• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
All of these goals that they would add if we hit them should stick around after TI4 is over... :(

I think the Favorite Hero Challenge and the Daily Hero Challenge would be cool to have permanently, of course the daily hero one would have to be different for every player or we'd end up in a special kind of hell.

Renoir

Boars tried to carry..
Weird game..
Dont ask lol
zPTa4jG.jpg

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Still haven't seen anyone suggesting suitable stretch goals.

I don't get paid to think them up, but a few fun examples:

*the promised immortal items alter sounds, animations, or icons (i.e. follow in the footsteps of the recent pseudo-arcana sets)
*vote for next hero released
*double the droprate of items until the international
*vote for most wanted announcer pack out of a/b/c/d

None of the listed stretch goals are very exciting outside of the new model. I'd say quality > quantity, and the could easily cut out half of those boring ass goals and provide something nice at the milestones. Pretty underwhelming considering how much money has been poured into compendiums. "bu bu bu anbokr they don't owe u anything u expected too much etc..." Yeah maybe that's true, but you asked, and you shall receive.

Anteo

it's definitely possible, the only issue is determining which countries are worth investing servers in. 3rd world countries have poor routing which means your servers won't be useful for all of SA.

They need to invest in servers that are actually close to these countries, back in the wc3 days everyone connected to one server from Argentina and the connection was pretty good. If they hosted a server around there you would see at least 75% less peruvians around.

Ultimatum

Banned
They need to invest in servers that are actually close to these countries, back in the wc3 days everyone connected to one server from Argentina and the connection was pretty good. If they hosted a server around there you would see at least 75% less peruvians around.

distance isn't so important, that's what I was saying about routing. Peru is closer to Brazil (SA) than it is Virginia (US E), yet because of how internet cables are routed between countries in SA peruvian players will actually get a better ping on US E. That's why I said valve need to determine if it's worth the investment for the peruvian market, considering its relatively small size and (I assume) in game expenditure.

Ketch

$11 mil stretch goal - no more stretch goals.

I'm looking for something to watch in the background while I study. What are the best/most memorable matches or series of all time?

edit: besides TI finals. seen them all already duh

Renoir

b0M8jaZ.jpg

Thank you Hupsel and Foxes.. GG were had..

9sLTTO6.jpg

Want to take my legion out for a spin so bad. But im scare to fok up my streak.,

TUSR

Banned
Thank you Hupsel and Foxes.. GG were had..

Want to take my legion out for a spin so bad. But im scare to fok up my streak.,

Your non-ranked streak. Just do it, LC is tons of fun to blast pubs.

I have almost the exact same LC set combo.

Wow, got a Mirana and Dazzle win in a row, meaning 2 heroes off the list in an hour and a half.

Just 3 more left, Anti-Mage, Huskar and... Meepo
I might see about re-rolling, but it's so early in the compendium, might as well just wait a bit.

Acinixys

$11 mil stretch goal - no more stretch goals.

I'm looking for something to watch in the background while I study. What are the best/most memorable matches or series of all time?

edit: besides TI finals. seen them all already duh

Go to THIS page

Has the best tourny games organized by date and even has the TI4 qualifiers

Just scroll to the bottom

Wish the daily challenge wasn't $710k away, the money flow feels like it has really slowed down, and likely won't pick up again until valve starts handing out the immortals. I could see it taking a week or two to get to it.

The challenge will probably only be added 2 days before the actual TI event. So dont hold your breath

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Wish the daily challenge wasn't $710k away, the money flow feels like it has really slowed down, and likely won't pick up again until valve starts handing out the immortals. I could see it taking a week or two to get to it.

those goals are horrible.

I think Valve wasn't planning on us actually beating the last stretch goal and scrambled to find more goals. The new ones seem to be an assortment of "easy" goals (live streaming the after party for example) or things they were planning anyway (mega creep models), and just have it moved up on the to-do list.

Ultimatum

Banned
I think Valve wasn't planning on us actually beating the last stretch goal and scrambled to find more goals. The new ones seem to be an assortment of "easy" goals (live streaming the after party for example) or things they were planning anyway (mega creep models), and just have it moved up on the to-do list.

valve have no ambition

they don't believe in esports

shira

7sgr8Bs.png

The workshop shirts and stuff ended today so, we should get something soon™

Kard8p3

I don't get paid to think them up, but a few fun examples:

*the promised immortal items alter sounds, animations, or icons (i.e. follow in the footsteps of the recent pseudo-arcana sets)
*vote for next hero released
*double the droprate of items until the international
*vote for most wanted announcer pack out of a/b/c/d

None of the listed stretch goals are very exciting outside of the new model. I'd say quality > quantity, and the could easily cut out half of those boring ass goals and provide something nice at the milestones. Pretty underwhelming considering how much money has been poured into compendiums. "bu bu bu anbokr they don't owe u anything u expected too much etc..." Yeah maybe that's true, but you asked, and you shall receive.

boom, ez answers. I know valve was probably overwhelmed by the response and amount of money that made; but they still need to plan ahead.

o well.

Renoir

so im 29...
Do age really matter when u play this game?
Hupsel said were Jurassic Dota lol

Do you feel the old age kick in and hinder you?

also .. how can i get an Artificer brand? I looked on the market and i cant find any.

Ultimatum

Banned
so im 29...

also .. how can i get an Artificer brand? I looked on the market and i cant find any.

the only reason age matters is because you will want to play all day but you can't because you probably have other commitments

your reactions at 29 won't make a big enough impact that you won't enjoy the game, dota is much more about strategy and decision making then it is twitch reactions (which is the only thing age effects)

so im 29...

Age doesn't matter beyond competitive levels of play.

And Artificer's Brand has not been released. You can't turn your oral courier into an unusual one.

Hupsel

so im 29...

Age matters, its one more excuse we can use if we lose a match...
Well jk aside I also think it only matters in competitive play. In the Valve documentary one of the team leaders said they only look for players that dont go beyond 25yo. Thats why most pros are around 18-22. With that said... I do get lost and miss a keyboard button from time to time :(

Renoir

pffft.. 22 is cut off point. damn.

man instead of all the BS like make a building in base, can they release the brand.
I want to put effects on my Corsair Courrier.

Ultimatum

Banned
Age matters, its one more excuse we can use if we lose a match...
Well jk aside I also think it only matters in competitive play. In the Valve documentary one of the team leaders said they only look for players that dont go beyond 25yo. Thats why most pros are around 18-22. With that said... I do get lost and miss a keyboard button from time to time :(

That might be what they say but I don't think it's true. A lot of the 'retire at 25' talk comes from starcraft where reactions are hugely important, but reactions don't hold anywhere near as much significance in dota. Reactions will deteriorate with age, but the extra experience and maturity can be just as, if not more important. I think over the next few years we will see plenty of pros play into their late 20s.

Randdalf

It also further reinforces my suspicion that they have a hero update in the works, because they're not offering any goals related to that like they did last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom