• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wok

Since when do we post dotabuffs as a serious rebuttal to someone's statements? If we went around making people attach their stats to opinions or have a certain winrate to express opinions I seriously doubt there would be much activity in this thread, and I encourage you to fuck off with it. Why don't you go ahead and post your AM credentials?

I have no problem with my AM noobiness by the way. I have no idea how to play AM. I am not making any statement either.

XLPFn5H.jpg

Sanjay

Since when do we post dotabuffs as a serious rebuttal to someone's statements? If we went around making people attach their stats to opinions or have a certain winrate to express opinions I seriously doubt there would be much activity in this thread, and I encourage you to fuck off with it. Why don't you go ahead and post your AM credentials?

You have a good point sir, but Freakinchair ran towards the bus.

It started with "Not sure what kind of experiences Freakinchair has made with her that led him to believe she can be "easily" outcarried."

With Freakinchair agreeing with the notion that because of his experience and results, deemed "Spectre is shit". His words, let him burn for his wrong opinions and thought-process.

I encourage every one to fuck off people when they are in-correct otherwise people will start buying Orb of Venom with Puck and nothing will be done about it.

99.9% of the statements made in this thread suddenly invalidated

I guess to people that can't follow or read a thread.

I have no idea how to play AM. I am not making any statement either.

No need to explain your self son. Keep fighting the good fight.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Hey, I got a heroic drop from on of the TI4 games. Nice.

Whats Weird though is that I don' think I was watching the game that got me the drop. I think Valve accidentally turned on the TI3 extra drops for the qualifiers, and used last years list of attendees. Gift that keeps on giving.

Acinixys

Wheres Heavys Sandvitch?

He would feel so vindicated at this EE strat working out

so why is mjolnirr core on mirana? I see that a lot in pro games.

Lets you farm super fast + Push lanes hard + does huge damage vs non BKB heros in fights + the active stuck on a tanky hero can destroy

And all round excellent item

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I don't think it's core, I think it's just a really good item that's catching on now.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
gEEgEE

Gives you damage and DPS. Chain lightning lets you clear waves and split push super fast and gives you some more AoE in teamfights. Plus you put the active on the tank in your team so you sit back and DPS while he Zeus's it up in the middle.

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
You have a good point sir, but Freakinchair ran towards the bus.

It started with "Not sure what kind of experiences Freakinchair has made with her that led him to believe she can be "easily" outcarried."

With Freakinchair agreeing with the notion that because of his experience and results, deemed "Spectre is shit". His words, let him burn for his wrong opinions and thought-process.

I encourage every one to fuck off people when they are in-correct otherwise people will start buying Orb of Venom with Puck and nothing will be done about it.

I guess to people that can't follow or read a thread.

No need to explain your self son. Keep fighting the good fight.

I agree that people should debate others but your rebuttal should not be the posting of a dotabuff. It's closeminded and silly, one step away from winrate or mmr requirements for posting. You can learn a lot about a hero by playing against it or talking to others about it at a high level.

Whether or not I agree with Chair is irrelevant, I'm just against someone slapping down a dotabuff and saying "NYAHNYAH you don't know what you're talking about! NEXT!" I don't feel uncomfortable saying that meepo is a pain in the ass to deal with and a strong hero in the right hands, but I've never played the hero in mm or ranked. Dotabuff would say my opinion is baseless, but I have plenty of experience playing against it and talking about it with others.

Razzer

Don't let these people with their actual reasons fool you, the reason it became popular on her is Sing thought it was the best build and pretty much everybody in the west just copies him when it comes to this hero.

Edit: Also, no one replied to my essay despite an entire debate based around the same topic happening. I'm so unloved.

arab

they do not cast liquid fire. thanks local lobby

ok what would be better on a carry jakiro: deso or skadi?

i vote deso for the extra push with liquid fire. skadi seems good for slowing enemies in macropyre though. friend and i are debating it now

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Don't let these people with their actual reasons fool you, the reason it became popular on her is Sing thought it was the best build and pretty much everybody in the west just copies him when it comes to this hero.

Edit: Also, no one replied to my essay despite an entire debate based around the same topic happening. I'm so unloved.

Lol i see, all praise sing!

I will love you don't worry ;)

Sanjay

I agree that people should debate others but your rebuttal should not be the posting of a dotabuff. It's closeminded and silly, one step away from winrate or mmr requirements for posting. You can learn a lot about a hero by playing against it or talking to others about it at a high level.

Whether or not I agree with Chair is irrelevant, I'm just against someone slapping down a dotabuff and saying "NYAHNYAH you don't know what you're talking about! NEXT!" I don't feel uncomfortable saying that meepo is a pain in the ass to deal with and a strong hero in the right hands, but I've never played the hero in mm or ranked. Dotabuff would say my opinion is baseless, but I have plenty of experience playing against it and talking about it with others.

But it was Freakinchair that backed up Spectre being shit with his own Dotabuff as proof, when questioned upon it.

He did not mention that he learnt this knowledge from playing against it or talking to others about it at a high level. He was the one that came across close-minded with his answers and did not want to further the conversation to high level.

Also the Rebuttal was in reference to Freakingchairs experiences with playing with Spectre, so looking at a players history is core and there is nothing wrong with that.

What your saying overall is a true point but in this case it does not fit the scenario which your insinuating.

G.ZZZ

they do not cast liquid fire. thanks local lobby

ok what would be better on a carry jakiro: deso or skadi?

i vote deso for the extra push with liquid fire. skadi seems good for slowing enemies in macropyre though. friend and i are debating it now

Go for more teamfight/pushing oriented shit, you want to win the game early if you have literally no core. Get AC.

Jarnet87

So I was talking with a buddy about old school Dota, WC3 regular Dota and how different it was. Made me think it would be pretty cool if Valve had like a throwback mode to 1.0 or something. Hell make it a stretch goal. Will never happen but I think it would be cool go to back. I wonder if Dota is still active in the WC3 vanilla community.

But it was Freakinchair that backed up Spectre being shit with his own Dotabuff as proof, when questioned upon it.

He did not mention that he learnt this knowledge from playing against it or talking to others about it at a high level. He was the one that came across close-minded with his answers and did not want to further the conversation to high level.

Also the Rebuttal was in reference to Freakingchairs experiences with playing with Spectre, so looking at a players history is core and there is nothing wrong with that.

What your saying overall is a true point but in this case it does not fit the scenario which your insinuating.

My original post:

got me with the kappa

also specter is definitely not the strongest or even one of the strongest carries in the game. Both void and AM easily outcarry her - the only thing she is really good for is gibbing the enemy teams supports if they are underfarmed.

Followed by yours:

Sanjay said:
Let's see,

21 times played, 38.10% winrate.

Dat Freakinchair Spectre experience.

I love playing Spectre, one of my favourite heroes.

You're the one who started the dotabuff callout shitshow Sanjay. If you want to have an open-minded conversation maybe you should cultivate some manners and not jump immediately to insults.

m'lady

Procarbine

Forever Platinum

Let's see,

21 times played, 38.10% winrate.

Dat Freakinchair Spectre experience.

I love playing Spectre, one of my favourite heroes.

Don't lie to me Sanjay. While I agree that there wasn't much dialogue or exchange of ideas, that's your post man, not chair's. Of course he'll say thanks for proving my point, he was put in a lousy position. He answered your driveby dotabuff with another driveby.

Where else would your opinions come from other than experience and discussion? Chair didn't say: "I lose often on Spectre therefore I think the hero is shit." Just thought the hero was shit. This debate is stupid, just don't seriously post someone's dotabuff in place of proper discourse.

Edit: Beaten by a stupid dog

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom