• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultrabum

Pretty sure there's only one - destroy the enemy ancient.

And I don't think many people are going to be convinced of your argument to eliminate split pushing strategies based solely on "I don't like it." We have an example of a company attempting to do just that and most of us consider the efforts Riot takes to ensure their vision of the game is kept intact detract from the experience than enhance it.

There are many ways to go about destroying the ancient!

Also, I'm not making an argument to eliminate split push. I am simply saying that I dislike the strategy. I have no reason to remove it other than my personal opinion, i.e. I have no argument. I'm just expressing my opinion. If I wanted to make an argument I would have like a list with bullet points of reasons why I think it should be removed or something.

Renoir

It does damage based on the amount of mana that the enemy hero is missing. On Level 3, it does 1.1 damage per point of mana missing. It also has a decent AoE. You do use it like Axe's ultimate, but you should keep in mind how much mana the enemy hero has. Using it on a Level 4 Brewmaster or something, who has like 200 mana will not do a ton of damage. If you use it on a fed Storm Spirit who is all out of mana you can kill his entire team.

OH.. so its not if thre helth is low.. but when the man is low.
:/ its not easy to see who has low man though

inkls

New diredude with Lina this time:

tumblr_n5zmfnYKBG1sx6pl1o1_500.jpg

I admit he's not OP, but he's just designed to be anti-fun. I probably win around half my games against him, but I know 100% of those games leave me with a migraine. And he gets picked so often that it just makes me not want to play the game at all, because any game that features him puts me in a state of mid of expecting extreme frustration, and then I don't play as well or have any fun. It's not PL, its me.

But fuck PL

He's not picked that much. You have to divert your complaint to Pudge, Mirana, Invoker and Sniper.

BeesEight

There are many ways to go about destroying the ancient!

Also, I'm not making an argument to eliminate split push. I am simply saying that I dislike the strategy. I have no reason to remove it other than my personal opinion, i.e. I have no argument. I'm just expressing my opinion. If I wanted to make an argument I would have like a list with bullet points of reasons why I think it should be removed or something.

Alrighty, then. Guess that's that.

Imagine there's no split pushing... Imagine there's only one lane... Or you lane at the start then at 15 minutes the 2 sidelanes get shut off... I can't live with that.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
http://dotabuff.com/matches/674912465

Been having lot of success with sven lately, i skip mask of madness since that item always went against me when i played sven before. Instead i go treads>drums>bkb>daedalus and it works pretty damn well, i get really tanky from drums and get some needed attack/move speed so overall much better item than mask of madness imo.

Ketch

http://dotabuff.com/matches/674912465

Been having lot of success with sven lately, i skip mask of madness since that item always went against me when i played sven before. Instead i go treads>drums>bkb>daedalus and it works pretty damn well, i get really tanky from drums and get some needed attack/move speed so overall much better item than mask of madness imo.

no lifesteal at all? I don't get mom either, but a HoD + alpha wolf is pretty sick.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
no lifesteal at all? I don't get mom either, but a HoD + alpha wolf is pretty sick.

Sometimes i get a casual morbid mask i almost never upgrade it since other items take preference but i like your alpha wolf idea. After some thought mask of madness may be useful but only once you have bkb AND if they don't have any right clickers so its very situational.

Ketch

Sometimes i get a casual morbid mask i almost never upgrade it since other items take preference but i like your alpha wolf idea. After some thought mask of madness may be useful but only once you have bkb AND if they don't have any right clickers so its very situational.

Yea, I just never feel comfortable enough to get a MoM... but like 2k gold for a HoD that gives you life steal and +30% damage (if you're somewhat lucky) and then you can get an armlet and that's like +60 damage and atk speed for another 2k gold... I think you'll get way more damage (and survivability too) then going strait Daedalus... then you might even be able to skip the drums. Pack leaders aura is really good.

Pack leader's aura is what makes Doom a really good hero.
that's right I said it.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Yea, I just never feel comfortable enough to get a MoM... but like 2k gold for a HoD that gives you life steal and +30% damage (if you're somewhat lucky) and then you can get an armlet and that's like +60 damage and atk speed for another 2k gold... I think you'll get way more damage (and survivability too) then going strait Daedalus... then you might even be able to skip the drums. Pack leaders aura is really good.

Pack leader's aura is what makes Doom a really good hero.
that's right I said it.

Ehhhh i don't like armlet on sven, sure you get more damage in theory but drums gives you a little more of everything specially mana which you really need, the move speed buff combined with your warcry also makes chasing down fools or escaping much easier.
Btw what's your build? i always maxed stun first and i used to max cleave second, i think maxing your warcry second is much better than cleave since the armor you get makes you even more tankier, you get 16 extra armor! Thats huge in early team fights.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom