• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly there's just no fucking point to trying to play support when you solo queue. No team ever takes advantage of it.

I used to play support all the time but I grew very frustrated with it. Perhaps I was too shitty a support but I felt like I got stuck at some point. Lately, I found last picking a greedy jungler and not giving a fuck about your team mates is often better than playing ward bitch all game long and risk having carries who can't farm or carry. I'm very confident in farming and last hitting at least (not sure about decision making as a carry tbh) which is why I've increasingly ignored team composition altogether and went for high late game impact.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Dazzle is who you're looking for.

Exactly who I'm playing. I can ward, stack/pull, roam, whatever. But if my carries are dying nonstop (all 0-2 or 0-3 within 10 minutes) and we've got yet another foreign Pudge mid who hits 0% of anything and doesn't leave lane, I can't exactly win the game myself.

inkls

Exactly who I'm playing. I can ward, stack/pull, roam, whatever. But if my carries are dying nonstop (all 0-2 or 0-3 within 10 minutes) and we've got yet another foreign Pudge mid who hits 0% of anything and doesn't leave lane, I can't exactly win the game myself.

I guess you could play venge. She can play a scary semi-carry if shes fed.

Ugh, I wish people realized more that sometimes people just have bad games.

I don't normally play Clockwerk terribly, but last night I missed every hook except one and I ended up hitting an illusion... not sure what was going on.

Of course I get harassed about being a moron or whatever. "Report noob clock" etc.

I never say anything when someone is doing bad unless they start giving me a hard time first because I know sometimes it's just a rough game.

Razzer

I don't normally play Clockwerk terribly, but last night I missed every hook except one and I ended up hitting an illusion... not sure what was going on.

Of course I get harassed about being a moron or whatever. "Report noob clock" etc.

I never say anything when someone is doing bad unless they start giving me a hard time first because I know sometimes it's just a rough game.

Y'know, I look at this post, and I look at all the people agreeing with each other above, and well...

Nah, I'll leave it alone.

Cmon dude, you can't be this soft if you play Dota on a regular basis, can you? Getting flamed the living shit out you due to missing every hook other than one which happened to latch onto an illusion is exactly what you deserved. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, breh.

inkls

Cmon dude, you can't be this soft if you play Dota on a regular basis, can you? Getting flamed the living shit out you due to missing every hook other than one which happened to latch onto an illusion is exactly what you deserved. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, breh.

Thats not what the anti-smoking ads on tv are telling me.

Kade

If you're not operating at peak performance at all times than why waste 9 other people's time by queuing???? Hope they all reported you and you're in LPQ now.

Honestly there's just no fucking point to trying to play support when you solo queue. No team ever takes advantage of it.

When I solo queue and want/need to support, I'll usually pick someone who is satisfactory at playing the role -- like Death Prophet, for instance -- and is pretty good at other things too. That way you can can do 25-40% supporting and the rest whatever you want. It usually works out. I've gotten pretty worn out and frustrated playing heroes like Dazzle or Witch Doctor in games where everyone else is being idiots because those heroes aren't really good at doing their own thing most of the time.

Acinixys

If you like supporting but hate having shitters on your team every game just pick Rubick/Earth Shaker/Rubick/Mirana and roam from the horn and get kills everywhere. A single stun at lvl 1 in mid can win the lane for your own mid and make the game easier for your lanes.

Were there any good games today that i missed? They started at 6am here and i had to go to work today :(

Randdalf

Honestly I just mute every player in the game in non-ranked matches and everything's much more relaxing.

I disagree, take this recent game of mine for example.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/673012338

Although my team practically ignored me the entire game, I constantly bought wards, dewarded, bought/upgraded the courier, pushed back lanes... this helps give a team immense map control and I don't feel we would have won without me doing that.

Symphonic

Alright I have a lot of questions, trying to get back in to Dota before the international:

1. Can I get added to the guild in-game? Steam name is Symphonic.
2. Is it too late to join the Fantasy League?
3. If not, is there a Fantasy League here I can join?
4. Why are the Chinese Qualifiers not playing today? Are they not being streamed in-game?

Thanks guys!

inkls

Alright I have a lot of questions, trying to get back in to Dota before the international:

4. Why are the Chinese Qualifiers not playing today? Are they not being streamed in-game?

Thanks guys!

the chinese qualifiers happen at 12 pm est. Dunno what timezone you are at.

Razzer

Thanks guys!

To get in the guild, ask in the neogaf chat channel and pray that an admin notices you.

Fantasy leagues that have an open slot can still be joined I believe, but no longer created.

I don't know, someone here might.

The qualifiers already ended for today, they happen quite early, starting at like 5-6 am GMT.

Music in EE's stream is killing my ears. Wish he'd tune that shit down and comment on his game. I enjoy commentary so much more which is why I love Purge and Draskyl streams. Also P-Flax but he's kinda trenchy.

Nirvana

Music in EE's stream is killing my ears. Wish he'd tune that shit down and comment on his game. I enjoy commentary so much more which is why I love Purge and Draskyl streams. Also P-Flax but he's kinda trenchy.

Merlini best strim. But seriously, his skill level is way higher and he offers much more insight than either of those two. He's also a super calm guy and basically never flames, always points out his mistakes and tries to rally the team when they're losing. Overall just the most worthwhile stream to watch imo.

P.S. RTZ agrees boyz.

Ultimatum

Banned
Merlini best strim. But seriously, his skill level is way higher and he offers much more insight than either of those two. He's also a super calm guy and basically never flames, always points out his mistakes and tries to rally the team when they're losing. Overall just the most worthwhile stream to watch imo.

P.S. RTZ agrees boyz.

100% agree, and he pulls off the best comebacks in situations where ee and rtz would just troll

I wonder how good he would be if he tried to go pro again

Razzer

100% agree, and he pulls off the best comebacks in situations where ee and rtz would just troll

I wonder how good he would be if he tried to go pro again

Judging by his NEL performances he could qualify for TI4 over the other NA teams, he regularly beats even players from teams like NAR.

Edit:
Was he pro before? what happened?

He was pro in the Dota 1 days and just decided to quit. He was still competitive when he stopped though. He played with Maelk and Loda etc during the beginning of the scene.

Ketch

merloobi was pro back when the scene was fledgling, he played on nv.int for a bit. Went to med school, then he dropped out of med school, now hes playing dota

This video was what he was super famous for.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNZ6_tp9_1A

It's so hard to see anything in WC dota, but that looks like bigger miss plays by the other team then merlini really doing anything amazing. That being said, I would have died to the ES fissure I'm sure.

I wonder if casting makes you better player or not.

Dares

Yeah Merlini seems like a guy you would want on a pro team. He's a good drafter, calm even if there is some early losses, and really good skill-wise.

Ultimatum

Banned
It's so hard to see anything in WC dota, but that looks like bigger miss plays by the other team then merlini really doing anything amazing. That being said, I would have died to the ES fissure I'm sure.

I wonder if casting makes you better player or not.

dota 1 pros would be like 2k mmr if they played now (and didn't improve)

manfestival

Her legs are insane dude. Fight me irl if you ever badmouth her again.

giphy.gif

Zeknurn

And people say Twitch chat is creepy.

On a side note. Has anyone else experienced the last week that solo queue match quality has gone up by a lot? I'm finding that 80% of the games are evenly matched rather than 20% before.

shira

http://www.polygon.com/features/2014/5/22/5590070/steam-valve-item-trading

Once the week of The International arrived, Lee took a 31-hour, meandering flight across the Pacific and arrived in Seattle just ahead of The International 3's inaugural day of competition. He got to the venue hours before it opened on the first day and prepared to make his move. As soon as the doors opened, he made a beeline for Valve's merchandise counter.

"I ran all the way to the counter, and luckily enough I was the third one at the counter or so," Lee says. "I looked and I mentally calculated how much money I had to spend. I was trying to convert my currency to USD to figure out how much I had to spend, and I was like, OK, I have like, just slightly above $10,000."
. . .

Lee's total profit for the weekend was around $40,000.

When asked whether he planned to attend The International again this year, Lee says, "Yeah for sure. With more money this time of course
."

GGWP, I'm glad they implemented limits this year.

BraXzy

I'm gonna make a fantasy league if anyone wants to join? I'll add the details once I make it.

EDIT:

ID - 156888
Pass - neogaf

Jex

You can just pick Shadow Shaman, play cautiously, get your level 6, avoid any foolhardy attempts your team might be making to fight and then go take towers whenever everyone else is fighting elsewhere. I can often pick up 2 or 3 level 1 towers just on my own doing that.

trying to get my Pugna compendium.

Got any tips. I kept getting ganked by a pudge and phantom assassin. I kept going toe to toe with a blood seeker, since he couldnt out damage my life steal. But there were 0 mana users on the opposite team. Pudge, Phantom, Blood, riki, viper. I probably should have went Medusa or Centaur also in my line up.

also im terrible

http://dotabuff.com/matches/673099194

my medusa game didnt go as planned either.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/671439610

tips for either would be awesome.

How I got out of those kinds of people was by following them around wherever they went. Even though you have better things to do. Those people in that skill level do not take advantage of what you are giving them. You will also gain lots of commends because they only will see you helping them and blame everyone else for not helping the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom