• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need some general Kunkka tips. What you got Dota-GAF?

I honestly do rather well with Kunkka, but my winrate isn't very high with him. If you are interested, Kunkka's build is rather versatile depending of your team. You can skip some points in tidebringer for X mark the spot (good ganking ability). His main thing is his boat, high damage (400 at lvl 6 I think) albeit hard to land, you need to practice it quite a bit to get the range/speed of it. It does reduce the damage you recieve if the boat goes through you and your teammates.

About items, I like drums and battlefury. Battlefury is very YMMV, and drums can be replaced with Urn if you gank a lot. Crit is a must, I do not like Shadowblade after the nerf. You can't crit out of it, and it is rather expensive, but that's me. His cast time are bad, so you need to take these into account, so BKB can be gotten depending of the game.

Kunkka is a (late) mid game hero, he will lose to late game carries easily. Low armor, most likely bad AS (Shadowblade helps on this though).

Razzer

I am no Kunkka player, but through watching too many Sing vods than is good for me, I have learned one trick. Start the torrent animation and cancel it whilst in lane, it's pretty obvious, so your opponent will notice it. If they move, you can use it to fake them out and keep them nervous, if they are oblivious you know you can land torrents easily. You gain a lot of information about them this way. Also, watch Sing vods, he's really really good at Kunkka.

Mordeccai

Biggest tip that improved my play is to not ignore X marks the spot. I get one level of tide bringer, one of torrent, then two in X marks. This kinda fucks over your harass BUT torrent becomes a guaranteed stun, better for ganks. Cast X, cast torrent beneath X lvl 2, guaranteed hit.

Then I max everything else out but X marks until late game and just pump up stats.

shira

Ok round two of Are My Teammates Idiots: Spectre who went tranqs/soulring. Legit?

If the only way for your hard carry to farm spam spectral dagger, you might as well take over carry duties and use haunt for scouting
Omniknight.png

Patch Up!

If the only way for your hard carry to farm spam spectral dagger, you might as well take over carry duties and use haunt for scouting
Omniknight.png

Patch Up!

Totally honest here, support Omni is one of the most fucking boring heroes in the game. "Carry" Omni is way more fun.

I played a game as centaur against an undying, and I noticed return (centaur's damage return passive) wasn't hitting and killing the zombies that were attacking me, even though return damage is physical. Does it not work on them? Also the wiki mentions "Does more damages with armor reduction (to confirm)", any idea if that's true?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I played a game as centaur against an undying, and I noticed return (centaur's damage return passive) wasn't hitting and killing the zombies that were attacking me, even though return damage is physical. Does it not work on them? Also the wiki mentions "Does more damages with armor reduction (to confirm)", any idea if that's true?

There is a specific exemption for return to not hit the zombies.

Actually won a game with enchantress! 3 more compendium heroes to go.

It's surprisingly easy to gank with her at level 1 if the enemy offlane is stupid (it usually is) and you got a troll or a centaur, plus the spears do hilarious damage late game. I'm sure I can optimize my farm better or micro my creeps more effectively, but I did very minimal amounts of either and I still did fine.

RS4-

How can you have 1000 games and a 38% WR and still WANT to play?

Surely he realizes hes fucking terrible at this game and should rather play PvZ or someting

Haha, oddly enough, I saw someone make a thread on reddit about 51 MMR and I'm pretty sure I saw that name.

Randdalf

How can you have 1000 games and a 38% WR and still WANT to play?

Surely he realizes hes fucking terrible at this game and should rather play PvZ or someting

If you look at his match history it seems that he spends a lot of matches intentionally feeding, hence his low win rate. He's probably just a massive rager or just wanted to get his MMR as low as possible for easy games.

If you look at his match history it seems that he spends a lot of matches intentionally feeding, hence his low win rate. He's probably just a massive rager or just wanted to get his MMR as low as possible for easy games.
You'd need the patience of a supermonk and the wrath of the devil to intentionally feed 1000 games.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Ive seen a Reddit pic where they asked 200+ people what their MMR was and 3.2k is average

But Reddit is a terrible place so take it as you will

Edit: It seems Valve say unranked average MMR is 2.2k

Also Puppey and Matt just arrived at the GD house

Huh, well that's the ego boost I needed today. At least I know I'm significantly above average.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Ive seen a Reddit pic where they asked 200+ people what their MMR was and 3.2k is average

But Reddit is a terrible place so take it as you will

Edit: It seems Valve say unranked average MMR is 2.2k
Not valid

The opt in poll and Steam bot (friends you then gets your MMR so no lying) both gave a median of ~3600 as 50%.

Aselith

Guys, I'm pretty sure Valve is wrong on the number too. I'm 1800 mmr and everyone I play with seems about that MMR so I'm pretty confident that this is average.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom