• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
There have been 3 Spectres and 2 Antimages in the International so far

Spectre is 1-3 and AM is 0-2

1-3 after 3 spectre picks? One of those is a ghost :)

I was wrong.. its not 0. But still <1% pick rate - doesn't make it any more obvious that she's not worth playing unless you just want to beat up some pubs.

Wok

I also like how that picture is filtered on "All Pick" to make me seem like garbage. Nice try kid - better luck next time.

You have not recently played enough games in the other game modes.

Seems like it's some kind of arbitrary number based on the amount of games you've played on a hero and your winrate in those games. I don't think it's a stat worth taking seriously, especially since apparently nobody knows how it's calculated.

When you wanted to boast your skill with a particular hero, the only thing you could show was Win Rate. And it did not necessarily provide the whole picture - there might have been a lucky streak on a hero, you might have been carried by your teammates, or you might have absolutely crushed your opponents in each and every of these games and the Win Rate alone would not be able not show your true awesomeness.

Because of that, we decided to expand the experience with a new metric: "Success".

It [...] incorporates a variety of different statistics, including both individual and global Win Rate for a hero, Risk (~# of games) and Game Impact (~KDA).

Man, these games are tense as hell.

@Freakinchair
Just admit to being completely wrong on what you said. What's wrong with that? I won't dwell on it. Just don't be a douche about it. I'm wrong about various things all the time, it happens.

Wok

You're looking at the wrong profile then. I have 2k+ matches played and I can clearly see my 37 games on AM w/ 51% win.

Ah, I see, it was more than 2 years ago, and for some reasons, Dotabuff cannot identify the game mode. Basically, you have won your first matches with AM.

its the right account d00d, hes looking at All pick games. You only have 8 games as AM in ap

BixM9MA.jpg

Nothing to boast about. I don't know why the hero stopped working with you. You had great stats for the first half of the matches, and then this.

Edit: Okay, you have good stats with AM if the game lasts longer than 40 min. It makes sense.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
AM is the worst hero in the game. There is literally one viable build and it is boring as fuck for 90% of the game.

Acinixys

Its all very nice that Riot is now trying to emulate Dotas success and copy their products, but why dont they have an in client spectator feature like we have?

To busy only giving their players 2 mil in prize money?

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
AM is the worst hero in the game. There is literally one viable build and it is boring as fuck for 90% of the game.

I don't know if I'd go that far. Do you say there's only one viable build on SF because he always gets BKB? Not at all. Sure AM will always pick up BF, but after that, it's up to personal choice if you want to rush the manta, pick up a quick vlads, bfly or heart or BKB? Do you need an MKB maybe?

There's plenty of decision making surrounding his item build post-battlefury.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Well this is a weird draft so far

I don't know if I'd go that far. Do you say there's only one viable build on SF because he always gets BKB? Not at all. Sure AM will always pick up BF, but after that, it's up to personal choice if you want to rush the manta, pick up a quick vlads, bfly or heart or BKB? Do you need an MKB maybe?

There's plenty of decision making surrounding his item build post-battlefury.

I suppose so. It's just 99% of AM builds is BF>Treads>Manta>BKB/Vlads/Heart, and you're basically AFK jungling for most of the game. It's just so incredibly boring to me. At least SF has options for his first big item (Midas/Shadowblade/BKB)

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
I suppose so. It's just 99% of AM builds is BF>Treads>Manta>BKB/Vlads/Heart, and you're basically AFK jungling for most of the game. It's just so incredibly boring to me. At least SF has options for his first big item (Midas/Shadowblade/BKB)

And that's where the difference between a good AM and a "decent" one comes into play. When you get your battlefury on AM, you better be split pushing like mad, pressuring towers and cutting lane creeps. Spending 99% of the time in the jungle is a sure way to lose on AM unless you're team is so far ahead and you're getting carried 4v5 that it doesn't even matter.

And as for that cookie cutter build, you can say the same for the majority of hard carries, there's usually 2-3 items most of them always get, and then the other 3 are just a choice between a few luxuries--same deal as an AM deciding between bfly, heart, BKB or vlads/quick manta.

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
You have not recently played enough games in the other game modes.

Since when do we post dotabuffs as a serious rebuttal to someone's statements? If we went around making people attach their stats to opinions or have a certain winrate to express opinions I seriously doubt there would be much activity in this thread, and I encourage you to fuck off with it. Why don't you go ahead and post your AM credentials?

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Since when do we post dotabuffs as a serious rebuttal to someone's statements? If we went around making people attach their stats to opinions or have a certain winrate to express opinions I seriously doubt there would be much activity in this thread, and I encourage you to fuck off with it. Why don't you go ahead and post your AM credentials?

99.9% of the statements made in this thread suddenly invalidated

Q7JMUUB.png

Kade

My hitta.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I want EG to win now (more than I did before), and to have Alliance be 2nd, just so RTZ can throw this in his face.

(Who am I kidding Alliance won't even make top 4.)

I want EG to win now (more than I did before), and to have Alliance be 2nd, just so RTZ can throw this in his face.

(Who am I kidding Alliance won't even make top 4.)

Show more faith! Bulldog and Loda will magically learn how to play again.

I don't get Jakiro in the 1 position, what's the point?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom