• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

G.ZZZ

i'll start by saying i only quoted that specific post of yours because 1) it happened recently 2) it was concise and 3) i just happened to remember it. but i'm not singling you out, nor do i hold any grudges -- against you or anyone here

but, my opinion on this matter wasn't formed overnight, and i've been here seeing the same thing happen so many times i've lost count by now. last time i complained about, say, mirana, i didn't even go into detail, yet i had at least a few people going on about how it only works in the trench where people don't buy detection and can't control their camera to dodge the arrows. nevermind that her winrate is the same across all brackets, that she dominated the na qualifiers and rtz, when asked the other day, which heroes he'd remove from the game, picked mirana and doom. so, i'm not buying that. it happens because of a number of reasons -- they way it's said matters, but it's not really all there is to it

i don't call people names in my posts either -- well, most of the time -- yet people always start throwing shit in the discussions. again, it's the internet and idgaf, but you're implying i start these things, when i don't. nor do i address specific posters before they address me -- except this time

either way i've written too much about this, so i'm probably not replying about it again

tl;dr i'm talking about the game without talking shit about people. not everyone is doing that, however

You forgot the time you complained about Slardar like there was no tomorrow? But more importantly, we all forgot the times where u didn't post a snarky one-liner about heroes being broken, poster being inchoerent, icefrog being retarded or what else. Most of the trash talk and "hero being X" in this topic and on the Dota2 channel is being done in jest, while every single opinion of yours is absolute and full of negativity and rage . No one would care if you had the decency to post your opinion in the following two ways:

a) in absolutes, but clearly in jest
b) seriously, and open to discussion because no one is RTZ except RTZ
c) seriously, but not open to discussion because you're literally arteezy, which i can respect.

Since i actually named him, RTZ post a lot on forums and you can see him articulate his opinion intelligently on heroes, but without being condescending about it and by writing decent points (beside him being the best player in the world, obviously), when he's not joking around.

Just because i'm not in the mood to actually play dota tonight and i like wasting time in always new ways, this is RTZ:

is this the new cty or what
bloodstone is definitely the best item on tinker in an official game which ******* has never fucking played in

Notice how he state his opinion with a joke flame toward another NAdota poster.

When asked to articulate, this is what he post:

et me explicate my past claim about bloodstone being the best item; i think unless you have a certainly crafted lineup intended to burst a hero and not slow siege i.e bloodseeker furion tinker visage +1 lineup id say dagon is better but in the most common cases bloodstone allows you to slow siege and ensure safety in team fights. its really impossible to deal with unless you jump the tinker who should have a BKB in the first place if being jumped out of position

regardless of the game and composition you have or are against, you definitely need to get a hex <23 minutes for bloodstone to be effective. farming patterns are the most important aspect of tinker, not the overrated perfect positioning. using marches uselessly in the first couple of minutes after BoTs is actually detrimental to tinkers development in the midgame cause getting to the areas to march is time consuming

Articulate posts, with decent points. This is what u posted about fuckign slardar:

hylian i think you're losing because the enemy team has a slardar, not the muted player. pick slardar if you want easy wins

gotta go fast, aoe stun, +100 dmg bash, most -armor in game, truesight. best support/carry/initiator/jungler/tanker 2014

slardar is just imbalanced as shit. his ult giving -10/15/20 armor for basically no mana and him having a free abyssal is just dumb. i remember playing a game the other day where i was doom with ac/mek and he'd still kill me with a handful of slaps. just looking at the patch notes you could see how stupid that thing was. he already dealt a ton of damage before this patch. now it's basically ssj spirit breaker

blink and sprint both not costing mana just adds insult to injury

slardar shouldn't have been buffed, for one. he already deals a ton of damage with all the buffs to his ult. that thing is going to be op as shit

Beside the fact that you were grossly overestimating the capabilities of the hero, you're actually raging against him giving the impresison that other people would've been stupid by not agreeing with you. When called out on it, you don't actually answer, but instead just wait for the occasions to reply back at your attackers like this:

REMINDER THAT EHUG PICKED SLARDAR

Your next target for imbaness was huskar, after 6.81:

huskar no longer has an uam, gonna rape again fml

tree and lich dual armor towers while void freefarms all game
tree blinks into the enemy team, ults, void q's and ults, lich ults. people die
suddenly huskar and a bear jump in, rape all 5 heroes
icefrog smiles in the distance, pretending he actually balances the game and doesn't just have a bunch of monkeys throwing poop at a wall until one of them hits a square with a random balance idea

No one actually called you out on this because no one was actually sure how huskar was gonna be post change, since it looked like a big change (it wasn't, cause lifesteal isn't that great on him except as a luxury very late).

But the best thing is how you actually post, it's like reading an hormonated teenager, or someone with Kingraven's Syndrome:

dumb brood buffs

huskar no longer has an uam, gonna rape again fml

qw invoker gets away with basically no nerfs. what a great game

kotl gonna be the next shitter support

lich isn't even funny. screw kotl. this is gonna be first picked every fucking game

lycan got away with almost no nerfs as well

no mirana nerfs, great

ogre magi gets +1 armor? really? is this a fucking joke? lich gets free armor on buildings and limitless ultimates and you give ogre magi +1 armor? i'm done reading this changelog

Every change is a sarcastic "great" or shit, fucking game, fucking joke, i'm done with this.

When i actually noted that you just post vitriol this is ur answer:

yeah no. you can't stop me from posting here. take it to the mods or add me to your ignore list. i don't care

More '90 angry teenager agains the world.

Some "i'm better than other ppl" bullshit :

only betas blame themselves instead of blaming the team

be the alpha male

And to finish, some random excerpt from the literary school of "fucking shit fucking shit fuckign fucking fuck"

oh wow qas wex invoker is so hard to play. what a fucking balanced game

i hope the next patch brings back the imbalanced tree. if you're gonna have fucking imbalanced heroes every patch, at least make it the ones i can play

10k ping and no patch. guess they're finally bringing the servers down for this pos. well deserved

this thread's gotten pretty circlejerky. oh no some guy who isn't a professional player was raging. like you people haven't done that before. hurr let me join in on the bashing so i can get some e-cred. durr i'm so good at dota and never get mad at my teammates. look at me

i sure hope that internet person gives me the fucking satisfaction i deserve. herp derp i'm so good at this forum posting thing

gib upboat and commend

edit: i had a bug the other day where i couldn't type "i" but it was on the console. i didn't try uppercase i though. after restarting dota it was fine

i like how every time there is an update, there isn't a single update. it always gets followed up by 2 or 3 shitty small updates to fix something. fucking quality control, what is it

bububu it's a beta

You have serious anger issues toward this game. Everything from it make you go mad and sling curse words (when every post got them, it's just awkward), and make for some sad topic pages, especially when your attitude toward actual discussion consist in playing victim.

If we do the model vote and pick shadow fiend who is being remade anyway I'll be annoyed

Pick Jakiro or Slardar, those two aren't guaranteed a remake like Shadow Fiend is

Hupsel

OMG time to speculate what each one of them ARE!!!

Daily hero challenge: Like a daily quest in Heroes of the Storm (lol Volvo) each player get a hero per day. If you play this hero and win you get extra xp!!!
Alternate Voice: Someone to replace the default announcer? funfact: its the same person that voices Luna.
Favorite Hero challenge: You select your favorite hero and get extra xp when playing it!
Model Update Vote: People can finally try to modify Mirana's face (ps: shes not ugly)
Multi-kill banner: Idk what this is...
Afterparty Broadcast: Something they plan to do after the broadcasts, using twitch? More Mario Party?
New Upgraded Creeps: Choose between Dota, LoL or HotS creeps.
A-Z challenge support: Volvo trying to make people play support role more awarding bonus xp.
Victory Taunt: You automatically spam "jajaja" and "huehuehue brbr" when you get a kill or win a game. Just what the community needs!

Kard8p3

OMG time to speculate what each one of them ARE!!!

Daily hero challenge: Like a daily quest in Heroes of the Storm (lol Volvo) each player get a hero per day. If you play this hero and win you get extra xp!!!
Alternate Voice: Someone to replace the default announcer? funfact: its the same person that voices Luna.
Favorite Hero challenge: You select your favorite hero and get extra xp when playing it!
Model Update Vote: People can finally try to modify Mirana's face (ps: shes not ugly)
Multi-kill banner: Idk what this is...
Afterparty Broadcast: Something they plan to do after the broadcasts, using twitch? More Mario Party?
New Upgraded Creeps: Choose between Dota, LoL or HotS creeps.
A-Z challenge support: Volvo trying to make people play support role more awarding bonus xp.
Victory Taunt: You automatically spam "jajaja" and "huehuehue brbr" when you get a kill or win a game. Just what the community needs!

if u hover over the stuff it explains what each are lol

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Those are some pretty awful new stretch goals.

8 mil would be nice for the remake, but not a lot of incentive otherwise.

My friends (as well as myself sometimes, lol) are already fucking up games by picking some of our 10 hero challenge picks instead of an actual solid comp.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
If we do the model vote and pick shadow fiend who is being remade anyway I'll be annoyed

Pick Jakiro or Slardar, those two aren't guaranteed a remake like Shadow Fiend is

ballad you'd best pick shadowfiend or we're going to have a problem

but legit all these hero challenge goals are just bad and lead to even worse ap games

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
My friends (as well as myself sometimes, lol) are already fucking up games by picking some of our 10 hero challenge picks instead of an actual solid comp.

Yea, I remember before this compendium every game was perfect compositions and now it's just a mess.

BHK3

Banned
Incredibly shitty goals.

Daily hero challenge: We're gonna give you brood again and you're gonna get points, if we keep this thing around we'll give you more BP. More games will go to shit because "im good at game i just do hero challenge 4 items"

Alternate Voice: Guess it's time to vote for Slardar.

Favorite Hero challenge: Lets see just how much you can pad those stats as Pudge!!

Model Update Vote: Guess it's time to vote for Slardar.

Multi-kill banner: Great now that shit that clutters the top portion of the screen is gonna look fancy...

Afterparty Broadcast: Give us money to get Darude, thanks twitch, you caused this.

New Upgraded Creeps: Actually Cool.

A-Z challenge support: Fine with this, people already do A-Z but now you get extra BP, except why is this NINE MILLION SIX HUNDRED THOUSAND DOLLARS?

Victory Taunt: TEN MILLION US DOLLARS TO SAY IT'S IN THE BAG

I mean the previous goals actually seemed like they were worth it, new music being recorded and forcing them to go back to concepts they had and make them arcanas. 4 of these goals are repurposed compedium features, 1 is cleaning up textures on a hero, and another one is pressing the taunt button and seeing if you win...

gzzz, i stand by all those things i've posted before. i've never said i don't complain about the game. that doesn't change anything i've said in the previous post. i've also never said i'm always right regarding game balance

i don't really see the point of that post other than that. yes, i complain and yes, i'm wrong sometimes

what's your point gaming pal

inkls

Oh wow, thats true. They'd both be awesome heroes to get a VU although I prefer slardar tbh, no mention of Zeus though?

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
SF is getting an update. Vote Zeus.

btpfJd3.gif

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
1) Seems pretty obvious to me now that they did not intend to add further stretch goals. These seem quite improvised.

2) the fact that we're up to 10 million in stretch goals without any new hero stuff surely must suggest that they already have a plan for new heroes relatively soon.

3) Conversely the visual update vote to me would suggest that SF's update is not planned to be released soon despite how long it's been in development.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
1) the afterparty is limited to VIP's so it sux right off the bat
2) legit it's guna be like 15 pro's sittin in the corner with like 3 asian girls, then a bunch of other dudes grinding each other to darude in the other corner

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Honestly, I think these lame goals are intentional. They've realized the power of lucrative stretch goals and they chose to step away from the abyss. They have already received a shitload of money, more than they know what to do with. They don't want to compromise their office culture for the sake of meeting bigger and grander stretch goals, which is what they'd have to do if they kept up the escalation. They don't want the community to feel stiffed, either, if it reaches 10 million, 20 million, and Valve can't deliver on loftier promises.

This is basically damage control. They're saying "Okay guys, okay. Stop giving us money, seriously."

Ultimatum

Banned
holy shit these stretch goals are so bad

but I guess valve can't make new content now since they converted all their devs to business retards

bbd23

1) the afterparty is limited to VIP's so it sux right off the bat
2) legit it's guna be like 15 pro's sittin in the corner with like 3 asian girls, then a bunch of other dudes grinding each other to darude in the other corner

I dont see the problem here.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Or Viper and his backwards wings. Why do you hate biology, Valve?!

I can also get behind a Jakiro vote since, as ballad mentioned, he's unlikely to get one any time soon.

Watchoo say about backwards wings?
BroodLord_SC2_Rend1.jpg

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Let's campaign that the new voice goes to either Anti-Mage, Beastmaster, Necro or one of those other Sam A. Mowry characters that all sound the same.

docbon

Honestly, I think these lame goals are intentional. They've realized the power of lucrative stretch goals and they chose to step away from the abyss. They have already received a shitload of money, more than they know what to do with. They don't want to compromise their office culture for the sake of meeting bigger and grander stretch goals, which is what they'd have to do if they kept up the escalation. They don't want the community to feel stiffed, either, if it reaches 10 million, 20 million, and Valve can't deliver on loftier promises.

This is basically damage control. They're saying "Okay guys, okay. Stop giving us money, seriously."

yep

Ultimatum

Banned
I hope the model rework vote backfires on valve and they have to do it for legion commander or something new

that's a funny way to spell philosophical experimenter of economics and psychology

stretch goals are management 101

maybe we'll have more interesting incentives for ti5 when valve's staff finish their first year of college

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Yea, I remember before this compendium every game was perfect compositions and now it's just a mess.

Never said it was perfect before, lol.

But one of my friends keeps trying to play abaddon in weird spots when he admits to not knowing the hero well, and another keeps trying to fit in Clinkz picks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom