followed this guide that said to get tranquil boots instead of treads and i thought they were fucking insane....until i tried it, it totally works! Tranquil boots gives needed regen in lane and helps you roam faster when 6, sure you miss some attack speed and hp but you can make it up with other items.
Anyway i don't want to say i carried that match all by myself my team certainly helped specially when i made the dumbest fucking mistakes ever. Riki is pretty good overall i like the hero his aoe silence can be a team fight turner when used effectively specially when canceeling enigma's ult.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
http://dotabuff.com/matches/639890671

Had the most amazing match as riki, followed this guide that said to get tranquil boots instead of treads and i thought they were fucking insane....until i tried it, it totally works! Tranquil boots gives needed regen in lane and helps you roam faster when 6, sure you miss some attack speed and hp but you can make it up with other items.
Anyway i don't want to say i carried that match all by myself my team certainly helped specially when i made the dumbest fucking mistakes ever. Riki is pretty good overall i like the hero his aoe silence can be a team fight turner when used effectively specially when canceeling enigma's ult.
Why would tranqs give regen in lane when you are attacking and denying every creep? I could see a point for Phase/Tranq for roaming.
Riki already has fantastic base hp regen

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Why would tranqs give regen in lane when you are attacking and denying every creep? I could see a point for Phase/Tranq for roaming.
Riki already has fantastic base hp regen

because in pubs is all about the harass harass and more harass, even tough he has 2.3 base regen if you get below 100 hp you have to either go back to base or hide for forever to regen, at least with tranquils you don't never actually have to leave lane which is not the case with other boot options.

Aselith

02/05/2014 2:43pm

HEY ARTOUR KUN ~~ ITS SAMANTHA FROM CHEM CLASS ^.^ YOU’RE SO CUTE, I CAN’T STOP WATCHING YOUR STONED FACE ON STREAM... IT JUST MAKES MY DAY, GAWSH IM SO WET RIGHT NOW <3 I HAD A WETDREAM LAST NIGHT TAHT YOU AND EE-SAMA WERE HAVING SEX.. GAWSH WISH I COULD JOIN. GOOD LUCK WITH TI-4 ARTOUR-SAMA <3 ALL THE BEST,

shira pls

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
because in pubs is all about the harass harass and more harass, even tough he has 2.3 base regen if you get below 100 hp you have to either go back to base or hide for forever to regen, at least with tranquils you don't never actually have to leave lane which is not the case with other boot options.
Ooooooh you mean just soaking EXP on the side, gotcha.
Still think extra regen or a Salve would be nicer, how long are you going to be in laning phase really.

Ketch

You could just buy an extra set of tangoes for 125g and get boots that aren't garbage.

Quesa

Ok this is the kind of game I needed to get back into this

http://dotabuff.com/matches/639909118

Not gonna lie SK created huge amounts of space by winning teamfights singlehandedly which let me take all their shit. Satch and Haz this dude may be the most baller SK I've seen.

lycan's not scummy anymore right the ult nerf makes him fox news right

Aselith

You could just buy an extra set of tangoes for 125g and get boots that aren't garbage.

Yeah, tranquils only really seem worth it to me for a nonaggressive support on the solo offlane like a lich or something. Seeing people get them on PL and riki hurts my heart and it happens all the time. :/ I had a Riki tell me one time he got them for "chase speed'

And people getting them on Axe still...really, bro?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I mean, Tranqs is fine on Axe.

It's either Tranqs, Arcane or BoT.

Razzer

Yeah with Axe they can be good as the extra armour helps you tank early on when you can spin to win. Also, if you put them down and pick them back up whilst jungling the regen is still pretty useful.

Aselith

Treads or Phase on Axe then?

I get brown boots and make other stuff earlier. He's not really a dude that needs upgraded boots for a lot of the game. Complete those last. Any boots you complete you're spending ~1000 gold on that could go towards a blink or a vanguard or whatever.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Yeah with Axe they can be good as the extra armour helps you tank early on when you can spin to win. Also, if you put them down and pick them back up whilst jungling the regen is still pretty useful.

Ok, this is what I have been doing when I play Axe.

Just wanted to know if I was doing it all wrong. Usually I go Tranqs to BoT late game.

I get brown boots and make other stuff earlier. He's not really a dude that needs upgraded boots for a lot of the game. Complete those last. Any boots you complete you're spending ~1000 gold on that could go towards a blink or a vanguard or whatever.

In my tier the other players on my team aren't really doing anything by the time I would be able to rush a blink/vanguard after browns anyways. And Axe doesn't seem to solo well unless you get lucky with Helix's.

How much has that skill changed now that it's pRNG?

Aselith

Ok, this is what I have been doing when I play Axe.

Just wanted to know if I was doing it all wrong. Usually I go Tranqs to BoT late game.

In my tier the other players on my team aren't really doing anything by the time I would be able to rush a blink/vanguard after browns anyways. And Axe doesn't seem to solo well unless you get lucky with Helix's.

How much has that skill changed now that it's pRNG?

Axe can gank very easily. Rush blink and go make stuff happen with the taunt.

Top Bottom