• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calidor

So I was talking with a buddy about old school Dota, WC3 regular Dota and how different it was. Made me think it would be pretty cool if Valve had like a throwback mode to 1.0 or something. Hell make it a stretch goal. Will never happen but I think it would be cool go to back. I wonder if Dota is still active in the WC3 vanilla community.

you don't want to play old dota. It would be really dull and boring by today's standard:

less / simpler items choices: 2 bracers battlefury tidehunters (no refresher back then)
dumb and unbalanced items/skillsets: Naix had only 4 passives, unstoppable blink daggers, rearmed bkbs
less mechanics: no smoke ganks, dusts, etc
MUCH less heroes

Don't lie to me Sanjay. While I agree that there wasn't much dialogue or exchange of ideas, that's your post man, not chair's. Of course he'll say thanks for proving my point, he was put in a lousy position. He answered your driveby dotabuff with another driveby.

Where else would your opinions come from other than experience and discussion? Chair didn't say: "I lose often on Spectre therefore I think the hero is shit." Just thought the hero was shit. This debate is stupid, just don't seriously post someone's dotabuff in place of proper discourse.

Edit: Beaten by a stupid dog

image.php

Aselith

AM is the worst hero in the game. There is literally one viable build and it is boring as fuck for 90% of the game.

Yeah but he has a cool attack animation and says cool stuff so he's cool still. Plus, you can scream FUCK MAGIC at people as you slaughter them in the late game while you laugh and laugh. Does life get any better than this? I submit that it does not.

Dares

10277011_758807744160010_1673627055112944115_n.png

Anybody know when this happened? Wanna see the video of this lmao.

They were having a late night Q&A before the FNATIC guys left and Bruno was explaining how he got into his fashion. He then showed them his wardrobe and this happened.

The also talked to Dendi on Skype.

Hylian7

Is anyone else besides Hazaro and myself in the "Earth Spirit is actually a decent hero again" club? He is actually a good hero now, just saying. I'm sure people will start to care once he makes CM
in 6.82.

Quesa

Is anyone else besides Hazaro and myself in the "Earth Spirit is actually a decent hero again" club? He is actually a good hero now, just saying. I'm sure people will start to care once he makes CM
in 6.82.

He's probably my favorite hero. I still think he's good but he has to have a team to work with.

FACE

Banned
in 6.82.

I can't play ES, therefore, he's a bad hero.

Nah, I think he's good.

G.ZZZ

Earth is fucking broken no matter what everyone else say.

It just actually need you to be good now. But the things he can do are still absurd. 1k stun range, pull people out of things, silence, escape ability, good stats and stats growth etc... EZITO.COM

Sanjay

You're the one who started the dotabuff callout shitshow Sanjay.

That post was directed towards Imp the Dimp who asked:-

Not sure what kind of experiences Freakinchair has made with her that led him to believe she can be "easily" outcarried.

I was letting him know of his lack of experience with Spectre, which he later backed up with this statement in response to the rate of wining times he played with Spectre.

Thanks for proving my point. Spectre is shit.

Which for me actually proved that he lacked knowledge or experience with Spectre as basing the quality of his winrate with Spectre as a means of hero quality.

He him self confirmed his reasoning on why he thought what.

I'm not calling Freakinchair a shit player but having said that hes definitely a shit Spectre player.

Don't lie to me Sanjay.

When did I lie.

While I agree that there wasn't much dialogue or exchange of ideas

The onus is on him to present his reasoning not mine

Of course he'll say thanks for proving my point, he was put in a lousy position. He answered your driveby dotabuff with another driveby.

I put him in his place is what your saying I see, ok that was harsh of me but he still could have rebutted a response but did he? no he replied with a "driveby" as you say.

Chair didn't say: "I lose often on Spectre therefore I think the hero is shit." Just thought the hero was shit.

He implied it with his response, I'm not in the wrong for his actions. Now your assuming his thoughts just as I did. You took it another way then myself.

This debate is stupid, just don't seriously post someone's dotabuff in place of proper discourse.

I don't see why we should censor the use of a stat driven website. I believe there is a place for both and have proper discourse.

I mean Freakinchair is still around and can explain his reasoning why Spectre is shit, but hes not so I will continue to shit upon my good sir.

aVzDJbU.png

huh

i'm pretty sure the archives also store wonderful discussions we've had in the past where the usual replies were rewordings of "mad cause bad" and similar things to attempt to invalidate points

Razzer

> Current Meta!

Edit: You know, instead of bitching at each other you could just have a discussion of the strengths and weaknesses that you perceive in these heroes. The truth is often a middle ground. Rather than saying 'you're wrong' you could ask why they think that way. You may even learn something.

manfestival

I got to talk to Ksan the other night during a GAFMADE about Russians and Peruvians. It was refreshing. Also that one dude rage quit against Haly.

ksan

http://i.imgur.com/aVzDJbU.png[img]

huh

i'm pretty sure the archives also store wonderful discussions we've had in the past where the usual replies were rewordings of "mad cause bad" and similar things to attempt to invalidate points[/QUOTE]

Just got done doing a shit ton of school work for today, last refresh of the day, seeing what's up and I see this, scary...

Oh, and I see you were talking about spectre, I'm the only one here to have held the position of best spectre in the world.

And my only comment is that PillowKnight is the worst spectre in the world.
[quote="manfestival, post: 112761964"]I got to talk to Ksan the other night during a GAFMADE about Russians and Peruvians. It was refreshing. Also that one dude rage quit against Haly.[/QUOTE]

just gotta point out that this posts probably sounds a lot worse. especially to parts of mumblegaf, than our conversation actually was... :lol :lol

i see we're back to the ad hominems. huh. right when you're caught with your pants down for agreeing with the comment before and posting the contrary now. whatever

Zeth

The lack of additional stretch goals is probably affecting compendium sales now, right? Wouldn't Valve want to say something/update ASAP? How long will they let it go?

Soon™

Metrotab

Banned
in 6.82.

I'm always scared of picking him in Single Draft.

inkls

> Current Meta!

Edit: You know, instead of bitching at each other you could just have a discussion of the strengths and weaknesses that you perceive in these heroes. The truth is often a middle ground. Rather than saying 'you're wrong' you could ask why they think that way. You may even learn something.

This is what happens when people say Doom is a shit hero. Everyone's subconscious wrestles with hearing this disgusting lie and because its not conscious they don't understand their own anger and tear at each other.

morale of the story: doom = not shit.

Razzer

i see were back to the ad hominems. huh. right when you're caught with your pants down for agreeing with the comment before and posting the contrary now. whatever
I agree, Ksan's post you referenced is hiding from the fact that people do dismiss each other and act more rudely than they need to sometimes in this thread.

But whilst you bring up some good points occasionally, Steve also has a point in that I can't remember you ever making a post that had an overall positive tone. It's always calling people out or complaining about something. You never seem to praise people or post about some of the good things you have experienced in Dota. I may have just missed the posts where you do this, and if so I apologise. But if you are negative all the time, it seems like a rather depressing attitude to have.

Tobe

In actually thinking of taking time away from me and do a q&a to the average awful Peruvian player.

I'm pretty sure I know the answer already as to why are they like that.

G.ZZZ

doing what for 2 years

complaining endlessly and never contributing positively to the thread?

yes yes you have

But guys slardar was actually broken and IF buffing him actually ruined the game, i still can't believe he buffed him, you're all buffoons.

GBK #teachthecontroversy

ksan

I agree, Ksan's post you referenced is hiding from the fact that people do dismiss each other and act more rudely than they need to sometimes in this thread.

But whilst you bring up some good points occasionally, Steve also has a point in that I can't remember you ever making a post that had an overall positive tone. It's always calling people out or complaining about something. You never seem to praise people or post about some of the good things you have experienced in Dota. I may have just missed the posts where you do this, and if so I apologise. But if you are negative all the time, it seems like a rather depressing attitude to have.

Yeah, that post didn't actually convey the message I wanted to.
What I tried to say is that if you write your opinions of the state of the game with the confidence that should belong to a player like arteezy, you are going to get shit talked.
I mean, how many people haven't gotten shit talked for PLOP PLOP PLOP.
On the other hand, if you write that you think something seems imbalanced, but have an open mind to ask or read other people's comments about what you could do about it, I don't think there hasn't been very many instances of it devolving into people getting shit talked right away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom