• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
There is now a button to search for gems on the market when you are inscribing an item. The results aren't very useful, the first page is chen items and over priced gem packs.

fuck this i spent all day trying to figure out how to fix my game and i cant find a way to make the game playable so i quit its time to play league goodbye everybody
It's a big problem: http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=84120&page=86

I had it after 1000 games, just randomly. It makes the game near unplayable, as the 5 second freezes get you killed often. The only way I can fix it is to reset my router several times. I tried many other things, but the reset is what works. It's a very frustrating issue.

The problem seems to return when my router is turned off again, for whatever reason. It was fine, then I had a power outage and it went back to shit. Few cycles and it was back to normal.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
http://dotabuff.com/matches/649959356

FML, Windranger bought a fucking basher man and was calling people faggot the whole game and abandoned too. To be fair i made some mistakes too i shoulda went mkb instead of abyssal but the biggest problem is that after 1 hour luna got too fucking big to handle she was killing the whole team. Also enigma bought a midas and rushed a radiance,a fucking radiance! FML

Razzer

So I just had my very first game as Io ever, bots or pubs.

It went ok.

Gotta say familiarizing myself with such a unique skillset took a while, and I was a little flustered throughout, but I did an ok job of keeping Ursa sustained in fights, supported well, and even pulled off a couple of PieLieDies. Dunno how I got that many kills though, only two were from the dagon.

If there is anyone who actually knows how to play this ball, any tips on how I did and what to improve would be greatly appreciated.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
volvo give compendium plz.

I wish they'd be a little more upfront on atleast giving a timeframe for when items/patches will be released. Would benefit both parties.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Since my mmr has gone to shit i have decided that from now i shall only play support for a bit to see if something changes, seriously i have to try something new this mmr hell fucking sucks.

Skadi on Lina, no other items just fast Skadi and boots is that a legit build?

Not really. You don't want to prolong a right click fight with carry Lina, which is all Skadi would help with. You just want to bust in fully stacked with Fiery Souls and machine gun fireball them during LSA and then finish it with Laguna.

Razzer

Since my mmr has gone to shit i have decided that from now i shall only play support for a bit to see if something changes, seriously i have to try something new this mmr hell fucking sucks.

Read the ward guides that Steve posted earlier, they are a good start in the world of good supporting.

Chris R

Well, last night's good games were met with FUCKING SHIT tonight.

Bloodseeker, maybe go kill that Enigma in their jungle at 10% HP some time you dipshit. Just sucks, because if BS was roaming and ganking we might have had a different game :( Instead I pop a haste rune, try to gank enigma and end up pulling everyone else into a team fight we lose 4 and they only lose the Enigma I finally got.

Patch post yo'

http://www.ongamers.com/articles/dota-2-8th-may-patch-content-analysis/1100-1404/

9911-dota2_courier_butch.png

Those are already in the files from Spring Cleaning. They are all Nexon related.

Saucy_XL

Banned
Solo ranked games are gunna kill me.

Just need to vent this one...

Dazzle picks solo support. So far so good. He then proceeds to buy a courier and drop it on the ground without using - making us courier-less for first 5 minutes. Next he flames us for asking for wards. Then he mutes the entire team. He barely joins the rest of the team, and wont accept himself being the support (even though he picked it). Somehow we're winning and we get their mid and bot raxes. Whew! Despite our non-existant solo support we are going to win! Oh how wrong I was.. We decide to rosh before pushing the last set of raxes, but he doesn't come, despite our pings and chat (he muted us anyway). Well we die at rosh, and he decides that's his queue to farm the jungle for the next 30 minutes as we slowly lose our hold on the game. He's doing this to spite us for god knows what (expecting him to play a game of dota apparently), and we finally lose 30 minutes after we downed their raxxes. Man what a game..

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
So this Pudge courier's in high demand or something? I'm real behind on what's going on with the cosmetics.

No clue. It should be rare (Debatable, since I think Valve actually gave it twice the drop chance it should have), and it is currently not marketable due to some screw up on Valves end.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Read the ward guides that Steve posted earlier, they are a good start in the world of good supporting.

Will certainly do so even tough i think i already know all the good ward spots. Anyway i just got a match as a venomancer support and......i FUCKING WON YES THE STREAK IS BROKEN FUCK YOU ICEFROG! I'll continue my mmr road via only supporting because i feel empowered now.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/650146957

Also i wonder what happened to veno in the pro dota scene its been months since i last saw a veno pick.

Dazzle picks solo support. So far so good. He then proceeds to buy a courier and drop it on the ground without using - making us courier-less for first 5 minutes. Next he flames us for asking for wards. Then he mutes the entire team. He barely joins the rest of the team, and wont accept himself being the support (even though he picked it). Somehow we're winning and we get their mid and bot raxes. Whew! Despite our non-existant solo support we are going to win! Oh how wrong I was.. We decide to rosh before pushing the last set of raxes, but he doesn't come, despite our pings and chat (he muted us anyway). Well we die at rosh, and he decides that's his queue to farm the jungle for the next 30 minutes as we slowly lose our hold on the game. He's doing this to spite us for god knows what (expecting him to play a game of dota apparently), and we finally lose 30 minutes after we downed their raxxes. Man what a game..

Sounds hilarious. Got a Dotabuff link of that game?

Chris R

Oh and I love how in game with a 4 stack and a solo player (me) the solo player is ALWAYS the one at fault, every single time.

Wok

Yesterday, Sniper picked mid. Lots of talk in Russian were written in the team chat between Sniper and Axe. Sniper went afk in the base, then came back (so no abdandon) but only to start feeding the courier and himself to the opposite team. He did not stop before Axe abandoned and the whole team quit.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I don't think a game of Dota will ever make me feel better than this one.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/650220412

AM get's practically six slotted by 30 minutes in. He proceeds to talk so much shit half our team mutes him. Gets cocky and tries fountain diving with only one set of our rax down and dies to cold snap + hex. We manage to win...

Top Bottom