• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shame she put on those sheever's guards, because you couldn't buy enough battlefuries for that amount of cleave

Anyways, what's on the docket for today in terms of games?

shira

iH3KybfHoqRmE.png
Vengeful_Spirit_icon.png
ibillSZ6qqnj8I.png

Winner punches their ticket to Seattle, loser fights the winner of TongFu and DT
Hype Get!

edit: the hotel is empty as fuck
x3oiMNX.jpg

Indignate

I hate assholes who don't end a game and just fountain camp.

I'd rather deal with people saying the most inane shit than have people waste my time by prolonging a game for 15 mins.

Question re; playing Tinker. Once you've got Bots, Soul Ring and Bottle up and your zipping around the map doing Tinker things, does it matter how you use the Soul Ring? Like is there any difference, efficiency wise, between popping Soul Ring before you re-arm vs after you re-arm.

Ultrabum

Question re; playing Tinker. Once you've got Bots, Soul Ring and Bottle up and your zipping around the map doing Tinker things, does it matter how you use the Soul Ring? Like is there any difference, efficiency wise, between popping Soul Ring before you re-arm vs after you re-arm.

Always use it before you rearm, so you can use it again!

Pretty much true for all items on tinker >.>

sixghost

It doesn't matter in terms of total mana usage, but like ultra said, if you save it until you're about to rearm you'll never run into the situation where you have zero bottle charges and not enough mana to use bots (at least at level 1 rearm).

Always use it before you rearm, so you can use it again!

Pretty much true for all items on tinker >.>

It doesn't matter in terms of total mana usage, but like ultra said, if you save it until you're about to rearm you'll never run into the situation where you have zero bottle charges and not enough mana to use bots (at least at level 1 rearm).

Ah k thanks, makes sense. Seems to fit in line with when I sometimes experience mana issues when I'd re arm before using soul ring.

Shinypogs

Predicting CIS to win this game because water just flooded through one of our windows and soaked half the livingroom floor. Water is scarey yo.

Lotto

This LGD reminds me of the same one from TI2. They look scary as hell right now in these qualifiers. 3 cores all leading in networth this game.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
This game is unwatchable in the client. Valve needs to do something about these asian tournament games in the future.

BHK3

Banned
This game is unwatchable in the client. Valve needs to do something about these asian tournament games in the future.

I haven't been able to watch any of the games in client, from any region. They all lag really bad for me and even sometimes straight disconnect me. Asian I actually can watch with only a little lag but the casters cut in and out nonstop.

Razzer

I have to say I'm not all that impressed by these support miranas. Seems as though she doesn't offer as much as many other supports without items or levels, and moonlight shadow can be good but is counterable.

I'm not sure if I've asked this before but wouldn't semi-carry/2 Wraith King work out better than hard carry/1 WK? Armlet/Blink would do plenty of damage early, still get off Reincarnation without losing too much DPS and you could leave the hard carrying to someone like Shadow Fiend (I thought EG would be a side that would do something like that given RTZ is their main carry)

Ketch

Just lost my 11 game winning streak to dirty ass rat dota nature's prophet.

Didn't help that we randomed two of our heroes on accident

I was just saying in party chat that we were gonna loose because no way my streak can continue and then we get into the draft and 2nd two picks let time run out and random heroes they've never played.

We did pretty good, but it was mostly just surviving against the split push and eventually suffering a slow death.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Do they play out the entire loser bracket tonight?

Just the first half, the other half will be done tomorrow. The last 2 days is always just two sets of games. Hoping for TongFu to win, but Dream Team would be pretty nice too.

Ketch

I finally see the appeal of EU Hub house stream

The hot chick just said james has a small penis and chat went crazy. I'm never turning this off.

Ketch

So I bought the compendium.
I'm not sure how to get it past level 2 though, heh.

There's a list of stuff to do on one of the pages.. "Level your compendium" page or something.

You make predicitions, pick favorite heroes, vote for arcana, join fantasy league, participate in draft, get points as a drop, collect player cards... some other things I dont know. buy them with straight money.

Rizzi

I did some of that stuff, and I have no idea who any of the teams are, so I just kinda guessed my predictions.
I need that courier.

I guess it makes sense in retrospect but I was surprised when I found out today that medium-level bot matches are a lot less arduous in general than easy-level ones.

I assume that's mostly because you don't have nearly as many people who are playing for the first time and feed 5 kills in the first few minutes to the other team's Luna or Sven.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom