• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that true or are you being funny? It seems like most of the people on my Friend's List are higher, so I just assumed I was lower ranked than most.

Edit: Doing some research and I guess you were being funny, because this site seems to indicate that average MMR is around 3700.
Not being funny.

That site is opt in so I think it's fair to assume it's higher than average as it's only capturing the people that bother to actually go online and look that stuff up which would probably not be the most casual.

The same I think would be said about ranked in general where even if 80% of people who play even get ranked, I'd say it's safe to assume you'd be more likely to not if you were in the low tiers.

Long story short, lots of assumptions, but I think the average is below what people have tried to figure out.

Just by browsing this thread your probably better off than most around your mmr in any mmr below 4k or something.

It's just a number anyhow. You're probably fine, and I doubt suckiness has anything to do with your age, everyone just sucks at dota.

Beaten by everybody.

manfestival

someone used to have a graphic of what the community was for dota 2. Essentially players viewed others as trash and themselves as being almost as good as dendi.

Wok

someone used to have a graphic of what the community was for dota 2. Essentially players viewed others as trash and themselves as being almost as good as dendi.

This is true for every activity in which you are not good at: you fail to see the good plays of others and you imagine you are good.

manfestival

This is true for every activity in which you are not good at: you fail to see the good plays of others and you imagine you are good.

Bro I never once thought of myself as dendi. Most of the people here probably feel this way unless they are named 1.09 or haly. I certainly dont think of myself as a terrible player but I feel like im an above average player. However, my statement pretty much is how my dota 2 experience has been. Also, peruvians.

Bro I never once thought of myself as dendi. Most of the people here probably feel this way unless they are named 1.09 or haly. I certainly dont think of myself as a terrible player but I feel like im an above average player. Also, peruvians.

But that's what we're saying, you're probably not.

Wok

Bro I never once thought of myself as dendi. Most of the people here probably feel this way unless they are named 1.09 or haly. I certainly dont think of myself as a terrible player but I feel like im an above average player. However, my statement pretty much is how my dota 2 experience has been. Also, peruvians.

It is a way of talking. I did not mean you as in you, I meant you as in one.

By the way, this is interesting:

Studies on the Dunning–Kruger effect tend to focus on American test subjects. A study on some East Asian subjects suggested that something like the opposite of the Dunning–Kruger effect may operate on self-assessment and motivation to improve.[14] East Asians tend to underestimate their abilities, and see underachievement as a chance to improve themselves and get along with others.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
1990 is the best year because I was born that year. I was supposed to be born in 1991 but they cut my mom open to take me out two months early. Shout out to the 1990 babies. My body isn't deteriorating yet but I'm still bad.

giphy.gif

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Motherfucking Year of the Horse, fuck yeah.

Horse babies represent.

dmshaposv

FUCCCCCK YES!

finished my 10 hero compendium challenge, finally got my tiny game sorted.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/672854173

after 3 loses, finally recovered.

Tiny, Razor and Slardar took me the most tries (4, 4, 3), I was able to do the rest in 1 try thankfully tho. (Clock, Axe, WK, Ursa, omni, morph, doom)

Thankfully no io, meepo, happy with the heroes i got!

Skab

1990 is the best year because I was born that year. I was supposed to be born in 1991 but they cut my mom open to take me out two months early. Shout out to the 1990 babies. My body isn't deteriorating yet but I'm still bad.

Any open fantasy leagues?

80's kids > 90's kids

Lotto

I never want to play Bounty again and I have no idea why people like him so much.

What, why? He's the ultimate comeback gank hero. Get a few good track bounties and get ready to see that gold graph swing. I usually play support heroes but he's definitely one of my go to offlaners. Also, I feel that Shuriken toss should be maxed a lot earlier on for early ganking.

Hupsel

The other day I got into a serious discussion with a friend that said that Lina looked like 18-20 years old. I said "no way lol", shes at least 25. So i started guessing the apparent age of many different waifus and husbandos. Gave omniknight 58yo and Rikki 19yo. Mirana about 23yo and Luna 29yo (best age). Hope they answer these questions in the visual novel.

Calidor

I know a lot of good people with solo MMR of 2.2-2.7k MMR. 3.7K MMR is amazing so I highly doubt thats the general Dota nation :D

3,8k here. Thanks man, I feel much better at myself now

:(

JK, I still think that I make horribly disgusting mistakes / decisions and I'm rightfully rated where I should be: peruvian pudge/sniper pickers or 5man carry teams.

Kade

The other day I got into a serious discussion with a friend that said that Lina looked like 18-20 years old. I said "no way lol", shes at least 25. So i started guessing the apparent age of many different waifus and husbandos. Gave omniknight 58yo and Rikki 19yo. Mirana about 23yo and Luna 29yo (best age). Hope they answer these questions in the visual novel.

Wow you're weird and creepy.

Hupsel

Wow you're weird and creepy.

I know. Broodmother is about 25yo since tarantulas have a life expectancy of about 20-25yo even though normal spider dont even get to live one full year. Amazing. Dota helped me research some cool spider facts. =o

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom