• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
These past few pages...

9HY53al.gif

Conceptor

So the Fantasy Leagues, does it take a day for a transaction to go through? Or can a Commissioner approve them? It would be nice to be able to get a few pending transactions queued up at the very least.

The criteria that the auto draft feature uses isn't very good so people who missed their draft (like me, or Kirby a page ago, or two others in my fantasy pool) have to wait ages.

Since this fantasy season will be looking at all matches played (not counting amateur), I would imagine that one would be encouraged to keep track of upcoming matches and 'hot' players and be able to swap them out - while keeping a solid core.

/grumble

Exuro

So I was given a random team for my fantasy team which sucks. Is there a way to unlock the league to invite more people? I've had nothing but issues with this system :(

LB1cOw3.png

Pro and I have been testing out a new strategy that revolves around using Lich as a solo pusher in the top lane while I roam around as the Peppermint Butler to keep the enemy away from our towers. It's been working pretty well, although the combined power of Ice King + Jake the Dog is INCREDIBLY difficult to stall, as their combined hitpoints is rather significant. Luckily with the Flame Princess, we have enough DPS to tear through their defenses with her conflagrate passive ability. I've tried searching up the game on adventuretimebuff to link you guys the replay but it hasn't appeared there yet, sorry. We're hoping to take this strategy to the top of the leaderboards though.

Honestly the only real threat to this is the Lemongrab + Magic Man combo. Luckily they didn't draft into that.

There's Adventure Time DotA?

BeesEight

So the Fantasy Leagues, does it take a day for a transaction to go through? Or can a Commissioner approve them? It would be nice to be able to get a few pending transactions queued up at the very least.

The criteria that the auto draft feature uses isn't very good so people who missed their draft (like me, or Kirby a page ago, or two others in my fantasy pool) have to wait ages.

Since this fantasy season will be looking at all matches played (not counting amateur), I would imagine that one would be encouraged to keep track of upcoming matches and 'hot' players and be able to swap them out - while keeping a solid core.

/grumble

I didn't create the league I'm in so I'm not sure of all the answers. I've only been able to trade a single player so if you want a full roster swap, it's going to take the better part of a week. When we were trying to draft players, we had a bug where everyone except the league creator couldn't see players so we all ended up with random first picks.

Currently, I'm crushing my matchup by grabbing players that go far in the qualifiers. I have three good players I wanted to lock in to essentially remove from the pool before TI (Dendi, Burning, EGM) and the other five I'm just going to change with whoever is playing that week. It's working out well for me so far. Only downside is finding what teams are playing when and in what tournaments is a real pain.

Chris R

Could have been over 20 mins ago, but at least it didn't go beyond 90 minutes or something silly like that other game.

edit: threesome between games shot down :(

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
why ban lycan when brew has 100% win rate

Because lycan counters everything that is Chinese dota. Chinese like to play safe and comfortably farm up before taking strategic fights or slow sieging. Lycan says FUCK YOU to all the hard carries and tries to ram down raxx and end the game in 30 minutes. I don't expect him to be banned nearly as much in euro dota, but we'll see. Hero isn't even the staple of rat dota anymore, he's the mascot for 5 man deathball-push doto on the back of howl.

shira

If Black qualifies it's crazy that all these ex-LGD.int's are making to TI4

Brax, 1437 - qualified

Misery/Pajkatt - great chance

God - well no chance

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Fuck i had an asshole in my game that dropped my items from the courier into the forest, i almost lost my blink dagger. Happened to other team mates too, one even lost an item to the enemy team. i reported the suspect i had in mind but i may have been wrong hopefully valve looks into. Dropping items from courier like that is the fucking worst thing you could do it, makes rage!

nKu6O2R.gif

PlDnRfw.gif

Dares

So is this traditional style of Chinese DOTA going to work at TI? Isn't this what got them (Chinese teams) wrecked at TI3?

kneePat

Because lycan counters everything that is Chinese dota. Chinese like to play safe and comfortably farm up before taking strategic fights or slow sieging. Lycan says FUCK YOU to all the hard carries and tries to ram down raxx and end the game in 30 minutes. I don't expect him to be banned nearly as much in euro dota, but we'll see. Hero isn't even the staple of rat dota anymore, he's the mascot for 5 man deathball-push doto on the back of howl.

And he sucks on radiant and is usually even on dire because of the bullshit off-lane advantage.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
So is this traditional style of Chinese DOTA going to work at TI? Isn't this what got them (Chinese teams) wrecked at TI3?

I don't know, I feel like the better Chinese teams (Newbee/DK, and you can even see it from LGD) are in a much better position than some of these qualifier teams that are playing standard conservative, farm-oriented Chinese dota. I think we're just seeing qualifier teams pick what they are comfortable with, it probably won't be the same style of play at TI.

Conceptor

I didn't create the league I'm in so I'm not sure of all the answers. I've only been able to trade a single player so if you want a full roster swap, it's going to take the better part of a week. When we were trying to draft players, we had a bug where everyone except the league creator couldn't see players so we all ended up with random first picks.

Currently, I'm crushing my matchup by grabbing players that go far in the qualifiers. I have three good players I wanted to lock in to essentially remove from the pool before TI (Dendi, Burning, EGM) and the other five I'm just going to change with whoever is playing that week. It's working out well for me so far. Only downside is finding what teams are playing when and in what tournaments is a real pain.
Yeah, I've made a couple of transactions in the second League but the first one I've got a totally random team. Unless Valve plan on revamping the fantasy feature and getting an in-depth game tracker/schedule in the client, I don't see any reason not to reward the players taking the time to check out who is playing when. Usually other fantasy leagues that I've played in (for sports) implement a transaction timer (sometimes) and give players an arbitrary number (I can't remember the term for it) that correlates with the number of roster moves they make and that can affect their pecking order for picking up players in a dispute between two or more individuals

Your strategy is sound though, that's what people should be aiming for imo. You can't sit on your TI4 horses and hope for the best as we have lots of time till then.

I don't know, I feel like the better Chinese teams (Newbee/DK, and you can even see it from LGD) are in a much better position than some of these qualifier teams that are playing standard conservative, farm-oriented Chinese dota. I think we're just seeing qualifier teams pick what they are comfortable with, it probably won't be the same style of play at TI.

Yeah DK and Newbee are fun to watch and aren't really into that traditional chinese playstyle.

i don't think cis understand strategy, black just wants to farm all day no matter what

thats sort of his thing

hes been doing it for years

༼ ▀̿̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿ ༽ ʕ ͡•ᴥ ͡• ʔ༼ ▀̿̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿ ༽ PROTECT THE BEAR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom