• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kioshen

I don't like hood before the Blink.

Makes sense. What about building hood of defiance first for regen/double edge recoil, and then getting power treads for extra attack speed?

I like that the hood has a nice buildup with strong health regen, but I'll keep it in mind.

At the very least, most pro games put a high priority on getting a blink after boots for great initiation in the early game ever since blink doesn't cost mana anymore. Before that change his mana pool couldn't support blinking in then do his combo until later in the game (from what I learned by watching pro games mind you).

Quesa

Got it, thanks for the advice.

EDIT: one more thing, should I buy a starting/early stout shield on centaur or not?

Depends on if you're soloing and expect the enemy to harass you in lane.

Also! If you're feeling lucky you can do the Tranqs drop thing where you leave them on the ground (near your tower, preferably) between last hits so you're not waiting 13 seconds to start healing up again. If you're solo and the lane's pushed towards their tower your boots are usually safe.

Renoir

Is there a way to make use of the scroll wheel button on my mouse.
I have a death adder, and i cant assign any thing to the middle button..

Acinixys

Hello Diary, this is Clement again! My quest is progressing well, i have managed to decrease the number of viewers by 20% in less than 24 hours. Capitalist & LD promised me to pay 25.000 $ if i can reduce the viewers number to 5 thousand. I hope i manage to do so. I could finally live to my dream and open a barber shop in Ljubljana

lol

Dares

FNATIC and C9 guys hang out all night on the EUHUB playing games on stream.

Na'Vi guys stay off cam the whole time.

Renoir

Should be just Mouse 3. By default it "grips" the camera.

When i go in the menu to change the key.. i press the key i want to change, then i click the middle mouse button and nothing happens..
Btw. Just notice there is a quick cast option, is that like LoL where u point the mouse and the spell come out?
Is that frown upon in Dota?

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
I admit he's not OP, but he's just designed to be anti-fun. I probably win around half my games against him, but I know 100% of those games leave me with a migraine. And he gets picked so often that it just makes me not want to play the game at all, because any game that features him puts me in a state of mid of expecting extreme frustration, and then I don't play as well or have any fun. It's not PL, its me.

But fuck PL

"Anti-fun" and "fun" are both relative in dota, that's the beauty of the game. There is no riot/LoL universal standard of black and white anti-fun and that's what enables the massive hero diversity present in dota.

You and I might not like PL, but milkman for example would give his left nut to suck PL's cat nipples in real life.

I find broodmother boring but gofu has a hardon for that milf. Demoli actually role plays as Lone Druid everyday and probably lives in a forest.

Procarbine actually paid $1,000,000 to an Italian plastic surgeon to look like Timbersaw.

"Anti-fun" and "fun" are all relative in dota, that's the beauty of the game. There is no riot/LoL universal standard of black and white anti-fun and that's what enables the massive hero diversity present in dota.

You and I might not like PL, but milkman for example would give his left nut to suck PL's cat nipples in real life.

I find broodmother boring but gofu has a hardon for that milf. Demoli actually role plays as Lone Druid everyday.
pm this to ultrabum so he stops complaining

Kade

I'm going to start playing more now the important life things are mostly taken care of. If you see me online and not playing another game pls invite. Steam profile in my gaf profile. I don't like solo queueing. I am nice and will only get angry at and insult myself.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
I don't think split push is OP, and I frequently play as split push heros like Lycan and PL myself to great effect.

But it makes those games so damn boring zzzzzzzzzzzz

To you, maybe. This is how we got LoL bro. "I think any stun longer than 3s is super anti-fun and stupid, please remove all heroes to that effect." "I don't like 5 man deathball, doesn't give enough time to respond, please remove." "BKB is the most anti-fun item ever, literally invalidates so many heroes, icefrog plz." "Global teleports are op and have no place in dota, can never be balanced, plz delete volvofrog i beg plz." I can go on and on.

Ultrabum

To you, maybe. This is how we got LoL bro. "I think any stun longer than 3s is super anti-fun and stupid, please remove all heroes to that effect." "I don't like 5 man deathball, doesn't give enough time to respond, please remove." "BKB is the most anti-fun item ever, literally invalidates so many heroes, icefrog plz." "Global teleports are op and have no place in dota, can never be balanced, plz delete volvofrog i beg plz." I can go on and on.

This is a slippery slope argument. They can make small changes without making the game lol.

I have used this example in the past: Backdoor protection was a nerf to split push. It was a huge nerf! I think we need another similar nerf. Adding backdoor protection did not make dota 2 LoL.

Quesa

"Anti-fun" and "fun" are both relative in dota, that's the beauty of the game. There is no riot/LoL universal standard of black and white anti-fun and that's what enables the massive hero diversity present in dota.

I find broodmother boring but gofu has a hardon for that milf. Demoli actually role plays as Lone Druid everyday and probably lives in a forest.

Procarbine actually paid $1,000,000 to an Italian plastic surgeon to look like Timbersaw.

Ignoring of course that you're a closet Lycan furry ;P

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
This is a slippery slope argument. They can make small changes without making the game lol.

I have used this example in the past: Backdoor protection was a nerf to split push. It was a huge nerf! I think we need another similar nerf. Adding backdoor protection did not make dota 2 LoL.

There's a world of difference between suggesting a playstyle or hero is too strong, and asking to remove said playstyle or hero.

And my argument wasn't meant to be a slippery slope, it was meant to highlight the differing opinions on certain dota mechanics, strategies or heroes. What you find OP or boring, someone else might find balanced/UP or fun.

Your post is no different than a random player saying, "wtf bloodseeker is too ownage in pubs remove that hero and abilities that go through BKB, that's way too anti-fun and overpowered i play him all the time and own."

And you suggest yourself:
I don't think split push is OP, and I frequently play as split push heros like Lycan and PL myself to great effect.

But it makes those games so damn boring zzzzzzzzzzzz

So I ask why you want to nerf it? Without backdoor protection, split-pushers (hell not even split pushers, anyone would backdoor, you'd have 5 man backdoors) would be insanely OP, hence backdoor existing.

Renoir

How AM ult works? I read the description but i still dont get it.
I try to use it as a finisher like axe ult.. but sometimes it works and most the time it does no dmg. Is this hero just meant to push lanes??

Ultrabum

There's a world of a difference between suggesting a playstyle or hero is too strong, and asking to remove said playstyle or hero.

And my argument wasn't meant to be a slippery slope, it was meant to highlight the differing opinions on certain dota mechanics, strategies or heroes. What you find OP or boring, someone else might find balanced/UP or fun.

Your post is no different than a random player saying, "wtf bloodseeker is too ownage in pubs remove that hero and abilities that go through BKB, that's way too anti-fun and overpowered."

Yes, people have opinions. I'm simply expressing mine. And there is a big difference between my post and the examples that you posted. I do not think that split push is overpowered. I specifically said in my post that I think it is balanced. I just think it is boring.

Opinions, how do they work? I'm sure there were a ton of people mad when backdoor protection got added. They were probably like "WTF, I can't win with furion in pubs by taking rax with T2s still up zzzz" However, now that we have backdoor protection, I think most people would agree its a good change.

Dota 2 is not sacred, it can be changed for the better, and frequently is.

Edit: Split push being overpowered before backdoor protection existed is an opinion. You could still stop it by preventing heros from getting that strong and carrying tps, ect.

Mohasus

I try to use it as a finisher like axe ult.. but sometimes it works and most the time it does no dmg. Is this hero just meant to push lanes??

It is based on the target's mana.
Guy has 200/1000 mana, it is going to deal 800*0.6/0.85/1.1 dmg in an area.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Yes, people have opinions. I'm simply expressing mine. And there is a big difference between my post and the examples that you posted. I do not think that split push is overpowered. I specifically said in my post that I think it is balanced. I just think it is boring.

Opinions, how do they work? I'm sure there were a ton of people mad when backdoor protection got added. They were probably like "WTF, I can't win with furion in pubs by taking rax with T2s still up zzzz" However, now that we have backdoor protection, I think most people would agree its a good change.

Dota 2 is not sacred, it can be changed for the better, and frequently is.

Why is your opinion that split push needs to be removed/nerfed more valid than mine that bloodseeker is anti-fun, boring, and needs to be removed from the game?

It does damage based on the amount of mana that the enemy hero is missing. On Level 3, it does 1.1 damage per point of mana missing. It also has a decent AoE. You do use it like Axe's ultimate, but you should keep in mind how much mana the enemy hero has. Using it on a Level 4 Brewmaster or something, who has like 200 mana will not do a ton of damage. If you use it on a fed Storm Spirit who is all out of mana you can kill his entire team.

Ultrabum

Why is your opinion that split push needs to be removed/nerfed more valid than mine that bloodseeker is anti-fun, boring, and needs to be removed from the game?

That opinion is equally valid. The difference is that I don't think it is OP WTF OMG ICEFRAUND PLZ NERF.

I simply think it doesn't encourage play that is fun to me, and possibly other people.

bzHtaGq.jpg

think he was mad about giving fb away

Low Tier
Backdoor protection was a thing long before the glory days of split push. Like legit back then dota players were mongoloids. Your example is actually completely invalid.

Dota sucks anyways lets all play archeage :)

Ultrabum

Backdoor protection was a thing long before the glory days of split push. Like legit back then dota players were mongoloids. Your example is actually completely invalid.

Dota sucks anyways lets all play archeage :)

It continues to change though. For example they just rebalanced backdoor to prevent people from creatively using wisp to deactivate it. Backdoor protection just got buffed! Lets continue to buff it.

Low Tier
It continues to change though. For example they just rebalanced backdoor to prevent people from creatively using wisp to deactivate it. Backdoor protection just got buffed! Lets continue to buff it.

those were bug abuses not meta changes.

BeesEight

That opinion is equally valid. The difference is that I don't think it is OP WTF OMG ICEFRAUND PLZ NERF.

I simply think it doesn't encourage play that is fun to me, and possibly other people.

Not all opinions are created equal.

Thankfully, the game is not developed around the personal preferences of you or anbokr or even myself. And it's a better game for allowing a multitude of different approaches and perspectives.

Ultrabum

Not all opinions are created equal.

Thankfully, the game is not developed around the personal preferences of you or anbokr or even myself. And it's a better game for allowing a multitude of different approaches and perspectives.

I agree. Although, Simply having more ways to win is not always a good thing.

BeesEight

I agree. Although, Simply having more ways to win is not always a good thing.

Pretty sure there's only one - destroy the enemy ancient.

And I don't think many people are going to be convinced of your argument to eliminate split pushing strategies based solely on "I don't like it." We have an example of a company attempting to do just that and most of us consider the efforts Riot takes to ensure their vision of the game is kept intact detract from the experience than enhance it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom