• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmshaposv

I wish they allow to update old legendary sets with ability icons (couldve been a stretch goal)

Owlion mirana,
Great grey lycan,
Lucentyr luna,
Rider of storm disraptor,
PA alliance set.

Edit: venge set too

That would strongly differentiate all legendary sets from the lower tiers. (Rare/mythical/etc)

Acinixys

Won a game as Broodmother

Blink is now core on the hero. As soon as you get dusted or see an enemy come near you just blink into the trees and then wait till they gone

inkls

You're a fucking toddler, man.

j/k

1v1 me irl grandpa

i was 19 once.

wasting money at the wrong college

don't do that

#truthfax

Already in college, finishing my fourth year next year and graduating. There was only two colleges in Quebec who gave the course I wanted to take, so not much choice lol.

do people come that young

I'm like Arteezy except my taste in music is ok and I feed more.

I'm pretty certain inkls is dodging the age requirement for joining Gaf.

I just sent them a picture of me with a fake beard its k, they don't suspect a thing.

I turned 21 last month, so close enough :D

Do people even live that long?

I'm 20 in september. Youth, fuck yeah!

hip n stuff, lets make those squares eat our dust yo.

inkls and Razzer confirmed fresh off the teat.

Can confirm, just got my first tooth yesterday.

no biggie.. i always got an invite rdy for you..
So u can carry me to victory!!

lol, I feel weird for patronizing you now.

Foxes is a fetus.

i can confirm this is true
How old is he?

i turn 20 in oct, happy?

http://youtu.be/GUV3u13st-k?t=33s

Just wanted to not be the youngest. Was the youngest for 2 years straight when I got in my course in college (the age average was 30).

Vade

Steam friend activity is a strange place; in-between Archie screenshots you get milkman and his weird friends.

ellen pudge and I CAME HERE TO FUCK BITCHEZ are now friends.

Hupsel

Calling team #JurassicDota to teach the young gaffers how to play Dota in an even fight and prove our intellectual superiority. We can invite Jeff Green to our team.
People under 25yo can only play heroes assigned by team #JurassicDota. People under 25yo can only buy items until they get thread boots. People under 25yo cannot buy wards. People under 25yo are encouraged to play Meepo.

inkls

Calling team #JurassicDota to teach the young gaffers how to play Dota in an even fight and prove our intellectual superiority. We can invite Jeff Green to our team.
People under 25yo can only play heroes assigned by team #JurassicDota. People under 25yo can only buy items until they get thread boots. People under 25yo cannot buy wards. People under 25yo are encouraged to play Meepo.

team jurassic park can only play ancient apparition and kotl.

Every other stretch goal is 400k apart. It's just arbitrary and dumb.

At this point Valve have 9 stretch goals under construction. This will give them a bit of a breather or else the stretch goals will keep on piling. They want this to slow down. It's only been out for 12 days, yet the initial stretch goals all have been unlocked and there's still 2 months to go.

Nirvana

These new stretch goals are ass. Obviously new heroes and custom game modes were pointless, but something a bit more interesting than ways to earn compendium points, which will only be relevant for like a month after the goal is reached would have been nice.

Although voting for a model change is a nice idea, I would've thought that since the prize pool is so huge now it could have been 2 or 3 heroes instead of one.

I know this community is super whiny and I'm not usually a part of it, but the amount of money being put in Valve's hands here is so absurd that I feel the stretch goals should reflect that.

Ultimatum

Banned
At this point Valve have 9 stretch goals under construction. This will give them a bit of a breather or else the stretch goals will keep on piling. They want this to slow down. It's only been out for 12 days, yet the initial stretch goals all have been unlocked and there's still 2 months to go.

lol what

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Except they purposely set it up so two of the next three stretch goals need to be released almost immediately because their main purpose is to let people level up their compendiums in more ways. If they were really under so much pressure they'd have added more "Down the line, a new voice.. or something" type goals.

Why else did they choose lame stretch goals then? Could have went with next hero vote or new game mode whatever. They frontloaded the more exciting ones.

Except they purposely set it up so two of the next three stretch goals need to be released almost immediately because their main purpose is to let people level up their compendiums in more ways. If they were really under so much pressure they'd have added more "Down the line, a new voice.. or something" type goals.

That's why those stretch goals are spaced further from the current one. It's going to take a couple of days till the first one gets reached.

Valve hates "promising" things and then not delivering. This is the very source of why they don't tell us anything.

It's easier to not comment, then say "this bug will be fixed" and then find out it can't be and have to take it back and everyone is pissed at you because you said it would be.

shira

- Looks to be 8 rows deep with 150 seats/row separated into center, stage right, stage left = ~1200 people(?)
- stage right/left seats pointing away from the action

e6dGN9e.jpg
a4g3yTG.jpg
tqunbJD.jpg
- Look at those Premium seats up front: High back king chairs, sorry you can't see behind me peasants
- Booths don't look soundproof

Nah, I think they just singled out everything that looked decent, and will try and fabricate those that are cost effective. I mean these would cost $300.
268x268.resizedimage

Ultimatum

Banned
Why else did they choose lame stretch goals then? Could have went with next hero vote or new game mode whatever. They frontloaded the more exciting ones.

That's why those stretch goals are spaced further from the current one. It's going to take a couple of days till the first one gets reached.

it takes time to develop these things, they can't just promise ten new heroes because it interferes with valve's work flow. It goes against their culture to limit their freedom, their staff work on what they feel is appropriate, they don't have investors, they don't have management, and they won't want the next year of their work dedicated to the promises they made to the community. these stretch goals are achievable things they can implement in a short amount of time.

and valve benefit so much more when the prize pool is increased, so there's absolutely no way they'd want it to slow down

Hylian7

At this point Valve have 9 anyway, h goals under construction. This will give them a bit of a breather or else the stretch goals will keep on piling. They want this to slow down. It's only been out for 12 days, yet the initial stretch goals all have been unlocked and there's still 2 months to go.

These new stretch goals are ass. Obviously new heroes and custom game modes were pointless, but something a bit more interesting than ways to earn compendium points, which will only be relevant for like a month after the goal is reached would have been nice.

Although voting for a model change is a nice idea, I would've thought that since the prize pool is so huge now it could have been 2 or 3 heroes instead of one.

I know this community is super whiny and I'm not usually a part of it, but the amount of money being put in Valve's hands here is so absurd that I feel the stretch goals should reflect that.
I disagree with both of you. It's more likely that they didn't have time to find up with more interesting stretch goals simply because it blindsided them that we got to 6 mil so quickly. They just had to come up with something and it's hard to do so on the spot like that without using something that would be put in the game anyway, like Techies.

Ketch

I like the idea of the daily challenge hero, least played training, and A to Z challenge tracker.

I wish the first two would be permanent.

The things I think are dumb are the derude concert, new hero voice (why? Is there even a shitty voice?), and the taunt as the end goal.

I think adding new "modes" like the hero challenges is really smart. The client is pretty great already, but more little side activities (like fantasy league) and better in game stat tracking and stuff could be a place for them to spend some of this money w/out fucking up the main game.

manfestival

Are there any buff pro dota 2 players? I want someone that I can set a goal to beat physically and mentally(eventually hope to become a better player).

Ketch

I crack up every time I see that shit. He's so fucking serious about showing you his junk.

Fuckin selfies man. I'd love to know the story behind it.

Edit: He's just texting his mom about how the big tourney is going.

Quesa

I crack up every time I see that shit. He's so fucking serious about showing you his junk.

Fuckin selfies man. I'd love to know the story behind it.

Edit: He's just texting his mom about how the big tourney is going.

"See mom I told you that wart on my thigh would be gone by finals day"

inkls

Typical LoL peasant
Next thing they will say esports must be a money laundering scheme like the real sports do.

No, they'll wait for Riot to start their own compendium to say how awesome it is and how you should totally buy it to support the company that makes a free game.

3400 MMR and I just got matched with an invoker that refuses to buy boots.

Better than the Invokers on my team that claim they're supporting but do nothing other than buy the courier at the start.

Supporting apparently means "You can't whine at me if I don't have any farm at 30 minutes."

edit: The official old man team is: Gyro, KotL, AA, Necro, Warlock.

honorable mentions to: Witch Doctor, Treant, Zeus and Lich.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
No, they'll wait for Riot to start their own compendium to say how awesome it is and how you should totally buy it to support the company that makes a free game.

Then they will accuse Valve of copying Riot.

Then Riot will patent compendiums.

Then Riot will patent crowd-funded tournaments.

Better than the Invokers on my team that claim they're supporting but do nothing other than buy the courier at the start.

Supporting apparently means "You can't whine at me if I don't have any farm at 30 minutes."

:eek:

I should start support Sniper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom