• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

Satch

Banned
What software did you use to capture it? Probably an option for that

When you make videos like that, you should show the hero's items if they aren't already obvious (Radiance aura visual, etc.).

Also what program did you use to record it? I use DXTory (the paid version) myself and love it, and use OBS for streaming.

i used OBS

i think procarbine told me to use it but its SHIT

Quesa

i used OBS

i think procarbine told me to use it but its SHIT

what's your rig like? if it's good enough to handle it I'm pretty sure you could just up the bitrate and muck with some options to get it going. I use OBS for recording and streaming and it works great.

Gav47

Bruno updated his twitter profile

0qqYXDw.png

Satch

Banned
what's your rig like? if it's good enough to handle it I'm pretty sure you could just up the bitrate and muck with some options to get it going. I use OBS for recording and streaming and it works great.

i dont have a rig i just play dota on my laptop

Pratfall

I think my biggest limitation as a carry player is being way over aggressive and dying too much. I have been playing more bristle and even though the hero is so strong, I still over extend that tiny bit too much that gets me killed. I feel myself start to snowball and then just attack three dudes and die. When you guys start to feel like you are way ahead of most of the other team, what do you do? Go and farm jungle, stay safe and get more ahead? I always feel like I need to just start fighting.

Also nerf terrorblade the hero is totally broken.

Ketch

I think my biggest limitation as a carry player is being way over aggressive and dying too much. I have been playing more bristle and even though the hero is so strong, I still over extend that tiny bit too much that gets me killed. I feel myself start to snowball and then just attack three dudes and die. When you guys start to feel like you are way ahead of most of the other team, what do you do? Go and farm jungle, stay safe and get more ahead? I always feel like I need to just start fighting.

Also nerf terrorblade the hero is totally broken.

I do the same thing. I lane or farm until I think to myself "Ok, now I'm ready to fight" and then I go pick a fight... and sometimes (everytime) things go poorly. I have to just remind myself to keep doing what I'm doing, and let the fights come to me. TP or run to team fights, if you're feeling it, but don't force anything.

What do you do when you get a head? get more a head.

Quesa

i dont have a rig i just play dota on my laptop

welp

I have the exact opposite issue, I think. I'm too much of a coward.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Goddamn Radiance Naga is broken as fuck. Just got finished winning a game that by all accounts we would have otherwise lost except that she got radiance like 50 minutes in and then the entire enemy team melted. Just melted. Including their tanks like Axe and Clock

Naga Siren Arteezy Set ideas so far from what I have from asking last time:

A sadboys somewhere on her chest.
Sadboys on her weapon?
Radiance somehwere
Manta somewhere

RnB naga outfit? lol

I'm so lost. Any other personality or uniquely arteezy naga ideas I can stew over or put into the set design?

Do you think the community will hate me putting S A D B O Y S on her breastplate? lol
You could have a tear design somewhere on her armour/headdress. It fits thematically (both with S A D B O Y S and tears/water) and it would be a hell of a lot more subtle.

I like the Radiance/Diffusal idea.

I would love to play DotA more but unfortunately it has been locking up my computer the past 2-3 monthes. It's the only game I have played that does it (fine playing WoW, BF4, Diablo 3, CS:GO, Tomb Raider, PoE, and countless others) and it also only seems to be when Terrorblade is in the game. Whenever I play as TB my whole computer will lock up and I have to completely restart it, multiple times, usually leading to an Abandon which sucks since I had played nearly 700 games with only 2 prior to this problem. The only error file I found just said that it was Driver-related, but I've updated my drivers every single update so I am kind of out of options.

Anyone had similar issues?

Duesy

Goddamn Radiance Naga is broken as fuck. Just got finished winning a game that by all accounts we would have otherwise lost except that she got radiance like 50 minutes in and then the entire enemy team melted. Just melted. Including their tanks like Axe and Clock

I don't seem to have the problem you do against this hero. Had one yesterday get a 16 minute radiance and we still stomped them. Team just has to commit to ending or else you'll get split pushed to death.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
I wouldn't pay much attention when someone is taking about huge changes with April Fools being tomorrow.

I would love to play DotA more but unfortunately it has been locking up my computer the past 2-3 monthes. It's the only game I have played that does it (fine playing WoW, BF4, Diablo 3, CS:GO, Tomb Raider, PoE, and countless others) and it also only seems to be when Terrorblade is in the game. Whenever I play as TB my whole computer will lock up and I have to completely restart it, multiple times, usually leading to an Abandon which sucks since I had played nearly 700 games with only 2 prior to this problem. The only error file I found just said that it was Driver-related, but I've updated my drivers every single update so I am kind of out of options.

Anyone had similar issues?

i used to get bsods when i played on fullscreen. after switching to windowed mode it hasn't happened anymore

also, this game seems to be really bugged wrt to audio. sometimes it sort of freezes and the audio stops, then comes back at full volume. this was supposed to fix sound issues with team fortress 2, but in my experience it doesn't work with dota 2. maybe it could help you though, who even knows. it seems to only happen with some patches and not with others though

i remember always seeing people saying to turn off animated portraits too. but i think that's just for performance

i used to get bsods when i played on fullscreen. after switching to windowed mode it hasn't happened anymore

also, this game seems to be really bugged wrt to audio. sometimes it sort of freezes and the audio stops, then comes back at full volume. this was supposed to fix sound issues with team fortress 2, but in my experience it doesn't work with dota 2. maybe it could help you though, who even knows. it seems to only happen with some patches and not with others though

i remember always seeing people saying to turn off animated portraits too. but i think that's just for performance

I will definitely try in Windowed mode, I can't think of a reliable way to test it though, I guess just play some bot matches as TB and hope any changes work. I've run into the audio issue and fixed it, kept happening to me in TF2 and a few other games. I'll also give turning animated portraits off as well since I only really notice them when the game is paused anyway.

Top Bottom