• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

I just did my first draft ever, any opinions? We crushed, but that was because their draft was just insane.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/650523299

Picked Doom to counter Slark. Clock off, SF mid, trilane bot(Doom decided to jungle instead...). Clockwerk was really good, so our offlane won hard, and we snowballed from there.

I was kind of hoping the match went on for longer but it was over by the time I got any items up :(

Not too hot on these Bristle bracers with the weird candle on it, but the rest of the set is really nice and fits Bristle really well.

For some reason the loading screen doesn't come with it though.

Saw Anuxi post this on Polycount from Valve
Single item treasures aren’t dead. They have only been delayed. We have two ready or almost ready to go, but recently we’ve been doing experiments with the set treasures since that’s an entirely new feature. We also aren’t sure how quickly we can ship treasures vs burning out the community or what not. I would expect to start seeing more regular single item treasures soon.

The last set crate we shipped had items from mostly entirely new contributors, but I don’t know if the community noticed. We want to make sure we’re regularly shipping content from up and comers, but maybe we should be more explicit about that goal.

We want to increase how many items we ship…from experienced contributors and from novices that do good work…and I hope you’ll start to see that soon.

I think this might be the last set crate, and after this will probably be a mix of set crates, single item crates and regular store sets.

My dream is TF2 styled 100 item giga-chests of single items.

Also this is probably one of the single item chests

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
This Earthshaker set N0tail has is amazin, but almost too good. It's really really flashy.

also

hBcUWNS.png

ded gaem

It seems even Butch is fairly common from these chests. When I say common, I mean, you'll probably get it after 4 or 5 chests, versus like 50 for old rares.

Glad to see the rare item formula being tweaked a bit. I wonder if it applied to all chests, or just this one.

Manus

Man I just love the salty PL tears. Got him in AR last night and was me kotol against solo Ursa. Had a 10 minute Diffusal up and just stomped them. The entire game Ursa complains I'm a broken OP hero. I don't get the hate he's so easy to stop the first 15 minutes. Yeah he's a bitch 40 minutes in, but if it gets that late with not a single death he's insane.

Pratfall

Cool PA I laned with went treads, HOD, BKB against a clowny Lifestealer, weaver, clinx, CK, Lone Druid right clicking team. Literally no damage.

manfestival

oh I understand now. I guess I should look at the names of those that post here more often. thanks for the update peeps. league of legends is a fun game

Calidor

She is a poster on Gaf having tech troubles with Dota, leading me to think she tried League.

You can expect replies filled with PoP-Gaf style emotes now.

I'm in a relationship crisis with dota due to my stagnant MMR and I'll like to try LoL just for gigs and taking a break. (I've never played LoL)

how hard is to get a grip of things going on, from an average Dota player (3,8k MMR) perspective? will I feed endlessly? I played HoN briefly between the transition from DotA to Dota 2 and didn't seem too different.

Oh and I won't spend a dime on it, so I'll have to play with whatever is given to me for free

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
It's really easy to pick up. You'll be dominating people from game 1.

Yes, mostly because you 'll be going in with hundreds of matches worth of MOBA experience. There's still a tom to be learned, but there is a big advantage playing with noobs who've never played a MOBA in their lives. Many mechanics and concepts translate directly. Only the burden of knowledge and understanding of that games particulars will hold you back.

manfestival

haha no, well at least not in the sense of being a good league player. maybe owning complete noobs to gaming

Teemo is pretty easy to dominate with if you have map awareness. I have always been a fan of tankier types such as volibear, amumu, and skarner(I love me some racecar skarner)

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
haha no, well at least not in the sense of being a good league player. maybe owning complete noobs to gaming
DOTA2 matchmaking algorithm will catch smurfs and bump them up accordingly, but a new League account guaranteed ez game/ez rares due to the leveling system.

So I like this Chaos Knight horse and I never play CK, so I wanted to grab it real cheap just in case I random him or something, but the entire set is like 15 cents more than the horse and now I have an entire set for a hero I never play and now own 50% of the sets released yesterday.

Yep...

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
I'm in a relationship crisis with dota due to my stagnant MMR and I'll like to try LoL just for gigs and taking a break. (I've never played LoL)

how hard is to get a grip of things going on, from an average Dota player (3,8k MMR) perspective? will I feed endlessly? I played HoN briefly between the transition from DotA to Dota 2 and didn't seem too different.

Oh and I won't spend a dime on it, so I'll have to play with whatever is given to me for free

Play Smite, if you're going to play the inferior game might as well make it palatable with the different PoV. Gives you other things to focus on so you aren't pulling your hair out because you can't teleport to towers as you see the slowest gank ever roll in on the other side of the map.

manfestival

im tired of chaos knight and abbadon sets

PLEASE PEOPLE BE MORE CREATIVE! Most of the sets barely look different from the others

league haters pls go

im tired of chaos knight and abbadon sets

PLEASE PEOPLE BE MORE CREATIVE! Most of the sets barely look different from the others

league haters pls go

If you like blue skeleton horses, you have Abaddon, if you like red skeleton horses, you have Chaos Knight

But yea, I agree. Alliance's Abaddon set is a fairly good breath of fresh air with the long cloak and bare hood.

Top Bottom